Results With Boiled Mushrooms

Velve921

I've been a big fan of Dr. Peats idea on consuming boiled mushrooms....I have not heard many other people's experiences with them thus far.

Does anyone wish to share their experiences? Symptoms? Results? Changes?

tara

All I can report is that my soups are much tastier with mushrooms included. :)

DaveFoster

Yeah, mushrooms are delicious. Fried in butter/coconut oil with onions are unbelievable.

L

lollipop

They are super delicious!! I sauté them on medium in butter and salt for a long time ~~30-45 min. They cook down and have a delicious super concentrated flavor. \(^o^)/

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Yes they are delicious!

For me, they raise my temp and pulse and cause relaxation; if I take time off from consuming them regularly and then continue again they can clean me out heavily! For example, I did not consume them much this summer but started eating them again last week and have been eliminating a lot, with watery stools.

Any similar experiences?

Drareg

Yes they are delicious!

For me, they raise my temp and pulse and cause relaxation; if I take time off from consuming them regularly and then continue again they can clean me out heavily! For example, I did not consume them much this summer but started eating them again last week and have been eliminating a lot, with watery stools.

Any similar experiences?

I agree, they are impressive.
His newsletter where he questions the lack of consumption in modern northern hemispheres countries gets me thinking about when consumption of magic mushrooms was common, a lot of new cultures and perceptions were formed then,generally very creative.

DaveFoster

@Drareg I don't know where you're from, but we have plenty of magic mushrooms here in Oregon, and people do indulge.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Not sure I've found the Magic mushrooms :) but so far so good with the white button

Diokine

Boiled mushrooms - so very delicious. I used to eat mushrooms all the time raw as a child, I loved them. Since adding them into my diet more regularly, I have started craving them. I'll boil them with onions and add to eggs and cheese or pasta with meats and tomato sauce. I don't think I can directly relate them to any effects, but my my mood lately has been great, drive is very high, and digestion is the best it's been in some time.

Magic mushrooms - taste awful but very psychedelicious... from what I've heard

BobbyDukes

None of you experience gut problems from them?

They are similar to beans for me. They cause obvious irritation down there.

I wish I could 'ave 'em

OP
Velve921

Velve921

None of you experience gut problems from them?

They are similar to beans for me. They cause obvious irritation down there.

I wish I could 'ave 'em

What symptoms do you have that are irritating?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Have those symptoms happened every time (5-10x) of repeated use? With increased frequency do they ever get to a point where the symptoms subside in any fashion?

Just curious as my symptoms initially are gasey ness and extremely watery stools, fowl smell, almost in the sense I am being cleaned out for a good reason. However, after doing them several days in a row these symptoms good away and everything is normal.

I wonder if this clean out that you experience is some sort of mass exodus of a particular bacterial or yeast community? Do you notice a mood change with your cleansing?

I LOVE mushrooms, but I haven't eaten button mushrooms in years. They used to trigger instant migraine-like headaches.....curious if they would still have that effect on me now?

Magic Mushroom season begins very soon here in the PNW.:cool: (that's a Blue Ringer)

nad

Mostly cramps. Sharp stabbing sensations. That's from 300g of button mushrooms, boiled for 4 hours.

I do love mushrooms, though (texture, taste).

''Boiled for 4 hours''?! I heard that overcooking mushrooms make them VERY hard for digesting.

EIRE24

Should the mushrooms be eaten away from other foods or can they be eaten at meal times too? Just boiling up a batch of them right now

BobbyDukes

''Boiled for 4 hours''?! I heard that overcooking mushrooms make them VERY hard for digesting.

Maybe. I have heard various things here about mushrooms. Initially, I thought you had to boil them for a while to get rid of the toxins that Ray mentioned. But then people here seem to be talking about the boiled water being real tasty, so not sure.

Have those symptoms happened every time (5-10x) of repeated use? With increased frequency do they ever get to a point where the symptoms subside in any fashion?

Just curious as my symptoms initially are gasey ness and extremely watery stools, fowl smell, almost in the sense I am being cleaned out for a good reason. However, after doing them several days in a row these symptoms good away and everything is normal.

Yes. Similar symptoms for me. It's like if I ate a load of apples at once. I know that a few hours later, I will regret it.

Interesting that these have subsided with continued use. How do you eat them?

I cook off the water initially in a sautée phase. That releases dangerous hydrazine. Then I add water and cook for 45 minutes often making a soup. That seems quite satisfactory.