REVISITING FASTING

sladerunner69

I’m not sure. I think 6 months or so... and I read most of them used T4 so maybe they would recover faster on a combo thyroid or just T3 alone

Would you mind sharing one or two with me? I took a look on propecia help and was able to find just one case of a guy using Chrysler's method of gradually introducing preg > t3 > t4 and then cycling, rinse and repeat.

The problem is that I have long stayed far away from that board as it brings nothing but the darkest memories of heartache and confusion. I cannot spend much time on their without recalling these feelings, even nearly a decade gone by.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Would you mind sharing one or two with me? I took a look on propecia help and was able to find just one case of a guy using Chrysler's method of gradually introducing preg > t3 > t4 and then cycling, rinse and repeat.

The problem is that I have long stayed far away from that board as it brings nothing but the darkest memories of heartache and confusion. I cannot spend much time on their without recalling these feelings, even nearly a decade gone by.
I just went on there to take the drug survey. I don’t remember the actual user names or posts. I took Accutane from 2014-2015 though so I feel you.

Gl;itch.e

I'm definitely not PUFA depleted. What would you say is the best way to take vit E when I do 20/4 or 22/2 fasts? Would taking it during the eating window be enough to counter all those toxic FFAs that are released during the fasting time?
I use it about midway during the fasts. I figure that the start of your fast you are basically going to be using your glycogen stores first and that the FFAs start to ramp up as you go deeper into the fast and deplete your glycogen. If you were able to divide doses you could just do a little every hour or two through the whole fast.

Gl;itch.e

To the people that think the pufas will make fasting not viable;

Are you not going to have to deal with them regardless when you deplete them the long way?
Exactly. Though as I have mentioned before, I think the best strategy for depleting PUFA for the long run will depend on your diet history and current health status. A younger, healthier person may benefit more in the long run by just getting bodyfat as low as possible and detoxifying the PUFA now rather than the long slow replacement process.

GreekDemiGod

Do you guys think fasting / IF could contribute to hairloss / MPB?
Also, what does it mean if someone's thyroid pathway doesn't work great, but neither the back-up system works (adrenaline, cortisol) to sustain high energy? Where is the root issue here?

Capt Nirvana

Pituitary-testicular axis in obese men during short-term fasting. - PubMed - NCBI

Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.

I did intermittent fasting for a year and I know this is pretty anti peat but I did notice a leaner more masculine face, ripped abs and morning woods more often.

Perhaps it does work provided you eat properly during you “window” and eat enough.
Peristalsis and haustral shuttling increase by a factor of four while eating. The enteric nervous system acts like a hungry baby when not fed. That's why Dr. J.H. Kellogg (over a century ago) advised his clients to eat a snack just before bedtime. Intestinal stasis generates indoles, skatoles, cadaverine, cortisol, histamine, serotonin, and The Usual Suspects.

milkboi

Peristalsis and haustral shuttling increase by a factor of four while eating. The enteric nervous system acts like a hungry baby when not fed. That's why Dr. J.H. Kellogg (over a century ago) advised his clients to eat a snack just before bedtime. Intestinal stasis generates indoles, skatoles, cadaverine, cortisol, histamine, serotonin, and The Usual Suspects.

Yup matches my current experience with IF

ddjd

Pituitary-testicular axis in obese men during short-term fasting. - PubMed - NCBI

Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.

I did intermittent fasting for a year and I know this is pretty anti peat but I did notice a leaner more masculine face, ripped abs and morning woods more often.

Perhaps it does work provided you eat properly during you “window” and eat enough.

View: https://twitter.com/drkohilathas/status/1652288207990530050?t=AqPrEIOpGRyVUeFZHum2Ww&s=19