Retinyl Acetate Causing Severe Bone Pain?

baccheion

These seem like very low doses- I assume you take them orally? Can you share brand names for reference?

Thanks!
The former is a ratio, so for example, taking 5,000 IU vitamin D3 suggests adding 20,000 IU palmitate and 1,000 mcg MK-4. It could also be a 5:2 ratio, suggesting 12,500 IU palmitate.

Idealabs has a product that includes vitamin A. I get it from a multivitamin. AOR Ortho-Core, Life Extension Mix + Once-Daily Health Booster, Thorne 2/day, and Life Extension Two-per-day are good options.

Last edited:

Kray

Thanks for the ideas on supplements. Btw- the Idealabs product contains RETINYL ACETATE. Isn't this the form quoted by @Ella that @Blossom shared, and which is of concern as a synthetic form?

baccheion

Thanks for the ideas on supplements. Btw- the Idealabs product contains RETINYL ACETATE. Isn't this the form quoted by @Ella that @Blossom shared, and which is of concern as a synthetic form?
EstroBan has 5,000 IU palmitate, though I suppose it also includes the other fat-soluble vitamins.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes. Remember these are opinions but I consider Ella's a well informed and unbiased one as she spent years doing scientific research with vitamin A.
Before I chose to stop supplementing Vitamin A I used Health Natura's retinyl palimate.

Kray

EstroBan has 5,000 IU palmitate, though I suppose it includes the other fat-soluble vitamins.
Oh yes, of course! I had forgotten that product has the retinol
Yes. Remember these are opinions but I consider Ella's a well informed and unbiased one as she spent years doing scientific research with vitamin A.
Before I chose to stop supplementing Vitamin A I used Health Natura's retinyl palimate.

Thanks Blossom! Can I ask, your choosing to stop supplementing A-- what foods do you regularly incorporate that would cover any supplemental need? And as far as the A/D balance goes, do you supplement D? That one seems harder to do without, unless you can regularly get sunshine. Thanks for your reply.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Oh yes, of course! I had forgotten that product has the retinol

Thanks Blossom! Can I ask, your choosing to stop supplementing A-- what foods do you regularly incorporate that would cover any supplemental need? And as far as the A/D balance goes, do you supplement D? That one seems harder to do without, unless you can regularly get sunshine. Thanks for your reply.
I was experiencing a return of some old autoimmune symptoms and upon some reflection I realized that in many ways I felt better during the year that I didn't supplement A or eat liver despite starting smoking again, working 12 hour night shifts, moving and living through the worst family crisis of my life.
Once things settled down and I started supplementing again I started feeling worse. For me it's an experiment but I prefer that over the medical route. I do feel better so far. I'm using Kalona super natural full fat dairy products at the moment because they aren't fortified. I take 10k of Health Natura's D and about 3mg of their K. Both oral daily.
I have no problem with the A that occurs naturally in foods so I'm sticking with that for now and aiming for labs soon.

Kray

I was experiencing a return of some old autoimmune symptoms and upon some reflection I realized that in many ways I felt better during the year that I didn't supplement A or eat liver despite starting smoking again, working 12 hour night shifts, moving and living through the worst family crisis of my life.
Once things settled down and I started supplementing again I started feeling worse. For me it's an experiment but I prefer that over the medical route. I do feel better so far. I'm using Kalona super natural full fat dairy products at the moment because they aren't fortified. I take 10k of Health Natura's D and about 3mg of their K. Both oral daily.
I have no problem with the A that occurs naturally in foods so I'm sticking with that for now and aiming for labs soon.

This is super helpful, thank you. Intuitively, I agree on the food vs. vitamin issue. We usually don't hold back the fat in dairy if the source is as natural and high-quality as Kalona, or such others. I think this is a good place to start and will hold off on A for now, balance with enough (suppl) D/K and see how it goes.

Sounds like you're doing great, and hope what you're doing will be enough without need for further changes!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This is super helpful, thank you. Intuitively, I agree on the food vs. vitamin issue. We usually don't hold back the fat in dairy if the source is as natural and high-quality as Kalona, or such others. I think this is a good place to start and will hold off on A for now, balance with enough (suppl) D/K and see how it goes.

Sounds like you're doing great, and hope what you're doing will be enough without need for further changes!
Thanks, I'm not opposed to supplementing altogether but I think it's highly individual and we have to sometimes reassess our own situation from time to time. I just think I overdid it with A and the retin A cream I used on my skin probably didn't help any.
I wish you the best.

Kray

Thanks, I'm not opposed to supplementing altogether but I think it's highly individual and we have to sometimes reassess our own situation from time to time. I just think I overdid it with A and the retin A cream I used on my skin probably didn't help any.
I wish you the best.

Understood, know your own body's needs! Sometimes I am too impatient for that, and yours was a good reminder that oftentimes, "less is more".

Thanks for the posting and information, and take care.

OP
cellboy

cellboy

Synthetic A will act much like Accutane. Joint pain is one of the common side effects. Franko will likely reach climax over this thread.
As suggested, Vit D and exra calcium are in order.

Oh yeah K2 and Mg too. All should be ballanced.
Thank you man. Do u know which food contains good amounts of magnesium?

OP
cellboy

cellboy

Vitamin D is recommended when taking vitamin A; therefore, vitamin K2 and magnesium as well (10 IU D3 : 40 IU palmitate : 2 mcg+ MK-4; 10 IU D3 : 20 IU acetate : 2 mcg+ MK-4).

Bone pain can be due to aromatase inhibition, low vitamin D, low magnesium, and/or low vitamin K. Vitamin A increases osteoclast activity (bone resorption) and is balanced by vitamin D + K's effect on osteoblasts/osteocalcin.
I‘ve taken K2(the mk4 variant) in the past but didn‘t notice a thing. What should i look for when taking k? Thank you

Tarmander

You try those fat solubles on your leg instead? Way better than orally from my experience. No stomach issues.

baccheion

I‘ve taken K2(the mk4 variant) in the past but didn‘t notice a thing. What should i look for when taking k? Thank you
What do you mean "look for?" It's taken mainly to support the stack. On the other hand, it has effects like a cleaner mouth, whiter teeth, better skin, etc.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You try those fat solubles on your leg instead? Way better than orally from my experience. No stomach issues.
Thanks, yes I have used it both topical and oral. Currently I'm doing well with what naturally occurs in foods but if I decide to supplement again I will specifically try using it on my legs. I appreciate your suggestion.

OP
cellboy

cellboy

What do you mean "look for?" It's taken mainly to support the stack. On the other hand, it has effects like a cleaner mouth, whiter teeth, better skin, etc.
i meant what positive effects should i look out for when taking it but you already provided me with that info. thank you

Jewbermensch

Figured I would check back into this thread. So far I've tried both forms of retinil, as well as Solgar dry vitamin A. None of them have been as effective for me as eating 6 chicken livers for dinner twice per week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals