Reversing Chronic Kidney Disease with Niacin and Sodium Bicarbonate

I would add that should one use baking soda, it would absolutely be best to do this away from meals as baking soda would neutralize stomach acid and could in turn lead to pneumonia.

This is good information Jon, thank you.

OP
David PS

David PS

David, do you think this article would suggest that niacinamide is among the forms of niacin that may be helpful in chronic kidney disease?
I am wondering if you are trying to avoid the niacin flush. For yourself or for someone else.

To answer your question, I do not know. I am not involved in any of the medical fields so my opinion is of little value, if any. It is best to consult your physican on matters like this.

Having said that, some people on the forum have conducted N=1 experiments to see the effect of different substances on specific endpoints. The article has a section that states that "Niacin helps to get the phosphorous down." If that is what you are trying to do, studies have shown that niacinamide and niacin achieve clinically significant reductions in serum phosphate in patients undergoing dialysis. Consider reading:

Ray Peat recommends changing the diet to lower the ratio of calicum to phosphorous.

I hope this helps.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals