Resources For Myasthenia Gravis

messtafarian

It's taken about nine months but Neurology and Company are circling towards a diagnosis of Myasthenia Gravis for yours truly.

I know Peat stated in one of his articles that glycine used to be used to treat Myasthenia -- I've got some and I've been using it now and again but haven't really looked for "results" because I wasn't even sure what improvement would feel like.

Are there any other older, non-pharma protocols that anyone has read about or heard about for MG?

Thanks!

burtlancast

I've made a thread about myasthenia gravis some time ago: viewtopic.php?t=4007

There was some great input by Wilfrid.

There's too a hard to find book by Emmanuel Josephson "The Thymus, Manganese and Myasthenia Gravis, Incorporating Myasthenia Gravis, Manganese and THF Thymus" available on www.hathitrust.org/ and other sites ().

saraleah

Masstafarian sorry to hear you are going thru this. My ex mother in law had been diagnosed for myasthenia gravis, by Western physicians when I met her, in 1990. She was badly affected by it at that time. Nothing helped. Her husband took her finally to an Amish Dr - she lived in southern Indiana, and was able to go. The Dr gave her treatments similar to treatment given to children for lead poisoning- IV treatments, I don't know what drug was used, in a standard hospital. She made a complete recovery, when I next saw her she was well and did not relapse as far as I know.

yerrag

I am preently dealing with symptoms of myesthenia gravis.

Since I know what I took that caused this to happen to me, I question the idea that this is an auto-immune disease and that it is hereditary, and that there is no cure for it. For all cases with symptoms that fall under myesthenia gravis.

I developed muscle weakness that now makes me walk with less strength on my left foot, with my left leg muscles becoming unable to dig in solidly on the ground, and when my left foot hits an obstacle in the ground, it is unable to recover its footing and I end up tripping, and have a few wounds on my head as a result. Even when I type on he smartphone, I have a much, much higher error rate as my fingers keep typing on he wrong keys. When I talk, I have less control in speaking slowly enough to be clear. It is like my vocal cord muscles cannot go thru one steady slow muscle motion that when we work out with free weights we can slowly bring down the weight with control instead of a clumsy fast weak motion. I never thought the day would come so soon that I would wet in my pants. When I have the urge to pee, the bladder won't give me the time to consciously hold on. I would find myself drooling.

In short, I have lost some voluntary muscle conrol as well as some autonomic muscle control that I take for granted.

Still, I have gotten past the worst and I am improving. At its worst, I also had difficulty swallowing food. I was having hiccups all day.

I would find white mucus filling up my throat that I would have a cup to spit out the mucus as I try to sleep at night. As the root of my predicament has to do with the lungs and the pulmonary airways and tract. I had made the mistake of taking cinnamon bark oil in the same way I took turpentine - instead of putting the oil diluted in a carrier oil enclosed in a capsule, I was taking it dropped into a sugar cube. The sugar cube method was fine for taking turpentine, but not for a mucosal irritant like cinnamon bark oil. The cinnamon bark oil tasted good on sugar cubes, it was very pleasant but a week of two later of taking it twice a day would I feel the slow buildup of its accumulated effect. When the effect came, it was like a thief in the night, as I began blaming other things for my condition, and it was by slowly retracing what I did was I able to pinpoint the cinnamon bark oil as the culprit.

When I discovered the actual culprit, I was already halfway through dealing with my swallowing and disturbed sleep issues (from frequent coughin}, and I thought things would start getting back to normal. But i could not be more mistaken.

I would for the first time experience being short of breath. I had gone for a dip in my koi pond, and with the water being cold, but not freezing cold, I began to feel my breath running short. I quickly got out of the pond, and seeing my temperature drop to 35.5C, I quickly got a thick blanket to wrap around me, and got hot-warm water to drink to help raise my temperature. As I recovered for the next two hours, I would get my O2ring to record my spO2. What I saw, with spO2 in the low 80s most of the time, made me realize the full extent of damage the cinnamon bark oil had done to my lungs' ability to carry out gas exchange- taking in oxygen and expelling CO2. I had prety much simulated what a smoker smoking for years would develop with emphysema, or an person would develop with infection with COPD.

I could not raise my body temperature when needed because I could not get my supply of oxygen needed for my internal furnace. This also meant I cannot exert a lot of effort in activities I used o take for granted such as running, swimming, or lifting weights. I can only do light stuff like walking.

From that point of realization, it was just a matter of time that I developed the symptoms of myasthenia gravis, which I described at the beginning.

Now, I am monitoring my ECG, my muscle relaxation time (QTc in the ECG), my heart rate, my breathing rate, and my temperature.

I'm glad to see that my muscle relaxation is still in eurhyroid territory, which would explain my temperature holding up at 37C, but my heart rate is faster than usual at 90 instead of 68, and my breathing rate at 23 talks to my having a respiratory acidotic condition arising from my lungs having difficulty expelling CO2.

My ECG, however, shows that my QRS wave has a very low amplitude or voltage, and this I relate to having some pleural effusion, a sondition relating to my lungs still recovering from the effect of being exposed to a continual dose of a mucosal irritant. The low amplitude in the QRS wave has a lot to do in explaining my muscle weakness.

Lastly, I can't help but see my current acidic condition (from respiratory acidosis) as also affecting the interplay between potassium and calcium as to how if affects muscle strength. The acidic condition makes potassium less effective as a regulator of calcium ingress into the cell, and this affects the ionic gradient of calcium between the cell and outside the cell. This would make muscles weaker in effect voluntary and autonomic commands from the nerves. And may explain some, at the very least, of the muscle weakness I feel. It also explains why my heart rate would ve faster as well.

I hope that the cinnamon bark oil would not have lasting damaging effect on the nerves, and that in time, I would recover from myasthenia gravis as my lungs gain back its full ability for gas exchange.

yerrag

I am preently dealing with symptoms of myesthenia gravis.

Since I know what I took that caused this to happen to me, I question the idea that this is an auto-immune disease and that it is hereditary, and that there is no cure for it. For all cases with symptoms that fall under myesthenia gravis.

I developed muscle weakness that now makes me walk with less strength on my left foot, with my left leg muscles becoming unable to dig in solidly on the ground, and when my left foot hits an obstacle in the ground, it is unable to recover its footing and I end up tripping, and have a few wounds on my head as a result. Even when I type on he smartphone, I have a much, much higher error rate as my fingers keep typing on he wrong keys. When I talk, I have less control in speaking slowly enough to be clear. It is like my vocal cord muscles cannot go thru one steady slow muscle motion that when we work out with free weights we can slowly bring down the weight with control instead of a clumsy fast weak motion. I never thought the day would come so soon that I would wet in my pants. When I have the urge to pee, the bladder won't give me the time to consciously hold on. I would find myself drooling.

In short, I have lost some voluntary muscle conrol as well as some autonomic muscle control that I take for granted.

Still, I have gotten past the worst and I am improving. At its worst, I also had difficulty swallowing food. I was having hiccups all day.

I would find white mucus filling up my throat that I would have a cup to spit out the mucus as I try to sleep at night. As the root of my predicament has to do with the lungs and the pulmonary airways and tract. I had made the mistake of taking cinnamon bark oil in the same way I took turpentine - instead of putting the oil diluted in a carrier oil enclosed in a capsule, I was taking it dropped into a sugar cube. The sugar cube method was fine for taking turpentine, but not for a mucosal irritant like cinnamon bark oil. The cinnamon bark oil tasted good on sugar cubes, it was very pleasant but a week of two later of taking it twice a day would I feel the slow buildup of its accumulated effect. When the effect came, it was like a thief in the night, as I began blaming other things for my condition, and it was by slowly retracing what I did was I able to pinpoint the cinnamon bark oil as the culprit.

When I discovered the actual culprit, I was already halfway through dealing with my swallowing and disturbed sleep issues (from frequent coughin}, and I thought things would start getting back to normal. But i could not be more mistaken.

I would for the first time experience being short of breath. I had gone for a dip in my koi pond, and with the water being cold, but not freezing cold, I began to feel my breath running short. I quickly got out of the pond, and seeing my temperature drop to 35.5C, I quickly got a thick blanket to wrap around me, and got hot-warm water to drink to help raise my temperature. As I recovered for the next two hours, I would get my O2ring to record my spO2. What I saw, with spO2 in the low 80s most of the time, made me realize the full extent of damage the cinnamon bark oil had done to my lungs' ability to carry out gas exchange- taking in oxygen and expelling CO2. I had prety much simulated what a smoker smoking for years would develop with emphysema, or an person would develop with infection with COPD.

I could not raise my body temperature when needed because I could not get my supply of oxygen needed for my internal furnace. This also meant I cannot exert a lot of effort in activities I used o take for granted such as running, swimming, or lifting weights. I can only do light stuff like walking.

From that point of realization, it was just a matter of time that I developed the symptoms of myasthenia gravis, which I described at the beginning.

Now, I am monitoring my ECG, my muscle relaxation time (QTc in the ECG), my heart rate, my breathing rate, and my temperature.

I'm glad to see that my muscle relaxation is still in eurhyroid territory, which would explain my temperature holding up at 37C, but my heart rate is faster than usual at 90 instead of 68, and my breathing rate at 23 talks to my having a respiratory acidotic condition arising from my lungs having difficulty expelling CO2.

My ECG, however, shows that my QRS wave has a very low amplitude or voltage, and this I relate to having some pleural effusion, a sondition relating to my lungs still recovering from the effect of being exposed to a continual dose of a mucosal irritant. The low amplitude in the QRS wave has a lot to do in explaining my muscle weakness.

Lastly, I can't help but see my current acidic condition (from respiratory acidosis) as also affecting the interplay between potassium and calcium as to how if affects muscle strength. The acidic condition makes potassium less effective as a regulator of calcium ingress into the cell, and this affects the ionic gradient of calcium between the cell and outside the cell. This would make muscles weaker in effect voluntary and autonomic commands from the nerves. And may explain some, at the very least, of the muscle weakness I feel. It also explains why my heart rate would ve faster as well.

I hope that the cinnamon bark oil would not have lasting damaging effect on the nerves, and that in time, I would recover from myasthenia gravis as my lungs gain back its full ability for gas exchange.

To help my lungs heal, I have ordered a nebulizer to let me breathe in a salt solution that would help my clear my lungs of phlegm.

yerrag

Have you tried conium?

Are you referring to hemlock? Being that it is poisonous, are you referring to a homeopathic remedy made from it?

No, I haven't tried it.

Is it to address the gas exchange issue with the lungs. or is it to address the neuromuscular weakness?

I was initially focused on the cinnamaldehyde content in cinnamon bark oil, which is about 60% of the essential oil content, and was solely looking at the mucosal irritant nature of cinnamaldehyde causing my lung breathing problems, with the inflammation interfering with efficient gas exchange relating to oxygen intake and CO2 exhaust.

But now I have begun looking at the second largesst component, eugenol, at 4%. and consider it to be more causative to my neuromuscular weakness issues. As a MAO inhibitor, it can affect neuromuscular activity.

I had an experience with using clove bud oil (which has a high eugenol content)and methylene blue, also a MAO inhibitor, some time ago. Using them together, I notice my left leg becoming paralyzed. That experience made me careful about using a MAO inhibitor with another, as using them together has compounding effects.

This time, the eugenol was present in a smaller percentage in cinnamon bark oil, but with the 2 x 3 drops of cinnamon bark oil taken daily orally (with a cube of augar) for a week (maybe two), I was taking a large dose of a MAO inhibitor. Not only that, I was also drinking Indian chai daily (which also contains cloves, cinnamon bark, as well as nutmeg, shich contains myristicin -also a MAO inhibitor). Needless to say, I was at the receiving end of being exposed to the compounding effects of taking more than one MAO inhibitor.

Being able to trace my condition to my use of MAO inhibitors, I could see the effect of their anti-serotogenic and anti-dopamine effect on my neuromuscular system. I remembered having bought Lisuride before together with Cyproheptadine, on @Regina posting about it. I used Cypro, but never found the need to use Lisuride - until nos.

I applied 3 drops all over the body before turning in last night, had a bit of s struggle sleeping, but eventually dozed off. And I woke up to a better feeling of better muscle control. My left leg doesn't drag anymore. And my ECG, when I took it around 5 pm, showed that my QRS wave had regained its high voltage.

I should drastically lower my use of Lisuride now, as I monitor to see if I need to continue using it. But it appears my bout with myasthenia gravis is only temporary and short-lived. Thanks to @haidut 's Lisuride.

Apparently, I was wrong attributing all of of my neuromuscular issues to my lung issues causing an acidic imbalance leading to poor muscular relaxation rates. It really was due to unknowingly exposing myself to a large dose of MAO inhibitors for some time, the effect of which slowly reared its ugly face.

Last edited:

yerrag

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals