Resistant Starch Part Of William Browns Health Improvements?

tankasnowgod

As a young male physical farm worker, 2500 seems pretty low - unlikely to be enough for maintenance unless his metabolism was quite low to begin with. I imagine his calories before that were not being closely measured, and he might have been eating more.

I don't remember him being labeled as a "farm worker." I though he was a man who worked in William Burr's lab.

larry h

what about consuming raw russet potatoes? skin and all? small quantities i.e ??

boris

When potato starch is cooked, most of the resistant starch is broken down to regular starch.

It really doesn't take much resistant starch to make a difference, but yeah if they cooked it then the glucose chains were broken down.

Keep in mind that doesn't count for reheated potatoes though. RS3 does not get broken down by heat.

• RS1 – Physically inaccessible or undigestible resistant starch, such as that found in seeds or legumes and unprocessed whole grains.
  • RS2 – Resistant starch is inaccessible to enzymes due to starch conformation, as in green bananas and high amylose corn starch
  • RS3 – Resistant starch that is formed when starch-containing foods are cooked and cooled, such as pasta. Occurs due to retrogradation, which refers to the collective processes of dissolved starch becoming less soluble after being heated and dissolved in water and then cooled.
  • RS4 – Starches that have been chemically modified to resist digestion -wikipedia

Hgreen56

5 minutes ago i was reading this topic that explained why resistant starch is bad..
Do you think Resistant Starch can increase or cause endotoxin production?

Definitely yes, Oligosaccharides or resistant starch are indigestible carbohydrates digested by Bifido's, therefore increases endotoxins or lipooligosaccharide or LPS.

Galacto-oligosaccharides
(raffinose, stachyose and verbascose (in beans, peas, lentils, cabbage, whole grains), soybean oligosaccharides in soy, and trans-galactooligosaccharides (TOS))

So starchy food that is cooled makes retrograded starch and forms a breeding ground for bacteria who's endotoxins or LPS can attach to resistant starch itself. And these toxins are worse than the bacteria them self's, coz the bacteria mostly die in our stomach acid but not their heat stable lipooligosaccharides. So even reheating the cooled rice will not kill the toxins.

And now is healthy again? aaargh
image_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

boris

5 minutes ago i was reading this topic that explained why resistant starch is bad..

And now is healthy again? aaargh

See how it works for you.

According to Peat's principles it should be bad and (I think he makes good points against starch in general), but some people swear by it. Personally resistant starch makes me worse.

Hgreen56

i have a question, litte offtopic, but someone knows how instant mashed potato is made?
i wish there was a youtube video about it but can't find one.
Are these starch also resistant?

Inaut

I’m feeling a lot better with RS in my diet(probably 2 weeks now). I think it has a lot to do with the butyrate production.

I know Peat isn’t a fan but I think damage to the mucosal lining is where most of our health issues begin...

Hgreen56

I’m feeling a lot better with RS in my diet(probably 2 weeks now). I think it has a lot to do with the butyrate production.

I know Peat isn’t a fan but I think damage to the mucosal lining is where most of our health issues begin...
how much do you take? and you drink it like a protein shake?

Inaut

Just a tablespoon at a time and yes. I add it to water or my milk/protein shake.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals