Resources Why Coronavirus Testing Is Very Inaccurate

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does anyone have some good references for why getting tested is not a good idea?
I know it's very inaccurate and that the virus mutates rapidly and that they have to create DNA from the viral RNA, etc, etc.

Any good references anyone?

RealNeat

Does anyone have some good references for why getting tested is not a good idea?
I know it's very inaccurate and that the virus mutates rapidly and that they have to create DNA from the viral RNA, etc, etc.

Have you read this? Goes into the tests more than other articles ive read.

Op-Ed: Does the 2019 Coronavirus Exist?

md_a

90297966_10219664941765786_5044079037748609024_n.jpg

Diokine

What is reverse-transcription PCR?

Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction
a laboratory technique combining reverse transcription of RNA into DNA (in this context called complementary DNA or cDNA) and amplification of specific DNA targets using polymerase chain reaction (PCR).[1] It is primarily used to measure the amount of a specific RNA.

What is qPCR?

Probe-based qPCR

How can we use qPCR to detect novel coronavirus?

Diagnostic detection of 2019-nCoV by real-time RT-PCR
We used known SARS- and SARS-related coronaviruses (bat viruses from our own studies as well as literature sources) to generate a non-redundant alignment (excerpts shown in Annex). We designed candidate diagnostic RT-PCR assays before release of the first sequence of 2019-nCoV. Upon sequence release, the following assays were selected based on their matching to 2019-nCoV as per inspection of the sequence alignment and initial evaluation (Figures 1 and 2).

What is the current protocol for detecting novel coronavirus via PCR testing?

Research Use Only Real-Time RT-PCR Protocol for Identification of 2019-nCoV
CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel

Can the assay primers and probes return positive results from other pieces of genetic information?

BLASTn analysis queries of the 2019-nCoV rRT-PCR assays primers and probes were performed against public domain nucleotide sequences. The database search parameters were as follows: 1) The nucleotide collection consists of GenBank+EMBL+DDBJ+PDB+RefSeq sequences, but excludes EST, STS, GSS, WGS, TSA, patent sequences as well as phase 0, 1, and 2 HTGS sequences and sequences longer than 100Mb; 2) The database is non-redundant. Identical sequences have been merged into one entry, while preserving the accession, GI, title and taxonomy information for each entry; 3) Database was updated on 10/03/2019; 4) The search parameters automatically adjust for short input sequences and the expect threshold is 1000; 5) The match and mismatch scores are 1 and -3, respectively; 6) The penalty to create and extend a gap in an alignment is 5 and 2 respectively. 2019-nCoV_N1 Assay: Probe sequence of 2019-nCoV rRT-PCR assay N1 showed high sequence homology with SARS coronavirus and Bat SARS-like coronavirus genome. However, forward and reverse primers showed no sequence homology with SARS coronavirus and Bat SARS-like coronavirus genome. Combining primers and probe, there is no significant homologies with human genome, other coronaviruses or human microflora that would predict potential false positive rRT-PCR results. 2019-nCoV_N2 Assay: The forward primer sequence of 2019-nCoV rRT-PCR assay N2 showed high sequence homology to Bat SARSlike coronaviruses. The reverse primer and probe sequences showed no significant homology with human genome, other coronaviruses or human microflora. Combining primers and probe, there is no prediction of potential false positive rRT-PCR results. In summary, the 2019-nCoV rRT-PCR assay N1 and N2, designed for the specific detection of 2019-nCoV, showed no significant combined homologies with human genome, other coronaviruses, or human microflora that would predict potential false positive rRT-PCR results.

This is for the current CDC accepted assay probes. As I understand it, currently all testing in the US, outside of research laboratories, is utilizing probes and primers provided by the CDC.

Is this real-time qPCR really as exact as it seems?

By many accounts PCR is an excessively exact technique, however the results from the testing and the conclusions drawn from them should be subject to intense analysis to account for deficiencies in theory. It is suitable for scientific research conditions, where careful scrutiny may eventually reveal issues. For testing biological samples en masse, the picture is not as clear. Contamination is a real problem in any PCR laboratory, and it is hard to imagine that laboratories operating at current rates can appropriately deliver meaningful results free of significant noise.

Last edited:

S.Seneff

Perhaps that's juste because extra-cellular presence of the virus is variable ...

achillea

Have you read this? Goes into the tests more than other articles ive read.

Op-Ed: Does the 2019 Coronavirus Exist?

Thanks, good article
. I just read in my local propaganda paper that some big pharm company is offering to test everyone in this small county for the pandemic virus that hides behind every tree and waits to lunge on a passing body, no matter what age or ethnicity or animal. I am sure the lines will be long and steady Not for us.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just found out there are only 40 covid-19 test kits available for my whole entire state and if a doctor wants to test someone the CDC has to approve it first. They are only approving tests for people that meet every single criteria regardless of their signs and symptoms.

LUH 3417

I just found out there are only 40 covid-19 test kits available for my whole entire state and if a doctor wants to test someone the CDC has to approve it first. They are only approving tests for people that meet every single criteria regardless of their signs and symptoms.
Similar situation here for me. They won’t test you u less you have a fever >100.4. Our managers are telling us to (re)use surgical masks and that even when obtaining a swab to perform the culture we only need a surgical mask, not an n95. Some hospitals are threatening to fire staff if they speak to the media about the situation.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Similar situation here for me. They won’t test you u less you have a fever >100.4. Our managers are telling us to (re)use surgical masks and that even when obtaining a swab to perform the culture we only need a surgical mask, not an n95. Some hospitals are threatening to fire staff if they speak to the media about the situation.
Yes, I was given one N95 and one face shield that I have to reuse indefinitely at this point!!!

schultz

Yes, I was given one N95 and one face shield that I have to reuse indefinitely at this point!!!

This might be a dumb question, but why can't you use a cartridge respirator? You can buy one with a face shield built in as well. Does it have to do with the ability to talk to patients?

tankasnowgod

I've found Jon Rappoport's articles excellent on this topic-

CDC announces test kits for coronavirus don’t work « Jon Rappoport's Blog
My bottom lines on the China epidemic « Jon Rappoport's Blog
China “epidemic” cases with no coronavirus—what?? « Jon Rappoport's Blog
CDC begins testing Americans for the Coronavirus—but how? « Jon Rappoport's Blog
The gold standard of medical tests is fake « Jon Rappoport's Blog

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This might be a dumb question, but why can't you use a cartridge respirator? You can buy one with a face shield built in as well. Does it have to do with the ability to talk to patients?
It’s probably a cost issue and I’m sure that the hospital has their specific policies and procedures that are difficult to change. Basically all of our PPE is from China and they have shut down production for now so we have to conserve what we have to the best of our ability. We do have to be able to communicate as well.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I was reading his site & all of a sudden it kept spinning with no content. Now it says Bad Gateway. He'll probably be found dead soon from mysterious causes.

I've got that bad gateway message on and off. Might just be hosting issues, maybe he's doing upgrades. It does seem intermittent.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals