Reversing Type 2 Diabetes

Wallrus

Would any of these supplements be helpful in reversing Type 2 diabetes?

thanks

OP
W

Wallrus

Which supplements?

I had the same question, until I noticed the post is under Idealabs. So I assume the poster wants to know which Idealabs supplements are helpful in reversing Type 2 diabetes.

Actually, it doesn't have to be idealabs.....any info on any supplements or any other research chemical, peptides, or whatever would be appreciated. If you think I should move this post, I can.

thanks

berk

Actually, it doesn't have to be idealabs.....any info on any supplements or any other research chemical, peptides, or whatever would be appreciated. If you think I should move this post, I can.

thanks
supplements doenst work if you dont have a proper diet.
proper diet = key. Supplements = extra.
So what is your diet/meal plan for the next months?

OP
W

Wallrus

I was looking into keto/paleo. I don't have a definite plan.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Would any of these supplements be helpful in reversing Type 2 diabetes?

thanks
Diabetes, or insulin resistance, is caused by an excess of free fatty acids in the blood. This points to the adipose tissue that's releasing too much fat in the presence of glucose. Visceral fat is the biggest contributor to excess fat in the bloodstream, so lowering that would help. Cortisol is the strongest driver of visceral fat creation.
Blocking lipolysis with aspirin and niacin greatly improves insulin sensitivity. Inflammation and stress hormones promote lipolysis.

Biotin, glycine, taurine, vitamin D, calcium and B1 can greatly improve insulin sensitivity.

What I would do is start by limiting fat intake, especially PUFA intake, to about 60g daily, then bump up my protein and whole fruit intake. Add in a good quality milk if you can tolerate that.

Then I'd use 500mg aspirin, 5mg biotin and 5g glycine with each meal three times a day.
Then in the morning I'd use 1-2g taurine, 100mg vitamin B1, 100mg vitamin B2, 500mg niacinamide, 10mg vitamin B6 and a good olive leaf extract. If cortisol and estrogen is a persistent issue, I'd look into adaptogens, or maybe progesterone to block the effect of excess cortisol and estrogen.