Return to Moon delayed until 2025

OP
Jon2547

Jon2547

Well, they need to again figure out how to pass humans through Van Allen's radiation belt. NASA apparently lost the info on how they did it in the 60s.

More info on the subject, from NASA;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz5tSegU16E

Whatever you are saying and what is said in the two minute and forty eight second YouTube clip? What is the connection you are trying to make?

TeslaFan

Whatever you are saying and what is said in the two minute and forty eight second YouTube clip? What is the connection you are trying to make?

Not following. Both what I am talking about and what the video is talking about is dealing with the challenges of radiation exposure.

Summer

We just need some of that amazing space-age gold foil technology of course. Maybe they can get JJ Abrams to direct the next expedition. Not sure if can live up to Kubrick though.

OP
Jon2547

Jon2547

Not following. Both what I am talking about and what the video is talking about is dealing with the challenges of radiation exposure.
Let us look at what you said, I believe in being precise and specific:

"they need to again

figure out how to pass humans through Van Allen's radiation belt.

NASA apparently lost the info on how they did it in the 60s"

Three profound and unsubstantiated claims all just tossed out there hoping no one would bother to look into it? I looked at the YouTube clip. It does not say that.

K

Kayaker

"they need to again

Three profound and unsubstantiated claims all just tossed out there hoping no one would bother to look into it? I looked at the YouTube clip. It does not say that.
How did we pass through the radiation belt then?

OP
Jon2547

Jon2547

I mean how did humans pass through it without radiation damage.
They did pass thru but not without suffering damage.

Any time one takes a trip into space or even a flight on an airplane, one suffers from the radiation damage.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
This is not the first official NASA clip on the Van Allen belt radiation issue. The first one I saw was several years ago by a woman engineer. She said that the problem was that so much weight would be required for shielding of the space capsule, needed to protect both humans and electronics, that it wouldn't be able to reach outer space.

So...that wasn't an issue in the 60's??? But since all of the NASA telemetry tapes were "lost" and the detailed designs, we'll just never know how they did it.

OP
Jon2547

Jon2547

This is not the first official NASA clip on the Van Allen belt radiation issue. The first one I saw was several years ago by a woman engineer. She said that the problem was that so much weight would be required for shielding of the space capsule, needed to protect both humans and electronics, that it wouldn't be able to reach outer space.

So...that wasn't an issue in the 60's??? But since all of the NASA telemetry tapes were "lost" and the detailed designs, we'll just never know how they did it.
Why is it so important to some of you to believe the moon landings were hoaxed? Of all the things to stand your ground, why this? This?

As far as the Van Allen belt, have any of you bothered to look into that a little deeper? The objection is not as solid as you might wish.

With the right amount of shielding and the right trajectory, the spacecrafts endured much lower amounts of radiation. Furthermore, data from some research in 2012 showed that the radiation levels on the inner belt to be "much weaker than what they’d assumed it to be". READ HERE

The whole endeavor to go into space is silly. I will admit that. Man has no business leaving earth. It is vain, it is foolish. But it has happened and continues to happen.

TeslaFan

"they need to again

What are you talking about? A spacecraft has to go through Van Allen's belt on the way to the Moon, and back. Both in the 60s, and also on any new mission.
If that was no longer a challenge, NASA would not spend so much time designing Orion spacecraft specifically to handle getting outside low earth orbit. Otherwise, they would just repeat the same procedure from the Apollo missions.

More details on Orion, from NASA:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjglwMPvzVo

What exactly is "profound" and "unsubstantiated" to you?

Nfinkelstein

We just need some of that amazing space-age gold foil technology of course. Maybe they can get JJ Abrams to direct the next expedition. Not sure if can live up to Kubrick though.
My vote is for Christopher Nolan to direct "Moonlanding 2025: The Return - LOL"

OP
Jon2547

Jon2547

What are you talking about? A spacecraft has to go through Van Allen's belt on the way to the Moon, and back. Both in the 60s, and also on any new mission.
If that was no longer a challenge, NASA would not spend so much time designing Orion spacecraft specifically to handle getting outside low earth orbit. Otherwise, they would just repeat the same procedure from the Apollo missions.

More details on Orion, from NASA:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjglwMPvzVo

What exactly is "profound" and "unsubstantiated" to you?

If you're pleading for the notion that the moon landings were faked, you're not doing a good job at all. Your statements are a concession. So what precisely are you trying to prove?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals