Restless Leg Syndrome- Cause Of It?

OP
B

Ben

Haagendazendiane said:
I use a potato peeler when I make it a salad. I usually just slice it into little rounds and pour c.o. over it.

@Ben
Re: Carrot Salad Timing
by nwo2012 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 pm

cliff wrote:
"He said in an interview it is fine to eat it with a meal, I eat my carrot salad with OJ/milk with no problems."

by nwo2012
"The issue is not whether its fine or not. Of course its fine but you will still not absorb all the nutrients from that meal so better to have in a gap simply for that reason. Well at least that is my take on it."

nwo2012
"It decreases it a little but probably nothing too significant imo. Eating between meals might be the best but isn't as convenient "

(Sorry about my lack of quoting skills :oops: )
I thought it was so the food wouldn't stimulate digestive juices, which would make the body absorb beta-carotene better. RP said beta-carotene isn't good. If RP said it's fine to eat with a meal, I will definitely eat the carrot daily from now on, since it's much more convenient that way.

RP said the carrot can kill bacteria that produce vitamin K, and he recommends supplementing to avoid deficiency in this case. How much vitamin K do I have to replace if I eat the carrot daily (or in other words, how much vitamin K does the bacteria produce)?

Swandattur

Ben, That julienne tool looks like a better one that I have. It is kind of hard to do. I don't think carrot timing is as important as just eating it. I think it's okay to just eat the carrot as is. The potato peeler is fine. Sometimes I use this cheese slicer I have that makes a little thicker slices than a peeler, but some cheese slicers make very thick slices.

Kray

Mittir said:
I am going to reiterate what Haagendazendiane posted.
Digestive system is the source of most health problems.
Improper digestion increases endotoxin and serotonin,
which triggers a whole stress response of estrogen,
cortisol, inflammatory prostaglandins, histamine etc.
Excess estrogen and cortisol will lower production of active thyroid hormone.
It is almost impossible to fix problems without fixing gut.
No amount of supplements or thyroid can totally cure it.
I would suggest eating easy to digest foods.
Any food that irritate intestine will cause problems even if it is a
super healthy food. Also be very careful with supplements.
Most supplements are full of toxic excipeints. Even a tiny
tablet can cause lots of problems. Toxinless.com has lists of supplements
with safer excipients. Excipient free supplements can be contaminated
with unknown organism. RP used to cure people's allergies by telling them to avoid
all vitamin supplements. Raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoots are
very good at lowering endotoxin. I have also noticed just eating coconut oil
with food has similar benefits.

Mittir,

Some of the best, and simplest, advice I've read here in a long time. NO. MORE. SUPPLEMENTS. FOR. NOW. MORE. CARROT. SALAD. WITH. COCONUT. OIL. Thanks bunches of carrots :)

Just from my experience a number of years ago, I had restless legs for a while at night when I wasn't eating enough nutritious foods, also having diarrhea, and well, I ended up deficient in potassium (and probably other things but I don't think everything was tested). For me, the restless legs wasn't so much about needing to burn off nervous energy by shaking them, it was more an uncomfortable, almost painful NEED to keep moving them when I lay down in bed, or else they would just bother me too much. I even used the old trick of putting a bar of soap in the bed, which seemed to work (maybe placebo, but I was taking what I could get at the time). It went away when I supplemented potassium and improved my diet some more.
So you're supplementing potassium

Because when I do do I feel way better at night

At that time, I took potassium since I blood tests showed it was low.

my blood test everything was very good even the thyroid
and potassium too

but

comp metabolic panel BUN was 26 which is high
i donno what is that

bun to creatinine ratiion was high

i donno what those means

Peata

my blood test everything was very good even the thyroid
and potassium too

but

comp metabolic panel BUN was 26 which is high
i donno what is that

bun to creatinine ratiion was high

i donno what those means
Hmm, I'm not sure what all that means, but someone here will.

Amazoniac

- Restless Leg Syndrome: Role of Iron and Vitamin D Deficiencies))

"[..]significant improvement after supplementation of vitamin D is noteworthy in our case. Although vitamin D deficiency is not reported as an exacerbating factor of RLS in the guidelines, it has been shown that vitamin D affects the nigrostriatal pathways, increases dopamine and its metabolites, and protects dopaminergic neurons against toxins (5). A pilot study by Wali et al.(6) indicated that correction of the vitamin D level improved RLS symptoms."​

- Restless Legs Associated With Increased Cortisol, Hpa Activation

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals