Return To The Brain Of Eden: Restoring The Connection Between Neurochemistry And Consciousness

Samya

I was wondering if any of you have read this book? It's a fascinating theory that fuses nutrition, psychedelics and the evolution of the human brain.

It has some overlaps with Ray Peat's ideas but won't go into many details to avoid spoilers, I thought I'd mention it here as it seems it could be relevant for some of us.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Goat-e

I think these two wrote another book years ago called Left In The Dark - I remember reading it and finding it fascinating and a bit over my head. I seem to recall one of the authors used sleep-deprivation until he hallucinated which I'm not convinced is a great idea.... Interesting t0 see what their theory has evolved into now.

OP
Samya

Samya

Yeah, I don't think sleep deprivation is a great idea either. I think that Return to the Brain of Eden is a slightly modifed/reissue so not sure how much new material there is compared to the original.

Mauritio

By any chance do they try to increase a connection between both hemispheres of our brain? Because that's what geniuses are made of , its said that albert einstein was very good at that.
Also, psychedelics have a lot of anecdotal evidence for rewiring the brain, so that ties in very well . Maybe psychedelics do have an effect on brain hemisphere synchronization or the corpus callosum .

OP
Samya

Samya

By any chance do they try to increase a connection between both hemispheres of our brain? Because that's what geniuses are made of , its said that albert einstein was very good at that.
Also, psychedelics have a lot of anecdotal evidence for rewiring the brain, so that ties in very well . Maybe psychedelics do have an effect on brain hemisphere synchronization or the corpus callosum .

Yes the influence on brain hemispheres is central to Tony Wright's hypothesis.

I recently came across the website below which is a great resource for these ideas. What struck me as particularly Peatesque is the idea that the flavonoids in fruit may work to supress sex hormones, thereby prolonging youthfulness. I'd love to hear Ray's opinion on this theory, if you're listening Georgi and Danny. :)

Last edited: