Revisiting Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)

Kray

Difference Between MSM and Organic Sulfur

Please give your comments after reading the above link.
No, they all use a common packaging system that nutralizes sulfur. It used to be the best but results don't lie.
[email protected] is the only one we trust. It's ordered direct through e-mail or phone. They test each batch for purity.

Found this: Difference Between MSM and Organic Sulfur

Seems there is confusion between types of sulfur. Seems sulfuric acid is not what we're looking for! OptiMSM appears to be what you are referring to as "organic sulfur". Not sure about your claim as to "neutralized" and how you would know if a particular MSM product is/is not neutralized and what difference that would make in its efficacy.

Found this too: The Organic Sulfur / LIPH Protocol For Cancer

Still unclear to me. If you have a pure distilled MSM, no fillers, seems same as "organic sulfur". Writer comments that chlorinated water added will neutralize it, but nothing else mentioned on that issue.

Last edited:

whit

Difference Between MSM and Organic Sulfur

Please give your comments after reading the above link.

Found this: Difference Between MSM and Organic Sulfur

Seems there is confusion between types of sulfur. Seems sulfuric acid is not what we're looking for! OptiMSM appears to be what you are referring to as "organic sulfur". Not sure about your claim as to "neutralized" and how you would know if a particular MSM product is/is not neutralized and what difference that would make in its efficacy.

Found this too: The Organic Sulfur / LIPH Protocol For Cancer

Still unclear to me. If you have a pure distilled MSM, no fillers, seems same as "organic sulfur". Writer comments that chlorinated water added will neutralize it, but nothing else mentioned on that issue.
Thanks for contributing. great research

The value of organic sulfur aka MSM is that it can react with nearly every compound known to be a toxin to the human body. The body recognizes and can use it if it's in the diet.
If its been combined with something during any step of the shipping process the value of its ability to sulfate toxins goes down.
The body can use it without much effort in cleaning it up if its allready clean.
Clorine is just another compound in our environment that it reacts with that can neutralize its effectiveness.

MSM can be tested for purity by a simple process. Dissolve it in pure water when the water has dissipated the MSM should recristalize. If it doesn't there's something else there that's bound to it.

Kray

Thanks for contributing. great research

The value of organic sulfur aka MSM is that it can react with nearly every compound known to be a toxin to the human body. The body recognizes and can use it if it's in the diet.
If its been combined with something during any step of the shipping process the value of its ability to sulfate toxins goes down.
The body can use it without much effort in cleaning it up if its allready clean.
Clorine is just another compound in our environment that it reacts with that can neutralize its effectiveness.

MSM can be tested for purity by a simple process. Dissolve it in pure water when the water has dissipated the MSM should recristalize. If it doesn't there's something else there that's bound to it.

Thanks-- just ordered some "99.9%" pure MSM, distillation process, no binders, fillers, to try. There's also a book written by Dr Jacobs et al that may be worth getting a copy of...

whit

Thanks-- just ordered some "99.9%" pure MSM, distillation process, no binders, fillers, to try. There's also a book written by Dr Jacobs et al that may be worth getting a copy of...

Thanks I'll look it up.
Let us know how your MSM experience goes.
We've noticed that upon the third or fourth day there is some die off symptoms. We use activated charcoal to counter these effects. Also most supps as well as charcoal should be taken sometime before or after MSM to avoid deactivating the benefits of both.

Kray

Thanks I'll look it up.
Let us know how your MSM experience goes.
We've noticed that upon the third or fourth day there is some die off symptoms. We use activated charcoal to counter these effects. Also most supps as well as charcoal should be taken sometime before or after MSM to avoid deactivating the benefits of both.

What would die-off symptoms be? I'm only taking 1/2 tsp. first thing in the morning, just started yesterday. Also using some topical on dry and scarred areas. Will try to remember to give update :)

whit

Dieoff is a term for candida dieoff. The symtoms are often headache and/or constpation.
Just giving you a heads up in case of issues arrise.
I'm not aware of topical application effectiveness.
The fat soluble vitamins A,D,E,K are faithfully reliable for scar reduction.

lvysaur

What's the reasoning behind this? I don't see why that would indicate its purity.

Kray

Dieoff is a term for candida dieoff. The symtoms are often headache and/or constpation.
Just giving you a heads up in case of issues arrise.
I'm not aware of topical application effectiveness.
The fat soluble vitamins A,D,E,K are faithfully reliable for scar reduction.

Isn't MSM (DMSO2) a cousin to DMSO? I'm wondering if MSM in a skin cream with all the fat-solubles, would help deliver the vitamins deeper into the skin, thus helping with scarring? Or, does MSM work differently than DMSO applied topically?

whit

My understanding is limited to research. That being said there are plenty of resources that could enlighten you on this subject greater than I. I believe MSM works mainly from the inside. DMSO from the outside. DMSO is the oxide stable form of MSM.
I've been told about 10% of MSM is turned to DMSO in the body.

But, if no other ingredients are listed besides MSM,
should, could, would it form crystals?
Yes it should, if it's pure.
You may want to test your own batch for yourself to confirm purity.
Not every company keeps there hoppers clean of impurities.

We use DMSO for topicals and MSM by itself internally.
I hope this brings some clarity.
The founder of the sulfur study can answer your questions as well.

Last edited:

Kray

(whit) My understanding is limited to research. That being said there are plenty of resources that could enlighten you on this subject greater than I. I believe MSM works mainly from the inside. DMSO from the outside. DMSO is the oxide stable form of MSM.

Would you please provide me with the literature you got your information from regarding use of MSM and DMSO?

whit

(whit) My understanding is limited to research. That being said there are plenty of resources that could enlighten you on this subject greater than I. I believe MSM works mainly from the inside. DMSO from the outside. DMSO is the oxide stable form of MSM.

Would you please provide me with the literature you got your information from regarding use of MSM and DMSO?

Some of what my research has been on sulfur and it's known effects on liver and the phase2 step in detox.
This is widely known. There is however a growing body of research online.
This should help you get started.
Are the Health Benefits of MSM Related to Sulfur?
Though I don't think Dr Mercola is right about everthing, he's willing to admit that publicly.
That's earned my respect. He has been a good resource at times.

Dr.Peat mentions DMSO in his book Nutrition for Women as well.

Kray

Some of what my research has been on sulfur and it's known effects on liver and the phase2 step in detox.
This is widely known. There is however a growing body of research online.
This should help you get started.
Are the Health Benefits of MSM Related to Sulfur?
Though I don't think Dr Mercola is right about everthing, he's willing to admit that publicly.
That's earned my respect. He has been a good resource at times.

Dr.Peat mentions DMSO in his book Nutrition for Women as well.

Thanks, while checking on my own after my post, I found Mercola's article too. Some good information. Also, the book by Dr Jacob, which I just finished skimming through. He was a pioneer in DMSO/DMSO2 (MSM) in his clinical practice. It's pretty fascinating stuff-- I never knew that DMSO is a life-saver for organ transplants. DMSO is the industry standard (at least at the time Jacobs' book was written) to "freeze" donor organs without destroying them, thus preserving them until time of transplant. By the way, Dr Jacob proposed both forms of sulfur to be used topically as well as internally. Having said that, other than for purity concerns of MSM as discussed above, I'm curious as to why Peat has suggested caution in using MSM? Do you know offhand what purposes he recommended use for DMSO in women?

Thanks-

whit

I couldn't speak to why specifically Peat would suggest caution on MSM Other than the same reasoning for all supplementation. Its subject to industrial shortcuts.
Peat as a rule favors food over supplements.
The problem with food for MSM is that it's simply not there
Or if it is the volume is low. Eating 5 pounds of garlic per day can be problematic.
I'm not sure as to the purposes Peat recommended DMSO for women. I do know he prefers fat soluble vitamins to be administered topically. There may be a correlation there.

Kray

Whit: I think MSM is found in dairy and meat, to name a few, but heat/processing destroys, I believe. So, raw dairy would be a possible source, such as raw milk, cheeses? Otherwise, probably true about its lack of abundance in our diet. The garlic idea is great if you live alone but most of us don't! I'm taking the Kala Health MSM crystals and liking it very much. Started @ 2g/day taken in early morning. Dr Jacob suggested this as it can be stimulating when taken at night.

Thanks for keeping the discussion going, your feedback has been very helpful!

whit

Raw dairy is hard to get around here. They shut the place down if they think of selling it.
I take mine in the morning but not on an empty stomach.
I've found need of fuel for the stimulating factor. Milk or oj a few minutes before works better for me.
I sometimes take it in early afternoon or before workouts and find it to increase productivity.

Thank you for your input.
Update us on any new findings or progress you might have.

Kray

Whit--

Raw milk is wonderful. Maybe you could check out some private small farms; they are everywhere. If raw is not allowed in your state, farmers may sell raw milk if it will be fed to animals. :D

Taking MSM with some kind of food is best, I agree. Have you found it helps with the energy? Let me know what other improvements you note along the way as well. How long have you been supplementing it? Depending on your need for taking it, I think it can take some time to work. And Dr Jacob did admit that not everyone claimed benefits from use.

Thanks-

whit

Whit--

Raw milk is wonderful. Maybe you could check out some private small farms; they are everywhere. If raw is not allowed in your state, farmers may sell raw milk if it will be fed to animals. :D

Taking MSM with some kind of food is best, I agree. Have you found it helps with the energy? Let me know what other improvements you note along the way as well. How long have you been supplementing it? Depending on your need for taking it, I think it can take some time to work. And Dr Jacob did admit that not everyone claimed benefits from use.

Thanks-

Thanks for the tips on the raw milk. I'll look into it.
I have been able to find the raw cheese. The cost can be quite prohibitive though especially grass fed.

I have found MSM to be quite stimulating. It seems warming.
If the liver has enough energy from sugar and protein to fuel phase2 of the detox there's some great things that start to happen. I believe milk is (when tolerated) perfect for this.
I like to give it about 20min. Before MSM administration.
Some people use MSM as eye drops or nasal spray for allergies.

I've been using it off and on for 15 years or so. The last year or so its been mostly on.
All my allergies have gone away as a result.

Kray

Thanks for the tips on the raw milk. I'll look into it.
I have been able to find the raw cheese. The cost can be quite prohibitive though especially grass fed.

I have found MSM to be quite stimulating. It seems warming.
If the liver has enough energy from sugar and protein to fuel phase2 of the detox there's some great things that start to happen. I believe milk is (when tolerated) perfect for this.
I like to give it about 20min. Before MSM administration.
Some people use MSM as eye drops or nasal spray for allergies.

I've been using it off and on for 15 years or so. The last year or so its been mostly on.
All my allergies have gone away as a result.

Thanks for the tip on taking the MSM-- I'll be trying that tomorrow with my raw milk! I've not met anyone who's had such success with it for allergies but this is exciting news. How long should I expect to notice improvement in allergy symptoms? I'm taking about 2gm/day. Would just taking it orally rather than drops or spray help in the same way for allergies?

Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals