Resistant Starch Healthy Or Not?

berk

I read that resistant starch can have powerful health benefits.
Improved insulin sensitivity, lower blood sugar levels, reduced appetite, prebiotic and various benefits for digestion.

I guess that ray peat will say that resistant starch gives to much stress and cause thyroid problems?

Another thing
some say that cooking or heating destroys most resistant starches.
and "recapture" the resistant starch of some foods by letting them cool after cooking.

But others say that Boiling, baking, steaming, frying, microwave cooking extrusion cooking and autoclave cooking have the potential of increasing the amount of resistant starch nut pressure cooking decreased the amount of the resistant starch of foods.
The effect of various cooking methods on resistant starch content of foods | Emerald Insight

So 2 things where I am confused about.

Cynthia386

I read that resistant starch can have powerful health benefits.
Improved insulin sensitivity, lower blood sugar levels, reduced appetite, prebiotic and various benefits for digestion.

I guess that ray peat will say that resistant starch gives to much stress and cause thyroid problems?

Another thing
some say that cooking or heating destroys most resistant starches.
and "recapture" the resistant starch of some foods by letting them cool after cooking.

But others say that Boiling, baking, steaming, frying, microwave cooking extrusion cooking and autoclave cooking have the potential of increasing the amount of resistant starch nut pressure cooking decreased the amount of the resistant starch of foods.
The effect of various cooking methods on resistant starch content of foods | Emerald Insight

So 2 things where I am confused about.
Resistant starch in the form of potato starch cured my diarrhea.

EustaceBagge

Resistant starch in the form of potato starch cured my diarrhea.
How did you prepare them? OP talked about numerous methods.

Also, are you still using resistant starch?

Lastly, did you do anything else to cure your diarrhea? I don't suffer from diarrhea myself, but any digestive intervention that worked is useful.

Cynthia386

How did you prepare them? OP talked about numerous methods.

Also, are you still using resistant starch?

Lastly, did you do anything else to cure your diarrhea? I don't suffer from diarrhea myself, but any digestive intervention that worked is useful.
I mix potato starch with yogurt.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals