Reverse Transcription of SARS-CoV-2 and vaccine RNA into the human genome.

schultz

I found this most intriguing paper (it's a pre-print) claiming it's possible that SARS-CoV-2 could be reverse transcribed and incorporated in the human genome. The author suggests this may be one reason why a person who was previously sick months ago still tests positive on a PCR test (because they still have retro elements floating around). They also think LINE-1 expression can be induced by cytokines, which I thought was very interesting!

In the article it also says, "Endogenous reverse transcriptase (RT) activity has been observed in human cells, and the products of reverse transcription have been shown to become integrated into the genome." If you've been following Ray's work you realize that this has been a theme Ray has addressed multiple times in the past, including multiple mentions of Barbara McClintock.

The obvious question it leads to is: "Can we incorporate the RNA from the vaccines into our DNA?" There seems to be evidence that that can actually happen.

The paper explains it better than I can though....

Full Text - SARS-CoV-2 RNA reverse-transcribed and integrated into the human genome

"Prolonged SARS-CoV-2 RNA shedding and recurrence of PCR-positive tests have been widely reported in patients after recovery, yet these patients most commonly are non-infectious. Here we investigated the possibility that SARS-CoV-2 RNAs can be reverse-transcribed and integrated into the human genome and that transcription of the integrated sequences might account for PCR-positive tests. In support of this hypothesis, we found chimeric transcripts consisting of viral fused to cellular sequences in published data sets of SARS-CoV-2 infected cultured cells and primary cells of patients, consistent with the transcription of viral sequences integrated into the genome. To experimentally corroborate the possibility of viral retro-integration, we describe evidence that SARS-CoV-2 RNAs can be reverse transcribed in human cells by reverse transcriptase (RT) from LINE-1 elements or by HIV-1 RT, and that these DNA sequences can be integrated into the cell genome and subsequently be transcribed. Human endogenous LINE-1 expression was induced upon SARS-CoV-2 infection or by cytokine exposure in cultured cells, suggesting a molecular mechanism for SARS-CoV-2 retro-integration in patients. This novel feature of SARS-CoV-2 infection may explain why patients can continue to produce viral RNA after recovery and suggests a new aspect of RNA virus replication."

OP
schultz

schultz

Thanks for the link. He mentioned the study in his article. It's nice to know that he appears to have come to some of the same conclusions as myself, which might mean I'm not totally inept.

I also found another study showing that the spike protein from SARS-CoV-2 can bind with lipopolysaccharide and together they become much more inflammatory than when separate. It was an insanely interesting study so I think I'll post it later when I don't have 3 kids jumping on me.

Tim Lundeen

Thanks for the link. He mentioned the study in his article. It's nice to know that he appears to have come to some of the same conclusions as myself, which might mean I'm not totally inept.

I also found another study showing that the spike protein from SARS-CoV-2 can bind with lipopolysaccharide and together they become much more inflammatory than when separate. It was an insanely interesting study so I think I'll post it later when I don't have 3 kids jumping on me.
Great find! This one? SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein binds to bacterial lipopolysaccharide and boosts proinflammatory activity - PubMed

Wow, that explains a lot! And looks like the vaccine might be triggering the same response in unhealthy people...

Drareg

It’s possible this is a trial run to see what else they can reverse transcribe into the genome, the Genetic determinists could be pushing a forced selection scenario down the line, essentially transcribing a weakness into the genome and a few years later creating the environment socially for this weakness to be exposed.

Not sure what term they use, forced, unnatural, active selection?

OP
schultz

schultz

Great find! This one? SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein binds to bacterial lipopolysaccharide and boosts proinflammatory activity - PubMed

Wow, that explains a lot! And looks like the vaccine might be triggering the same response in unhealthy people...

Yep that's the one!

The discussion section I thought was quite a good read. It has lots of references. The idea they mention below about viruses "sensitizing" a person to endotoxin is important.

"However, it is worth noting that recent observations from porcine animal models indeed demonstrated that infection with porcine respiratory coronavirus, a highly prevalent virus in swine populations significantly sensitizes the lungs to LPS (Van Gucht et al., 2006). Notably, the effects of separate virus or LPS inoculation were subclinical and failed to induce sustained cytokine levels, whereas the combination of the two agents significantly triggered severe respiratory disease and enhanced particularly TNF-α levels (Van Reeth et al., 2000)"

I read a study a while back that used tracers in the gut and when the animal got influenza (I think I'm remembering correctly) the bacteria was found in the lung that had previously been in the GI tract. I can't find the study but I am looking. In studies they call it the gut-lung axis, so there is a known connection. I'm guessing that endotoxin in the lung is either necessary or at least an extreme amplifier of inflammation, possibly triggering increased NO and serotonin, plus cytokines. Basically a cascade. That little quote above suggests a virus or endotoxin by themselves do not cause much damage alone. The damage is done when they are combined.

I actually found this paper while looking for that other paper...

"One of the serious clinical manifestations of Covid-19 is pneumonia and progression to ARDS, in which gut microbiota plays an important role (Dickson, 2018), especially in elderly, immune-compromised patients (Lake, 2020)."

"The average age of those suffering from severe Covid-19 complications is quite high, and it’s known that the gut microbiota of the elderly is “fragile”, with an impoverished biodiversity. Furthermore, vitamin D deficiency is almost always observed in the elderly (Agostini et al., 2018) and recently a correlation between COVID-19 progression and vitamin D, as well as a relation between this vitamin and gut microbiota homeostasis, have been observed (Sun, 2018; Rhodes and Subramanian, 2020)."

We know that intestinal permeability is severely compromised in ICU patients...

It’s possible this is a trial run to see what else they can reverse transcribe into the genome, the Genetic determinists could be pushing a forced selection scenario down the line, essentially transcribing a weakness into the genome and a few years later creating the environment socially for this weakness to be exposed.

Not sure what term they use, forced, unnatural, active selection?

That is quite the idea. I didn't think of something so sinister, but I suppose it's not outside the realm of possibilities! I'm sure you could create a weakness in a population that can later be exploited.

Sefton10