Restless Legs Associated With Increased Cortisol, Hpa Activation

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Yeah i get worse rls on cypro as well, but it's also worse on t4, now i know why. I wonder if im taking too little t4, 12 mcg, and it's supressing my tsh but not enough t4 to make a difference. Ive never taken a full pill, for me 25mcgs, but the half a pill always makes my rls much more severe. T3 only gives me constant eye infections. Rock and a hard place.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Well i was on t4 only, and i got this really bad eye pain. I called intk kmud and ray said that was probably cortisol, to back off the t4. So i switched to unipharma t3. I felt really good, bht kept getting these ******* eye infections, different from the t4 problem, and very dry nostrils. Could be i was taking too much t3 at once, i dont know. Maybe it's time i take pregnenelone. I could try adding tr back in with the t3. My liver must suck. I have bad pelvic floor problems and sometimes am in complete stasis. Added cascara, tianeptine. Lots of physical therapy, just starting to get results with pelvic floor. Might be time for tetracycline again. Any ideas?

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Im bloated like a ************, too. Had a cat scan awhile back tbey told me i was full of ***t. The miracle of our modern medical system, you got to love it.

DaveFoster

@goodandevil Sorry for never getting back to you; I forgot about my post. Give me a quote reply next time.

How much is "too much" for you?
It doesn't really happen any more. It all depends on the balance of dopamine in your system. Various things can be good in one context, and bad in another.

For example, cyproheptadine and a stimulant (T3 or caffeine) will be superior to cyproheptadine without a stimulant, (which can perpetuate feelings of malaise.)

Ray Peat recommends 1 mg for general use and 2 mg for specific conditions, such as cancer.

NathanK

Having periodic limb movement or bouts of "the nerves" is not the same as having RLS. I think a lot of people throw the term around incorrectly. RLS is associated with pain and more voluntary movements. It's often an early sign of Parkinsons.

Periodic limb movement disorder is more involuntary movements of limbs during sleep.

The two arent necessarily related and relatively little is known about them.

Drareg

Having periodic limb movement or bouts of "the nerves" is not the same as having RLS. I think a lot of people throw the term around incorrectly. RLS is associated with pain and more voluntary movements. It's often an early sign of Parkinsons.

Periodic limb movement disorder is more involuntary movements of limbs during sleep.

The two arent necessarily related and relatively little is known about them.

Isn't the periodic limb movement a possible sign of hyperthyroidism also?

NathanK

Isn't the periodic limb movement a possible sign of hyperthyroidism also?
It is possible that many hyperthyroids have periodic limb movement, but not all people with periodic limb movement are hyperthyroid. I have PLMD and Im not hyperthyroid.

Unfortunately, there really isnt much known about it, but there are a lot of "round-about" hypothesis depending on whom you listen to.

Drareg

It is possible that many hyperthyroids have periodic limb movement, but not all people with periodic limb movement are hyperthyroid. I have PLMD and Im not hyperthyroid.

Unfortunately, there really isnt much known about it, but there are a lot of "round-about" hypothesis depending on whom you listen to.

Low blood pressure could be an issue,most get it while resting/lying etc.
Round-about hypothesis is the norm,treat you like a slot machine for pills until it stops.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals