resting pulse and mortality

Dan W

Someone on the facebook group had a response from Peat about it:
The journal's "partner" is the Bayer company. Heart journals' main function is to sell drugs. The authors described the subjects as healthy and middle aged, but within 16 years 39% of them had died. A high proportion of europeans and americans have failing hearts, and a failing heart beats faster but pumps less. I think they selected a population with a higher than average proportion of heart failure. The failing heart is unable to meet the body's need for oxygen, and a decreased ability to use oxygen corresponds to a lack of "fitness," or vitality and ability to survive.

I also wonder if there's other reasons their resting heart rate was high (stress hormones or otherwise). It seems unlikely that a typical person has a high resting heart rate because of a strong metabolism.

pboy

this might sound strange, but even though the slower heart rates live a little longer...does this mean their lives were better along the way? They might have been living a low key life, not having too many ups and downs, getting sick time to time, and live our their life...where as someone with a strong purpose and passion who experiences more ups and downs might die a little earlier, but have a faster heartrate, metabolism, and be generating a better sense of worth and purpose in their day to day lives....in essence they 'spend' their life a little quicker, but utilize it better. I guess the question is ...is the high heartrate due to motivated passion and healthy bloodflow, or is the high heartrate due to constricted bloodflow and stress?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals