Reversed Warfarin Induced Arterial Calcification By Vitamin K Supplement And K1 As Effective As K2

paymanz

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17138823/

Arterial calcification (AC) is generally regarded as an independent risk factor for cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Matrix Gla protein (MGP) is a potent inhibitor of AC, and its activity depends on vitamin K (VK). In rats, inactivation of MGP by treatment with the vitamin K antagonist warfarin leads to rapid calcification of the arteries. Here, we investigated whether preformed AC can be regressed by a VK-rich diet. Rats received a calcification-inducing diet containing both VK and warfarin (W&K). During a second 6-week period, animals were randomly assigned to receive either W&K (3.0 mg/g and 1.5 mg/g, subsequently), a diet containing a normal (5 microg/g) or high (100 microg/g) amount of VK (either K1 or K2). Increased aortic calcium concentration was observed in the group that continued to receive W&K and also in the group changed to the normal dose of VK and AC progressed. Both the VK-rich diets decreased the arterial calcium content by some 50%. In addition, arterial distensibility was restored by the VK-rich diet. Using MGP antibodies, local VK deficiency was demonstrated at sites of calcification. This is the first study in rats demonstrating that AC and the resulting decreased arterial distensibility are reversible by high-VK intake.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So high vitamin K2 supplementing good?

Dean

I thought there were risks to even taking 1 mg of k1/day? Seems like if a rat can handle that very amount then why can't I? Don't tell any rats I said that.

OP
P

paymanz

just one important thing to keep in mind is that k1 from foods are much less bioavailable than k1 in supplement form.

pboy

i have a remarkably low vitamin K intake and never crave any vegetables or anything. I think if you take away salicylates, either aspirin or from oranges or other foods, your vitamin K requirement is near nill. Ive tested it and have maintained a diet with virtually no vitamin K for months now. Theres a huge obsession over vitamin K in the health scene in general and I think its pretty much nearly a nonf actor on a peat diet because parathyroid isn't stimulated that much....if you have main prtein source milk and cheese. I cant say for sure what is needed if you are eating salicylates, but it seems like a silly thing to eat something offensive then supplement to cover it. Why not just remove the culprit

YuraCZ

Charlie said:
So high vitamin K2 supplementing good?
I want to start taking vit K supplement but I'm not sure which type? MK7 from natto or throne high doses of MK4 or some mix with K1,K2 MK4-MK7? Throne vit k2 drops they look really potent. But how can I know if those such a high doses of synthetic MK4 don't cause some deficiency in another vitamins, minerals.. :confused

YuraCZ

pboy said:
i have a remarkably low vitamin K intake and never crave any vegetables or anything. I think if you take away salicylates, either aspirin or from oranges or other foods, your vitamin K requirement is near nill. Ive tested it and have maintained a diet with virtually no vitamin K for months now. Theres a huge obsession over vitamin K in the health scene in general and I think its pretty much nearly a nonf actor on a peat diet because parathyroid isn't stimulated that much....if you have main prtein source milk and cheese. I cant say for sure what is needed if you are eating salicylates, but it seems like a silly thing to eat something offensive then supplement to cover it. Why not just remove the culprit
Well if you dont have problems with high calcium in the blood. If you don't have tartar on the teeth or hardening of the arteries.. I have problems with tartar on the teeth and I can touch and feel my aorta under my navel. So I think that some vit K will be helpful. :eh:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals