Restless Leg, Then Shin Pain And Quad Spasm

orewashin

Last night, my leg was restless. It would feel uncomfortable in every position and I wanted to move it. I wasn't moving it like in RLS, at least that I know of.

This morning, I feel a sudden shin pain from time to time, and my outer quad right above my knee is visibly spasming.

Since it's just this leg, my first guess was that it was mechanical, but the quad spasm is weird. What could this be an indication of?

Hans

Forum Supporter
That's symptoms of excess acetylcholine.

OP
orewashin

orewashin

Which leg?
The right one. Why?

That's symptoms of excess acetylcholine.
I'm not taking anything besides T3 and caffeine right now. That being said, I remembered that caffeine has some sort of cholinergic effect, and it turns out it inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine.

Caffeine Inhibits Acetylcholinesterase, But Not Butyrylcholinesterase

So you could be right. Though, I'm quite used to caffeine and didn't have this set of symptoms before, and I wonder why they would be on one leg. The symptoms went away on their own.

RP sees excess acetylcholine as excitotoxic but never mentioned that caffeine increases it that I know of.

Hans

Forum Supporter
The right one. Why?

I'm not taking anything besides T3 and caffeine right now. That being said, I remembered that caffeine has some sort of cholinergic effect, and it turns out it inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine.

Caffeine Inhibits Acetylcholinesterase, But Not Butyrylcholinesterase

So you could be right. Though, I'm quite used to caffeine and didn't have this set of symptoms before, and I wonder why they would be on one leg. The symptoms went away on their own.

RP sees excess acetylcholine as excitotoxic but never mentioned that caffeine increases it that I know of.
It could be other things as well. It could be a nerve that pinches due to swelling somewhere.
I'm going to release an article on acetylcholine tomorrow so then you can check with the symptoms if it might be acetylcholine.

OP
orewashin

orewashin

It could be other things as well. It could be a nerve that pinches due to swelling somewhere.
I'm going to release an article on acetylcholine tomorrow so then you can check with the symptoms if it might be acetylcholine.
A pinched nerve would be a better explanation since it was only in one leg. I'll take a look at it.

aliml

Massage Your IT Bands​

The IleoTibial (IT) band area is related to the gallbladder meridian and often gets very tight in individuals dealing with gallbladder stress. Especially the right side. Try stretching these and using a foam roller to loosen them up and through a reflex arc it can have a positive effect on bile flow.

Here is a video where I demonstrate how to use a foam roller on several regions of the body including the IT bands.

Grapelander

I get RLS and horrible night leg cramping also.
Magnesium Glycinate helps tremendously; just mix in an evening beverage.
I also noticed happens more in the dark. Use incandescent lamp up until bedtime. I have sometimes slept with red lights on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals