Restoring gut health after antibiotics

Jayvee

I have no idea if this is normal but since doing a small course of antibiotics (Penicillin in small doses for 5 days and 1x 100mg of Minocycline), certain foods (can no longer tolerate milk or coffee) are causing mild digestive issues followed by breathlessness.

These attacks go away if I do bag breathing and/or activated charcoal so I'm assuming this has something to do with C02.

I asked ray and he said "It's likely that the antibiotics caused a disturbance of the bacterial ecology."

Questions is what do I do now?

Are probiotics (d-lactate free) a good option for restoring the gut?

Fexxx

Mutaflor and Boulardii are the best “probiotics” with no risk for SIBO

mostlylurking

I have no idea if this is normal but since doing a small course of antibiotics (Penicillin in small doses for 5 days and 1x 100mg of Minocycline), certain foods (can no longer tolerate milk or coffee) are causing mild digestive issues followed by breathlessness.

These attacks go away if I do bag breathing and/or activated charcoal so I'm assuming this has something to do with C02.

I asked ray and he said "It's likely that the antibiotics caused a disturbance of the bacterial ecology."

Questions is what do I do now?

Are probiotics (d-lactate free) a good option for restoring the gut?
suggested reading:
"IMPORTANCE Variation in the ability of gut microbes to transport, synthesize, and compete for vitamin B1 (thiamine) is expected to impact the structure and stability of the microbiota, and ultimately this variation may have both direct and indirect effects on human health. Our study identifies the diverse strategies employed by gut Bacteroidetes to acquire thiamine. We demonstrate how the presence or absence of thiamine biosynthesis or transport dramatically affects the abundance of B. thetaiotaomicron in a competitive environment. This study adds further evidence that altering the presence or concentrations of water-soluble vitamins such as thiamine may be an effective method for manipulating gut community composition. In turn, targeted thiamine delivery could be used therapeutically to alter dysbiotic communities linked to disease."

Please note that thiamine is required for oxidative metabolism. Without it, the end product is lactic acid instead of carbon dioxide. A thiamine deficiency causes you to be deficient in carbon dioxide. The fact that increasing your carbon dioxide (via bag breathing) improves your issue might be a clue.

Last edited:

SamYo123

Whats a
suggested reading:
"IMPORTANCE Variation in the ability of gut microbes to transport, synthesize, and compete for vitamin B1 (thiamine) is expected to impact the structure and stability of the microbiota, and ultimately this variation may have both direct and indirect effects on human health. Our study identifies the diverse strategies employed by gut Bacteroidetes to acquire thiamine. We demonstrate how the presence or absence of thiamine biosynthesis or transport dramatically affects the abundance of B. thetaiotaomicron in a competitive environment. This study adds further evidence that altering the presence or concentrations of water-soluble vitamins such as thiamine may be an effective method for manipulating gut community composition. In turn, targeted thiamine delivery could be used therapeutically to alter dysbiotic communities linked to disease."

Please note that thiamine is required for oxidative metabolism. Without it, the end product is lactic acid instead of carbon dioxide. A thiamine deficiency causes you to be deficient in carbon dioxide. The fact that increasing your carbon dioxide (via bag breathing) improves your issue might be a clue.
whats good thiamine supplment?

Perry Staltic

Whats a

whats good thiamine supplment?

The bolded are easily supplemented. Find what these like to eat and help them out

Table 1​

Vitamin B family producing bacteria.

Vitamins
Forms
Bacteria
References
B1​
Thiamin pyrophosphate (TPP)​
Bacteroides fragilis
Prevotella copri
Clostridium difficile
Lactobacillus
casei
Lactobacillus curvatus
Lactobacillus plantarum
Ruminococcus lactaris
Bifidobacterium infantis
Bifidobacterium bifidum

Fusobacterium varium

dogtrainer

Probiotics helped me considerably. I made yogurt out of them. You can read my post history. D lactate free by custom probiotics.

OP
Jayvee

Jayvee

Probiotics helped me considerably. I made yogurt out of them. You can read my post history. D lactate free by custom probiotics.

Thanks @dogtrainer it was actually your thread that made me consider the d lactate probiotics. At the moment I'm working on my diet but I'm looking at using them in the future.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals