Reserpine To Decrease Serotonin?

M

member 6316

Reserpine is a molecule which exists in Rauwolfia Serpentina which is also known as Snake Root.
Has anyone tried Rauwolfia Serpentina to get the reserpine benefit?
Reserpine is an MAO-A agonist which means it promotes MAO-A activity
found the information on here Warrior Gene MAO-A R297R Info and Treatment
100mg rauwolfia you should be getting about 0.1mg reserpine .
But if it does increase mao-a it should decrease serotonin too right..?

NathanK

IIRC, they use this stuff in studies to permanently shut off all brain neurotransmitters-not just serotonin. I think there are a lot of other less risky alternatives out there

OP
M

member 6316

but it seems to be the only mao-a agonist that actually works i myself have a very low mao-a so i have no other options

and i dont think it permantely shuts down anything it just after you stop reserpine your brain takes a while for the neutrontransmitters to build up . you must use some high doses to really to some damage if thats the case.

Sucrates

I looked into it a while back, even purchased the herb. It's effects on serotonin are complex though. I decided not to take it. IV is causes platelet dumping of 5-HT (humans) and migraine, release of serotonin from tissues. There are a number of older studies on migraine and platelet function should be easy to find. I'd look at other ways to alter TPH and MAO-A first.
http://www.jacionline.org/article/0021-8707(59)90018-8/pdf
Effect of reserpine, serotonin, and 5-hydroxytryptophan on rabbit platelet histamine in vivo and in vitro - ScienceDirect
http://sci-hub.cc/10.1111/j.1526-4610.1975.hed1502136.x

OP
M

member 6316

my carditone arrived which has 50mg of reserpine in each capsule i took 4 so I took about 200mg = 0.2 mg reserpine

cant say i feel much yet maybe the dosage is low or it takes a few hours to kick in? been about 45 minutes give or take. If I boost it enough the MAO-A with reserpine it should metabolize all the serotonin aka break it down and use it all up and in time it should have broken down so much serotonin there wouldnt be much left which is what im striving for first but I want a tiny bit serotonin or balance it.

*edit* took another 100mg so thats 0.3mg for today gonna stay on 0.3mg for 10 days and see how it goes!

Last edited by a moderator:

NathanK

you must use some high doses to really to some damage if thats the case.
my carditone arrived which has 50mg of reserpine in each capsule i took 4 so I took about 200mg = 0.2 mg reserpine
*edit* took another 100mg so thats 0.3mg for today gonna stay on 0.3mg for 10 days and see how it goes!
By all means, start out with 6x the average dose.

Rauwolfia Serpentina
if Haidut hasn't come out with the drug yet then there may be a reason

OP
M

member 6316

whats the best way to get resperine ? cardimap has 250mg of snake root and Himalaya Serpina has
(Standardised to contain 1.5mg of the total alkaloids) because it has 1.5mg alkaloids which could be reserpine ... then that would be quite a big dosage but I dont know how many alkaloids in snake root.

some guy suggested to buy the actual root and extract the resperine myself (because apparantly if its in capsules its been processed so whatever active substance there was its gone.... n just fillers

how would you even dosage that if you made it yourself from the root..

mont109

You can induce a Fibromyaglia like illness in rats search"Oral Supplementation of Melatonin Protects against Fibromyalgia-Related Skeletal Muscle Alterations in Reserpine-Induced Myalgia Rats." with it and it is well known to cause depression. I would stay away from it.

Nokoni

Metergoline works very well. You can get it from Idea Labs.

OP
M

member 6316

Metergoline works very well. You can get it from Idea Labs.
it increases mao-a? source?

You can induce a Fibromyaglia like illness in rats search"Oral Supplementation of Melatonin Protects against Fibromyalgia-Related Skeletal Muscle Alterations in Reserpine-Induced Myalgia Rats." with it and it is well known to cause depression. I would stay away from it.
yes because it increases mao-a which means you end up with fewer neurontransmitters this is for those that have a slow mao-a.

OP
M

member 6316

so far nothing big dissapointment

feeling very tired and got a stuffy nose, think its the reserpine
if you coulnt breath from your mouth i would be dead by now can barely breath trough my nose

OP
M

member 6316

should i spread out my dosage? half mornin n half night? dont know how long the half life of resperine is anyone know? Is it 5 hours?

snowboard111

Ready to pop everything under the sun aren't you?

After reading ALL your thread you should probably look at something else than your "perceived" serotonin symptoms

OP
M

member 6316

wtf is ur problem kid? I know what my problem is dont act like you know everything about me. You shouldnt read all my threads that means your a stalking no life 12 year old. I would smack you in the face for speaking like that to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals