Retinil - Liquid Vitamin A

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have been taking Retinil topically, a few drops rubbed over my face as a "serum". I don't know if it's my imagination, but my complexion looks better. No breakouts at all and decreased oil production. But not dry either - I don't need any moisturizer.

This might also be do to progesterone/pregnenolone I am taking also from Idea Labs... but those I'm putting on my body not my face.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

Cheesecake

If I judge by my blood tests, at least 80% from topical administration.
Looking forward to trying your Retinil too thanks @haidut. On that point about absorption, a little off topic but wondering your thoughts on "skin care" products and makeup ... How cautious should people be about using conventional moisturisers, foundation on the face and things like fake tan (used all over the body)? I myself don't use much more than coconut oil, your products and a little makeup ... If absorption through the skin can be 80% or so, should people be really cautious of rubBing just anything into tgeir skin (particularly body)? Is this majorly concerning or only a minor worry? Or just to caution particular ingredients? Love your thoughts

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Looking forward to trying your Retinil too thanks @haidut. On that point about absorption, a little off topic but wondering your thoughts on "skin care" products and makeup ... How cautious should people be about using conventional moisturisers, foundation on the face and things like fake tan (used all over the body)? I myself don't use much more than coconut oil, your products and a little makeup ... If absorption through the skin can be 80% or so, should people be really cautious of rubBing just anything into tgeir skin (particularly body)? Is this majorly concerning or only a minor worry? Or just to caution particular ingredients? Love your thoughts

I don't think Retinil is a worry in the recommended doses. The commercial products are packed with ingredients that are not listed on the label and many of them are toxic. That would be a much bigger concern to me than rubbing a little extra Retinil, even though like anything else I would be careful with Retinil as well if I see that it causes effects on the skin that I do not like. There are some reliable tests for vitamin A that could help determine how much (if any) is safe for person to take.

Cheesecake

I don't think Retinil is a worry in the recommended doses. The commercial products are packed with ingredients that are not listed on the label and many of them are toxic. That would be a much bigger concern to me than rubbing a little extra Retinil, even though like anything else I would be careful with Retinil as well if I see that it causes effects on the skin that I do not like. There are some reliable tests for vitamin A that could help determine how much (if any) is safe for person to take.
I wasn't meaning should we caution Retinil, just all the other conventional cosmetic products. But now you mention it, what do you rate as being a reliable test for Vit A?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wasn't meaning should we caution Retinil, just all the other conventional cosmetic products. But now you mention it, what do you rate as being a reliable test for Vit A?

If the calluses on your palms start turning orange then you probably have too much vitamin A.

EDCMC

I saw the recommendation for Vit E, but does anyone have a recommended dose of vitamin D to take with retinol

Ulla

@EDCMC
I found this, maybe it is helpful :)

No, I meant 5:1 ratio. If you are taking 1,000 IU vitamin D that means 5,000 IU vitamin A. But if you are taking 5,000 IU vitamin D that means 25,000 IU vitamin A. As is commonly the case in biology, it is the ratio that matters rather than any specific amount.

EDCMC

Haidut,

I have used three drops of Retinil for the last couple of weeks. I have seen an improvement in my psoriasis. However, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with dry lips.

My lips are cracked all around my mouth. I have been using one drop on the forehead and one on each arm (elbows).

I know that Retinil creams can cause dry lips and was curious if anyone else has had this experience.

I don't want to stop taking the Vit A. Many people claim Vit D is the best for dry skin issues like psoriasis. Although sunshine always makes it better, I think a good mix of Vit A and Vit D are important.

thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut,

I have used three drops of Retinil for the last couple of weeks. I have seen an improvement in my psoriasis. However, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with dry lips.

My lips are cracked all around my mouth. I have been using one drop on the forehead and one on each arm (elbows).

I know that Retinil creams can cause dry lips and was curious if anyone else has had this experience.

I don't want to stop taking the Vit A. Many people claim Vit D is the best for dry skin issues like psoriasis. Although sunshine always makes it better, I think a good mix of Vit A and Vit D are important.

thanks.

I will wait on somebody else to chime in, as this is not a commonly reported side effect. But I concur on the balance of A with the other fat-soluble vitamins. Maybe EstroBan would have been a better supplement for you?? I have heard positive reports on psoriasis support by using EstroBan in 2 daily doses topically.

Kray

Haidut,

Any concerns about sun sensitivity and Retinil supplement? Haven't seen any precautions or reports on the forum about any problems. Most beauty creams state to apply vitamin A products in evening to avoid potential skin redness. Do you suggest doing the same if using Retinil topically, especially on face? In general, is it ok to use it often on the face, or best to rotate areas of the body? I've been alternating between wrists, inner thighs, and face, but usually add at least 1 drop/day to my face moisturizer. Also experimenting by applying it daily on a scar. Will let you know results, but how long might you suggest I give that?

Thanks,

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut,

Any concerns about sun sensitivity and Retinil supplement? Haven't seen any precautions or reports on the forum about any problems. Most beauty creams state to apply vitamin A products in evening to avoid potential skin redness. Do you suggest doing the same if using Retinil topically, especially on face? In general, is it ok to use it often on the face, or best to rotate areas of the body? I've been alternating between wrists, inner thighs, and face, but usually add at least 1 drop/day to my face moisturizer. Also experimenting by applying it daily on a scar. Will let you know results, but how long might you suggest I give that?

Thanks,

I have not received any reports on using Retinil and increasing sun sensitivity, but would be interested to hear what the rationale for that is. Unless you are getting the increased sun sensitivity I would keep using as it for now.

whodathunkit

I wouldn't use Retinil topically and then expose the area to a lot of sun. Brief exposure on the street is fine, but if you're digging ditches or going to the beach, cover the area up or use a good sunscreen. I plan to use Retinil at my hairline on the back of my neck because of that. I just got it and am in this thread reading up on it before first use, so I don't know about Retinil in particular. But I do know about using Retinol /Vitamin A products topically, and that's just a reasonable precaution.

Vinero

When taking Retinil orally, is it better to take it on an empty stomach or with (fatty) food?

Kray

I wouldn't use Retinil topically and then expose the area to a lot of sun. Brief exposure on the street is fine, but if you're digging ditches or going to the beach, cover the area up or use a good sunscreen. I plan to use Retinil at my hairline on the back of my neck because of that. I just got it and am in this thread reading up on it before first use, so I don't know about Retinil in particular. But I do know about using Retinol /Vitamin A products topically, and that's just a reasonable precaution.

Thanks, good suggestions on application sites. Most mfg recommendations, and I've seen quite a few vitamin A creams, etc. do caution sun exposure and therefore recommend using such products in evening/bedtime to allow time to absorb.

mirc12354

If the calluses on your palms start turning orange then you probably have too much vitamin A.
Hm... I always taught it is a sign of high beta carotene. Then it seems I am of a very strange breed - I have yellow callouses and a dandruff at the same time. I always taught it is a sign of too much beta carotene not converting into Vitamin A.

mirc12354

Well, it has higher bioequivalence to retinol. Most sources say that 1 IU of retinol is equal to 0.8 IU of retinyl acetate and 0.5 IU of retinyl palmitate. Also, most of the studies with prevention of cancer and lowering estrogen and cortisol were done with acetate. See the links in the references.

I posted studies showing vitamin A is dopaminergic and this should explain a good portion of its mental effects. Have not tried to compare palmitate and acetate version but they should be pretty similar. Acetate has higher RE activity than palmitate so you could get by on lower doses. A dose of 5,000 IU acetate is equivalent to 8,700 IU palmitate.

Is there a mistake in first statement or I just I don't get this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals