Reversing Chronic Kidney Disease with Niacin and Sodium Bicarbonate

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing.
I work in dialysis and will be discussing this with the nephrologists.

Jon2547

I would add that should one use baking soda, it would absolutely be best to do this away from meals as baking soda would neutralize stomach acid and could in turn lead to pneumonia.

Inaut

I add it to acidic stuff like fruit juices or lemon juice. It's the best way of consuming it I find.

Ben.

Super interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I would add that should one use baking soda, it would absolutely be best to do this away from meals as baking soda would neutralize stomach acid and could in turn lead to pneumonia.

That was my thought too. Makes me realy surprised tho that they use 600 mg for the main meal. Prolly better a few hours after the meal.

OP
David PS

David PS

If you are going to use baking soda, the label need to state that it is aluminum free. Otherwise, it most certainly contains aluminum.

aliml

Fact: Reversing Chronic Kidney Disease with Serotonin Antagonist (Niacin)

Gustav3Y

I have used it mostly as powder on the tongue then drink a pit of water to ingest it, but never with food, it causes me indigestion.

I take it mainly when I have nausea and it helps.
I do not have nausea because of high acid reflux, it is first the migraine then the nausea appears.

Gustav3Y

Fact: Reversing Chronic Kidney Disease with Serotonin Antagonist (Niacin)

There is no mention of Niacin in that study, why say it then?

Wasn't speculated that Niacin intake spares tryptophan and cause more serotonin to circulate?

Dr. B

If you are going to use baking soda, the label need to state that it is aluminum free. Otherwise, it most certainly contains aluminum.
why does it contain aluminum? if its usda organic it should be clean?

OP
David PS

David PS

why does it contain aluminum? if its usda organic it should be clean?
It is a contaminant. It a component of the earths crust. Do you have packaging labels that state their baking soda is 100% USDA organic? Why would marketers label their product as aluminum free if contamination was not a concern?

Edit - aluminum free baking soda is meant for human consumption. Other baking soda that has not undergone additional step(s) to remove aluminum are not. Remember, 100% could be as impure as 99.6% and still be labeled 100%.
Earth-comp.jpg

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

Are you thinking about baking powder, which typically does contain Al?

Most baking sodas found commercially in the United States come from ore mined in Wyoming. The ore is heated until it turns to soda ash, and then it is combined with carbon dioxide to create the chemical baking soda. Aluminum is typically a contaminant in the mined ore and the final product unless the packaging states otherwise.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/07/36/65/0736652e5af9898bf19fb88122d431d9.jpg

Edit - aluminum free baking soda is meant for human consumption. Other baking soda that has not undergone additional step(s) to remove aluminum are not. Remember, 100% could be as impure as 99.6% and still be labeled 100%.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

Most baking sodas found commercially in the United States come from ore mined in Wyoming. The ore is heated until it turns to soda ash, and then it is combined with carbon dioxide to create the chemical baking soda. Aluminum is typically a contaminant in the mined ore and the final product unless the packaging states otherwise.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/07/36/65/0736652e5af9898bf19fb88122d431d9.jpg

I'll have to read more information. It may just be a marketing scam to label baking soda "aluminum free"
Baking soda does not contain aluminum.

I even called the Arm and Hammer (the “famous” baking soda company) to double check, and they stated very definitively that their baking soda is 100% sodium bicarbonate and contains zero aluminum.

Whew. It’s kinda nice to have one less thing to worry about, huh?

It seems that this whole confusion started because certain manufacturers have labeled their product as “aluminum-free baking soda.”

That would lead one to believe that there IS indeed varieties of baking soda that do contain aluminum, however, that is not the case. I believe the reasoning behind this labeling was because they were probably getting a bazillion calls each day from people who were confused by the difference between baking soda and baking powder–so they stuck the label on there to put everyone’s mind at ease.

However, all baking soda is aluminum-free, even if it is not labeled as such.

OP
David PS

David PS

I'll have to read more information. It may just be a marketing scam to label baking soda "aluminum free"

It might come down to acceptable limits. This is considered to be a high purity product and is eligible to be labeled aluminum free.
HTB1nc_5m_XYBeNkHFrdq6AiuVXaH.jpg

mamakitty

Can one use it at bedtime? Could it help with acid reflux in pregnancy?
What if one’s taking baby or full strength aspirin at bed time as well, would that be dangerous?

mamakitty

OMG thank you so much! I also really benefited from your comments on policisonol for ldl. Do you think a pregnant woman or a trying to conceive woman can take niacin and policisonol safely?

PS: I, for the longest time, thought that profile pic was you, and I was like very nice and smart looking guy, should listen to his advice. I zoomed in today and realised it’s THE doctor with his screwdriver hahahahaha good one!

mamakitty

There is no mention of Niacin in that study, why say it then?

Wasn't speculated that Niacin intake spares tryptophan and cause more serotonin to circulate?
Hi,
Can you please provide more info on what you wrote there about niacin sparing tryptophan. That sounds bad. I’m thinking of upping my niacin intake to decrease ldl and help my kidneys, but I want to make an educated decision.

Gustav3Y

You can try and test blood levels often to see how things are getting affected, your kidneys, liver, etc.

Some people take Niacin and reduce IBS issues for example some take it and only get worse. Not saying everyone takes it for the same reason (IBS), but is is something you can see.
I cannot pin point to the discussions now. We know Tryptophan is used for the production of Niacin, there is where my question came from.
But most people here claim they avoid tryptophan or want to avoid it.

"Studies in normal adults have shown that an average of 3.3 per cent of administered tryptophan is converted to niacin compounds. On a molar basis, approximately 60 mg of dietary tryptophan appears to be equivalent to 1 mg of niacin."

May want to read this:

mamakitty

You can try and test blood levels often to see how things are getting affected, your kidneys, liver, etc.

Some people take Niacin and reduce IBS issues for example some take it and only get worse. Not saying everyone takes it for the same reason (IBS), but is is something you can see.
I cannot pin point to the discussions now. We know Tryptophan is used for the production of Niacin, there is where my question came from.
But most people here claim they avoid tryptophan or want to avoid it.

"Studies in normal adults have shown that an average of 3.3 per cent of administered tryptophan is converted to niacin compounds. On a molar basis, approximately 60 mg of dietary tryptophan appears to be equivalent to 1 mg of niacin."

May want to read this:
I already have postpartum kidney problem though, so I’m not sure experimenting is a good idea for me. In fact, I’m getting frustrated since yesterday because there’s a lot of conflicting information on niacin. I want to take it decrease my ldl, otherwise the ***t doctor would force me to go on a statin. Some studies show niacin is good for kidneys too. I was super happy but then I find stuff like you are posting and studies showing niacin gives you diabetes and liver failure. I’m so confused and exhausted.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals