Respiratory Allergy for as long as I can remember. How to solve?

Luis_Marrafon

Hi! I would like some suggestions from you to try to solve some respiratory problems that I've been facing for as long as I can remember.

When I was a kid, I remember having a complicated respiratory system. Doctors said I suffered from bronchitis, sinusitis, respiratory allergies, asthma, etc.

My mother tried several treatments, but none were effective.

During that time, of course, I took a lot of medicine to be able to "live", since the crises were always very strong. I sneezed for 2 whole days and kept blowing my nose. The nostrils were blocked most of the time, especially when I lay down. I have always used naphazoline hydrochloride and other substances to be able to breathe through my nose.

Today, at 25, I'm much better overall. My nostrils still clog when I lie down, and I still have bouts with dog hairs or very dusty things, but the bouts are less severe and usually go away more quickly.

However, it is something very inconvenient, since a perfume or a dog can ruin my day.

One thing that has helped me a lot since I met Ray Peat is cyproheptadine. If I take cyproheptadine one day, it's almost guaranteed that the next day I'll wake up without any allergies and my body will be even more prepared not to suffer any crisis.

However, I don't want to depend on it, not to mention the adverse effects, such as excessive sleep, dry eyes and mouth, etc.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can make my body stronger against respiratory allergies?

Comments:

- I ALWAYS wake up sneezing once in a while and blowing my nose at least once in the morning (yes, this could be a problem in my room, but this is a thing that happens since when I was a child and didn't stop, so I think this is something in me, not in the dozens of rooms I've slept [unless I have cement allergy hahahaha])

- As soon as I lie down to sleep, at least one of my nostrils gets clogged and it gets a little hard to breathe (I use naphazoline hydrochloride to solve it)

- Exposure to allergens gives me a VERY annoying crisis where I keep sneezing a lot and blowing my nose every 2 minutes or less, in addition to blocked nostrils and itchy nose and eyes.

- Diet according to Ray Peat's ideas (avoiding PUFA, starch, greens, etc.) does not seem to improve my situation

- I take B complex, vitamin e, calcium from oysters, methylene blue, aspirin, vitamin k and magnesium every day

- My diet basically boils down to: milk, eggs, fish, beef, liver, carrots, sourdough bread, fruits, coffee, potatoes, etc.

- I had my tonsils, adenoids and turbinates removed when I was a kid

Thank you in advance.

Coffee is great for histamine issues, I didn’t see you mention it. Also upping your vitamin C could benefit your situation, from oranges or lemons. I personally use a neti stick to help with sinus troubles.

Attachments

• 641ACA56-3EE4-425D-8460-45D4830DA7B6.jpeg
    641ACA56-3EE4-425D-8460-45D4830DA7B6.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 28

timr

my experience is that generally gut issues are the most common cause allergies and consequent respiratory distress. clean gut is shown by pink tongue and easy digestion and elimination. once the system is disturbed, any small external perturbation can cause allergic response. gentle liver cleansing herbs can help initially.

OP
L

Luis_Marrafon

Coffee is great for histamine issues, I didn’t see you mention it. Also upping your vitamin C could benefit your situation, from oranges or lemons. I personally use a neti stick to help with sinus troubles.
Thank you for your response.

I consume coffee, but not in high doses. I would say only a cup daily.

For vitamin C I take camu camu daily.

OP
L

Luis_Marrafon

my experience is that generally gut issues are the most common cause allergies and consequent respiratory distress. clean gut is shown by pink tongue and easy digestion and elimination. once the system is disturbed, any small external perturbation can cause allergic response. gentle liver cleansing herbs can help initially.

Thank you!

I don't think my gut is the problem. I have pink tongue (even when I wake up) and go to the bathroom at least once a day.

milk_lover

Yeah the gut and low blood sugar are the two main causes of allergy and respiratory issues. Try to eat 100 mg of aspirin with food everyday. It really helps with gut irritants and allergy. But it takes time until your body gets used to aspirin. Peat mentioned any crystal material, like aspirin, sugar, and salt need to be eaten with food so they don't irritate the stomach.

redsun

Hi! I would like some suggestions from you to try to solve some respiratory problems that I've been facing for as long as I can remember.

When I was a kid, I remember having a complicated respiratory system. Doctors said I suffered from bronchitis, sinusitis, respiratory allergies, asthma, etc.

My mother tried several treatments, but none were effective.

During that time, of course, I took a lot of medicine to be able to "live", since the crises were always very strong. I sneezed for 2 whole days and kept blowing my nose. The nostrils were blocked most of the time, especially when I lay down. I have always used naphazoline hydrochloride and other substances to be able to breathe through my nose.

Today, at 25, I'm much better overall. My nostrils still clog when I lie down, and I still have bouts with dog hairs or very dusty things, but the bouts are less severe and usually go away more quickly.

However, it is something very inconvenient, since a perfume or a dog can ruin my day.

One thing that has helped me a lot since I met Ray Peat is cyproheptadine. If I take cyproheptadine one day, it's almost guaranteed that the next day I'll wake up without any allergies and my body will be even more prepared not to suffer any crisis.

However, I don't want to depend on it, not to mention the adverse effects, such as excessive sleep, dry eyes and mouth, etc.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can make my body stronger against respiratory allergies?

Comments:

- I ALWAYS wake up sneezing once in a while and blowing my nose at least once in the morning (yes, this could be a problem in my room, but this is a thing that happens since when I was a child and didn't stop, so I think this is something in me, not in the dozens of rooms I've slept [unless I have cement allergy hahahaha])

- As soon as I lie down to sleep, at least one of my nostrils gets clogged and it gets a little hard to breathe (I use naphazoline hydrochloride to solve it)

- Exposure to allergens gives me a VERY annoying crisis where I keep sneezing a lot and blowing my nose every 2 minutes or less, in addition to blocked nostrils and itchy nose and eyes.

- Diet according to Ray Peat's ideas (avoiding PUFA, starch, greens, etc.) does not seem to improve my situation

- I take B complex, vitamin e, calcium from oysters, methylene blue, aspirin, vitamin k and magnesium every day

- My diet basically boils down to: milk, eggs, fish, beef, liver, carrots, sourdough bread, fruits, coffee, potatoes, etc.

- I had my tonsils, adenoids and turbinates removed when I was a kid

Thank you in advance.
Most important thing is to eat a diet that provides all your micronutrients you need daily. This helps the system as a whole. Animal meat especially red meat for more zinc (which is helpful for histamine issues), but also chicken and pork is also good. Starches such as rice, potatoes, help provide carbs especially to refill glycogen in the body. Loss of glycogen overnight can promote more allergic responses hence you tend to have issues right when you wake up. Of course this is not all there is to it but it definitely helps to eat plenty of starchy carbs for your last meal so glycogen lasts the night. A few servings of vitamin C rich fruit or sometimes fruit juices are good if you react well to them as vitamin C is a necessary cofactor to produce norepinephrine which is our natural vasoconstrictor that opposes histamine's vasodilatory effects. Some OTC decongestants specifically work through the alpha 1 receptor, which is an adrenergic receptor that mainly responds to norepinephrine and reduces excess vasodilation caused by histamine in the sinuses.

Now the legitimate way to effectively lower histamine load in the body is to focus on increasing the amount of methyl donors in the diet as the vast majority of histamine is deactivated by SAM-e. You need to provide methyl to help recycle methionine from homocysteine. Methionine then becomes SAM which is used in many different methylation reactions including deactivating histamine.

Your diet should be higher in proteins especially meats and a few eggs daily. This provides methionine and choline. Eggs are especially rich in choline, which can be oxidized to betaine which is a methyl donor. You also want to get plenty of choline so then methyl groups can be spared that would be otherwise used to make choline which the body desperately needs daily. Meat, especially red meat but also other meats are also very rich in creatine. A large portion of the body's methyl supply is used to synthesize creatine so it takes priority. Eating meat also will spare the need to make endogenous creatine since it will provide some similar to what I said about choline. Supplementing more creatine on top of that can also help.

The diet should be adequate in all the B-vitamins as they are necessary to run the methylation cycle. If you eat the right variety of foods you should get them. The actual supplement you will need to use to effectively lower histamine on top of everything else you are doing is TMG (also known as betaine). You can supplement 1-2g daily and see how your symptoms improve on top of the other things I recommend. They all work together to decrease histamine levels, so its important you dont just rely on the supplement.

You can also supplement creatine and I would avoid supplementing B-complexes as excess amounts tends to worsen allergies. Vitamin E and K are not needed and they may indirectly increase vasodilation which you don't want. The core of what you need is more methyl donors and sparing methyl groups with the right food choices and supplements.

xborg

The most common cause of allergies (inappropriate immune response to naturally benign stimuli) have their genesis in vaccines. They are are loaded with components from plant and animal origins which are introduced into the body via an unnatural route that bypasses the normal front line sentries through injection. I resolved my tree pollen allergy by consuming bee pollen. It only took one teaspoon and 12 hours to wipe out a 20 yr allergy that began the spring after a hep B shot. That cure has lasted 16 years and counting. Prior to that I'd be suffering right at this time of year. No more shots, no more allegies. So, if various pollens are at least part of the problem, perhaps try eating bee pollen from various sources. It's nature's perfect food anyway, nothing to lose.

Edind9

increase androgens.
Thats it. take some DHT. Vitamin E. Aspirin.

Thank me later.

accelerator

The most common cause of allergies (inappropriate immune response to naturally benign stimuli) have their genesis in vaccines. They are are loaded with components from plant and animal origins which are introduced into the body via an unnatural route that bypasses the normal front line sentries through injection. I resolved my tree pollen allergy by consuming bee pollen. It only took one teaspoon and 12 hours to wipe out a 20 yr allergy that began the spring after a hep B shot. That cure has lasted 16 years and counting. Prior to that I'd be suffering right at this time of year. No more shots, no more allegies. So, if various pollens are at least part of the problem, perhaps try eating bee pollen from various sources. It's nature's perfect food anyway, nothing to lose.
Very interesting; is there a brand or supplement you particularly like?

xborg

Very interesting; is there a brand or supplement you particularly like?
It was the Y.S. Farms organic bee pollen that did it for me. But I've bought from various sources: high desert, Spanish, forest, pine, and locally harvested.