Reversing Autoimmunity From a Bioenergetic Perspective

JFwellness

@CLASH and I recently finished our 4-episodes series on autoimmunity where we discussed the problems with many popular approaches to autoimmunity and what can be done instead to reverse the autoimmune state.

In the first episode of the series we discussed the problems with the conventional and functional medicine views of autoimmunity, where the body’s own immune system begins attacking itself as a result of phenomena like molecular mimicry. We then explored alternative views of the immune system (including the views of William Koch, Polly Matzinger, and Jamie Cunliffe) and how these views lend support to the idea that a lack of energy and structure underlies autoimmune conditions.

In the second episode we discussed evidence for the bioenergetic view of immunity and the importance of gut health from this view, including how to restore gut health from the bioenergetic perspective.

In the third episode we discussed the problems with using fish oil/omega-3s to decrease inflammation and the problems with PUFA in general when it comes to autoimmune conditions. We also dug into why low-carb and low-calorie diets make autoimmune conditions worse in the long run.

And in the last episode we discussed supplements that help to reverse autoimmune conditions and help to support our metabolism and immune system against virtually anything, whether it's bacteria, fungi, viruses, or any other destructive agent.

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts!

Steve

Thanks for the episodes...I think I caught them all except the last one, so I'll listen to that one next.
I guess I have an autoimmune issue with TSI antibodies, Grave's disease.
At least that's what the blood test says.

Zpol

Are you saying you think it's possible to actually heal damage to organs not just prevent further damage?

For example; with Celiac, the villi in the intestines become atrophied and cannot absorb certain proteins anymore (including casein and gluten), these proteins then cause autoimmune flare ups if ingested. But could the villi be regenerated?

Regenerating myelin sheath (in MS) or resurrecting beta cells (Diabetes type 1) would be even harder I would think. But then Terri Wahls seemed to manage it. Also, I personally know a woman who reversed her Parkinson's diagnosis.

qwazy

The villi can be regenerated. Just takes some time.
Some tissue can regenerate much better than other tissue. Also how severe the damage is matters a lot.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are you saying you think it's possible to actually heal damage to organs not just prevent further damage?

For example; with Celiac, the villi in the intestines become atrophied and cannot absorb certain proteins anymore (including casein and gluten), these proteins then cause autoimmune flare ups if ingested. But could the villi be regenerated?

Regenerating myelin sheath (in MS) or resurrecting beta cells (Diabetes type 1) would be even harder I would think. But then Terri Wahls seemed to manage it. Also, I personally know a woman who reversed her Parkinson's diagnosis.
Triphala has been shown to restore the villi.

Zpol

Triphala has been shown to restore the villi.
Thanks, I'll look into it. I did try it once because I thought it would help with constipation or IBS, it didn't, but I was still eating gluten at the time.

OP
J

JFwellness

Thanks for the episodes...I think I caught them all except the last one, so I'll listen to that one next.
I guess I have an autoimmune issue with TSI antibodies, Grave's disease.
At least that's what the blood test says.
You’re welcome Steve, hopefully you can bring the antibodies down.

OP
J

JFwellness

Yeah absolutely, I don’t think there’s any part of the body that can’t regenerate in the right conditions. Many tissues that were once believed to be irreplaceable or unable to regenerate have been shown to be able to.

T3 is known as a re-myelinating agent in MS: Taurine And T3 As Treatment For Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Daniil

I wonder, then, what is the role of various infections in autoimmune diseases? For example, streptococcal infections are associated with ADHD, presumably through autoimmunity.

OP
J

JFwellness

I wonder, then, what is the role of various infections in autoimmune diseases? For example, streptococcal infections are associated with ADHD, presumably through autoimmunity.
We discussed the role of infections in the first episode of the series (episode 42), where the infections often seen in the autoimmune conditions are basically means through which damage is created and energy production is disrupted, contributing to the autoimmune state