Results With Boiled Mushrooms

L

lollipop

I cook off the water initially in a sautée phase. That releases dangerous hydrazine. Then I add water and cook for 45 minutes often making a soup. That seems quite satisfactory.
I cook off the water as well in a sauté - anywhere from 30-45 min. No problems from this method. I have not made it to the boiling yet. Somehow doesn't appeal to me. Though I have put in slow cooker lamb stew that I cook for 8 hours.

Also just saw interesting article about Shiitake mushrooms:

Why Shiitake Mushrooms Are Good For You

I like soup. Cook in pressure cooker for 15 or 20 minutes with water or stock, then purée with immersion blender. I don't purée it to liquid just tiny pieces. Seems very beneficial.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Today I turned a mushroom near catastrophe into a triumph. My intention was to do my usual 2-3 hour boil but I got sidetracked and it ended up being closer to four hours and the water was completely boiled off when I discovered my error. The mushrooms were probably only a minute or so away from scorching and much to my surprise they were the best tasting and most intensely flavorful mushrooms I've ever made. The only downside was that I didn't get any broth.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I boil for 3 hours and add butter and cheese on top at the end, no liquid.

Interesting observations, tetracyclines give same symptoms as mushrooms. Both clean me out.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'd eat them everyday if I had the time to prepare them properly. There are no definite rules about this as far as I know but I usually end up alternating between the various antimicrobial fibers, raw carrot, cooked bamboo shoots and cooked mushrooms, and try to have one of these each day. It seems to work.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Last year I was doing mushrooms everyday for 3 months as I was addicted; I would boil them while doing work at home in the late afternoon.

EIRE24

I'd eat them everyday if I had the time to prepare them properly. There are no definite rules about this as far as I know but I usually end up alternating between the various antimicrobial fibers, raw carrot, cooked bamboo shoots and cooked mushrooms, and try to have one of these each day. It seems to work.
Thank you for the reply. I think the mushrooms are by far the tastiest. Is an hour and a half enough to boil them for or does it have to be closer to the 3 hours?

EIRE24

Last year I was doing mushrooms everyday for 3 months as I was addicted; I would boil them while doing work at home in the late afternoon.
Would you eat them away from food or can they be eaten with meals?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I always eat them with butter and cheese; then sip on milk. I have found them to be a potent metabolic stimulator as my temp/heart rate jump.

EIRE24

I always eat them with butter and cheese; then sip on milk. I have found them to be a potent metabolic stimulator as my temp/heart rate jump.
That's good, I've been eating them with food so I'm hoping that this is the right way to do it

OP
Velve921

Velve921

In the winter I usually eat them under red light to stay warm...kind of an amplified combo.

milk_lover

I was on the boiled mushroom bandwagon when it first surfaced in the Peat world. But I grew tired of preparing them and I didn't see very drastic results like charcoal for example, so I stopped. Maybe I will try it some time in the next weeks.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the reply. I think the mushrooms are by far the tastiest. Is an hour and a half enough to boil them for or does it have to be closer to the 3 hours?
I've not tried less than two hours but that doesn't necessarily mean it can't be done. It looks like you might be able to shorten the cooking time by using a pressure cooker if I'm understanding this post correctly.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/how-to-eat-mushrooms.8885/page-2#post-121039

jaywills

I boil for 3 hours and add butter and cheese on top at the end, no liquid.

Interesting observations, tetracyclines give same symptoms as mushrooms. Both clean me out.

Similar experiences as @Ewlevy1 . In contrast, I have been frying around 300g Organic White Button Mushrooms, with no oil, for around 10 minutes until they are cooked through and reduce in size. The water in the mushrooms suffices to ensure they do not stick to the pan. I have been grating 50grams of parmigiano-reggiano on top and consuming liberally with salt.

I have tried this twice, not on consecutive days, with all factors remaining the same. I have eaten this mushroom meal at night as my last evening meal alongside Kiwi fruit/honey. This is around 7pm. I then go to bed soon after (8:30pm or so)

Ive noticed that my sleep is much deeper and restorative. I wake up around 6am, and after two nights of consuming these mushrooms (not back to back) I have noticed an easy to pass bowel movement. I feel fully cleaned out as you have experienced @Ewlevy1 .

More interestingly, my mood has been dramatically better, and I feel as if it is clearing away an Endoxtin or lingering allergen.

Wagner83

White button mushrooms seem to be pro sexual up to a certain point, one of the visible improvement is they reduce puffiness and in the skin of the face . If I consume too many of them for too many days in a row I start getting the kind of symptoms people have reported from things that supposedly lower aromatase a lot (for me it's mainly weird unpleasant things happening in the spine, possibly it gets compressed too easily, e.g. if I carry something), but also strong urges to cum and release those fluids (if not, I experience wet dreams, without the wbm I never do). Facial hair growth is also quicker. As far as I'm concerned the key is to find the right dose . Pretty sure it decreases water weight around the lower belly area given enough time.
For those who are concerned about the 5-ar inhibiting properties of mushrooms, here is a chart. A List Of Androgens That Stimulate 5-AR Activity
I'm not sure if wbm can have any significant effect on 5-ar, but they sure have a strong one on aromatase .

Last edited:

Glassy

I’m waiting for my Cascara and charcoal order to arrive and wanted to get things moving bowel wise. BMs seems too sticky and smelly to be ideal but I always put this down to a high protein diet. I tried using some powdered charcoal but that seemed to make things stickier.

I boiled a pound of large white mushrooms sliced (pretty sure these are just more mature button mushrooms) in about 2 quarts of water with my pressure cooker. Vented the steam off well and had a large bowl of the juice and shrooms. They were palatable but not tasty even with a bit of salt. I think I added too much water as the pressure cooker doesn’t allow much steam to escape and hence no reduction. The liquid tasted of mushroom.

I later looked at the huge pot of cooled mushroom “soup” and decided I’d experiment by downing the whole lot. I ate the shrooms first then drank the fluid. I figured it would be an interesting experiment as I don’t have a sensitive stomach and figured it might clear out my colon better than my daily 2 carrot salad. Working from home tomorrow so nothing crazy to lose.

I will try this again with shredded mushrooms and about 1/4 of the liquid. I’ll adjust the dosage based on my results tomorrow lol. I’m also eager to experience what low estrogen is like as I don’t think I’ve been there before.