Retinil - Liquid Vitamin A

haidut

Forum Supporter
As discussed on several threads on the forum, I have finally managed to procure enough high-purity vitamin A and can now release a supplement that mimics closely the product from Nutrisorb. There are two options - one using retinyl acatete and providing a dose of 2,400 IU per drop, and one using retinyl palmitate and providing 5,000 IU per drop (courtesy to @Amazoniac lobbying). The palmitate version is also oil-based - i.e. the vitamin is dissolved in MCT and not ethanol/water.
A very promising recent study (see first one in the references below) found that a single dose of vitamin A can be a viable treatment of autism! The positive effects were due to reductions of serotonin synthesis by vitamin A through inhibition of TPH. I cannot possibly overstate the importance of this finding given the low toxicity and low price of vitamin A, and its wide availability. Also, there aren't that many cheap and easily available chemicals that inhibit TPH, especially when taken as a single dose.
Here are the details, and you can order from the links shown in my profile signature.

Note
: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

Retinil is a liquid supplement containing high-purity vitamin A. The vitamin A form used in Retinil has been extensively studied in humans and animal models. According to Wikipedia retinyl acetate "...has potential antineoplastic and chemopreventive activities". The product can be used on its own or in combination with other supplements.

Servings per container: about 360
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Retinyl: acetate - 2,400 IU | palmitate - 5,000 IU

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:
Vitamin A May Be A Viable Therapy For Autism (human Study)
Retinyl acetate - Wikipedia
NCI Drug Dictionary
Retinyl acetate inhibits mammary carcinogenesis induced by N-methyl-N-nitrosourea. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Dan W

I'm happy to see this out, thanks for all your work on great supplements.

Is it in an oil?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dan Wich said:
I'm happy to see this out, thanks for all your work on great supplements.

Is it in an oil?

Nope, it's in 20% ethanol solution. Better absorption and longer lasting. Also it does not make you skin greasy:):

Dan W

I'm not finding much comparing retinyl acetate to palmitate, did something nudge you in the direction of acetate?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dan Wich said:
I'm not finding much comparing retinyl acetate to palmitate, did something nudge you in the direction of acetate?

Well, it has higher bioequivalence to retinol. Most sources say that 1 IU of retinol is equal to 0.8 IU of retinyl acetate and 0.5 IU of retinyl palmitate. Also, most of the studies with prevention of cancer and lowering estrogen and cortisol were done with acetate. See the links in the references.

jaguar43

haidut said:
As discussed on several threads on the forum, I have finally managed to procure enough high-purity vitamin A and can now release a supplement that mimics closely the product from Nutrisorb. Here are the details, and you can order from the links shown in my profile signature.

Retinil is a liquid supplement containing high-purity vitamin A. The vitamin A form used in Retinil has been extensively studied in humans and animal models. According to Wikipedia retinyl acetate "...has potential antineoplastic and chemopreventive activities". The product can be used on its own or in combination with other supplements. This product, while consisting entirely of food-grade ingredients, is sanctioned for external use only.

Servings per container: about 340

Retinyl acetate - 2,400 IU
Other ingredients: ethanol (20%), distilled water

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retinyl_acetate
http://www.cancer.gov/drugdictionary?cdrid=40313
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/876383

Can you consume it orally or only by the skin ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jag2594 said:
haidut said:
As discussed on several threads on the forum, I have finally managed to procure enough high-purity vitamin A and can now release a supplement that mimics closely the product from Nutrisorb. Here are the details, and you can order from the links shown in my profile signature.

Retinil is a liquid supplement containing high-purity vitamin A. The vitamin A form used in Retinil has been extensively studied in humans and animal models. According to Wikipedia retinyl acetate "...has potential antineoplastic and chemopreventive activities". The product can be used on its own or in combination with other supplements. This product, while consisting entirely of food-grade ingredients, is sanctioned for external use only.

References:

Sure, you can consume it orally if you want but I can only officially recommend it topically.

jaguar43

haidut said:
jag2594 said:
haidut said:

References:

Sure, you can consume it orally if you want but I can only officially recommend it topically.

Thanks, appreciate the work.

moss

haidut said:

References:

Haidut, I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to come up with Retinil. I look forward to having a decent liquid A supplement again.
Well done and many thanks.
Moss

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
moss said:
haidut said:

References:

Haidut, I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to come up with Retinil. I look forward to having a decent liquid A supplement again.
Well done and many thanks.
Moss

You are welcome!

ilovethesea

What's the shelf life of Retinil? (and all the other Haidut supplements?)
Do you need to keep in the fridge?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ilovethesea said:
What's the shelf life of Retinil? (and all the other Haidut supplements?)
Do you need to keep in the fridge?

The ones dissolved in ethanol probably can last years, but I'd say 12 months just to err on side of caution. The ones in oil can probably last up to 6 months in the fridge.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello everybody,

We will be on vacation for the next two weeks so won't be able to attend to orders placed between now and July 10. We will attend to those orders on July 11. Rather than shutting the store down like last year we decided to keep it open since the vendor we use for the online store has informed us that closing the store is only allowed if the company is shutting down. As such, we have to keep it open, but please keep in mind the 2 week delay for all orders placed between June 25 and July 10.
Thank for your understanding and we look forward to resuming work in 2 weeks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am back from vacation so the store is in full operation now.

Sheila

Good evening (well it is here!),
I am interested in using elevated levels of Retinol (via Retinil) to help with eyesight and leukaemia. It is my contention that it should help with both conditions directly due to its effect on metabolism. Do tell me if I am wrong. Given an appropriate diet behind this, and not just the use of Retinol alone as powerful as it may be (it's not a magic wand), has anyone experienced improved eyesight using Vit A supplementation and if so, what sort of doses did you do and for how long please? I am just interested in a guide, not gospel, always my responsibility.

From my experience 2500 - 5000 iu daily do not seem to have the effect hoped for. I can not find much in terms of studies for these conditions and Vitamin A (Retinol), but Retinoids have a clear chemotherapy effect in leukaemia. I however am interested in using metabolism to cause white blood cell maturity,and thereby reduce errant reproduction, not killing immature lymphocytes with patentable poisons. There is plenty of 'information' that too much Vit A and your head falls off, for starters - well you know what I mean - as if we all eat polar bear liver every day....

FWIW, my observations to date are that taurine improves eyesight (500mg - 1500mg), not entirely sure of the mechanism, but since thiamine also appears useful in this regard, maybe the sulphur content is important. In which case, I would, once again finger liver metabolism being crucial for eyesight. As I write this, it's a duh really, sorry when one thinks about all the interconnections. I just find somethings have more obvious effect than others, taurine and eyes seem to be one of those.
But really here, I am interested in people's experiences with Vitamin A supplementation. Very grateful for any comments, experiences or guidance, many thanks
Sheila.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sheila said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97808/ Good evening (well it is here!),
I am interested in using elevated levels of Retinol (via Retinil) to help with eyesight and leukaemia. It is my contention that it should help with both conditions directly due to its effect on metabolism. Do tell me if I am wrong. Given an appropriate diet behind this, and not just the use of Retinol alone as powerful as it may be (it's not a magic wand), has anyone experienced improved eyesight using Vit A supplementation and if so, what sort of doses did you do and for how long please? I am just interested in a guide, not gospel, always my responsibility.

From my experience 2500 - 5000 iu daily do not seem to have the effect hoped for. I can not find much in terms of studies for these conditions and Vitamin A (Retinol), but Retinoids have a clear chemotherapy effect in leukaemia. I however am interested in using metabolism to cause white blood cell maturity,and thereby reduce errant reproduction, not killing immature lymphocytes with patentable poisons. There is plenty of 'information' that too much Vit A and your head falls off, for starters - well you know what I mean - as if we all eat polar bear liver every day....

FWIW, my observations to date are that taurine improves eyesight (500mg - 1500mg), not entirely sure of the mechanism, but since thiamine also appears useful in this regard, maybe the sulphur content is important. In which case, I would, once again finger liver metabolism being crucial for eyesight. As I write this, it's a duh really, sorry when one thinks about all the interconnections. I just find somethings have more obvious effect than others, taurine and eyes seem to be one of those.
But really here, I am interested in people's experiences with Vitamin A supplementation. Very grateful for any comments, experiences or guidance, many thanks
Sheila.

No, you definitely have not lost your mind. There is this thread to give you some ideas:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=7352
So, 20mg MK-4 and 100,000 IU retinol daily should induce "remission" in a few weeks. Tetracycline / doxycycline does the same and keeps the "remission" indefinite.
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/02 ... kemia.html
"...Claudia Huettner can switch off deadly leukemia in mice simply by putting an antibiotic in their drinking water. Her system even causes regression of advanced stages of the cancer. When the antibiotic-spiked water is withdrawn, the cancer returns."
Note that the article says Claudia cannot do the same in humans. Do you know why? Not because it does not work but because she is not allowed to try.
"...New tyrosine kinease inhibitors are now being tested on humans, but it remains to be proved that they can do the job alone. More effective treatments will probably involve combinations of the inhibitors with chemotherapy drugs, radiation, and bone marrow transplants. Such combinations must be tested on mice before being tried with humans."
Human equivalent dose is about 200mg tetracycline or doxycycline in humans. Here is another thread on that.
viewtopic.php?t=5762

Keep in mind that the last study on antibiotics above showed doxycyline to be effective against ALL cancer types tested (at least 20 different types including pancreatic cancer and leukemia).

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

Sheila

Dear Haidut
As always, I am grateful for your help, dosage is so key and I could not find anything useful.
I am sorry that, yet again, I missed your earlier report. I thought I had looked at everything in the Peatyverse on leukaemia, just not last month.Duh.
FWIW iron storage and inflammation (often roseacea) seem involved here, that is my observation of 4 separate cases, just as RP suggests.
I will keep you posted on the results of my trials, of course I will be doing this myself first.
Once again, many thanks, your research is helping many more people than you will ever know (and keeping me 'relatively' sane too).
Sheila