Retinil - Liquid Vitamin A Dietary Supplement

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, May 8, 2015.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Multiply by about 9/5, so this means about 19,000 IU palmitate. The acetate has higher retinol equivalency than palmitate so it means lower amount is needed. In other words, you need 19,000 IU of the palmitate to match the effects of 10,000 IU acetate.

2. PhilParma

PhilParma Member

How dumb would it be to use this as an eye drop? For chronic dry eyes.

The palmitate version I mean. I'm not going to drop ethanol into my precious eye holes.

3. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

- Correlation of vitamin D levels with tear film stability and secretion in patients with dry eye syndrome. - PubMed - NCBI
    - Dry eye in vitamin D deficiency: more than an incidental association. - PubMed - NCBI
    - Vitamin D Supplementation for Patients with Dry Eye Syndrome Refractory to Conventional Treatment
    Didn't read any of them, was aware due to a few mentions about the association. It probably goes back to balancing these vitamins.

4. tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom Member

@haidut So I tried increasing my retinil dosage for the first time the last few months and eventually got really REALLY dry skin. I tooking it topically on my face, and that was where my skin was dry.

Orange palms seems to be the only indicator mention for too much A, and my palms are not orange, so I assume it's the ethanol in the retinil?

I have dandruff and acne issues both before and after increasing the A, so I'm not clear on if I need more, or less, or just a different type of A.

5. Oniyogini

Oniyogini Member

@haidut we got the dmso version, my hubby has solar keratosis so we wanted to try retinil. He has one spot on the shoulder and because it constantly gets irritated by the seat belt, it bleeds on and off. He has used Tocovit, Progest E , Simply Progesterone, CO but none has completely healed it. The Retinil stings a bit on topical application on me and actually makes this spot on his shoulder bleed immediatey. Should we try the oil version? will it stain through to his work shirts?
    Thank you.

6. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

you might also give 2% iodine topically a try...repeat till spot disappears

7. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Maybe niacinamide with a bit of aspirin and honey. Gelatin can be used to coat the region as well.

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Vitamin A is known to cause dry skin in high doses. Google for "retinol dry skin".

9. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

We do not have a DMSO version of retinil. We have an ethanol version which uses SFA esters + ethanol as solvent. You can try the palmitate version if the ethanol one is irritating.