Researchers: COVID-19 Spreads Ten Meters Or More By Breathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

shine

Better stop breathing then, don't want to kill grandma.

OP
E

Experienced

Better stop breathing then, don't want to kill grandma.
I'm just posting the scientific studies I'm not an expert when it comes to viruses but yes some people are very mentally ill over this virus , today at the grocery store I was accidentally behind a old woman she developed a tick or something tells me to take a distance from her and every second she checks her behind if I'm still there. There are some crazy people yes. What if they say animals also are able to carry viruses? People will throw them on streets and ***t and not care about them maybe even do stupid stuff with them. Elites are definitely playing games with us we just have to figure out. Also people protest for BLM movement but not protesting for corrupt tap water what they daily consume the air that they breath in is also toxic. Nobody protests to it but still support BLM movement. A bit braindead people can agree with you. Don't worry I'm not worried about getting the virus but I'm worried about getting vaccinated. Nobody is going to throw a needle in my veins and put that toxic stuff in me.

rei

Depending on the ambient humidity it can spread hundreds of meters. A face mask has no effect on this because the large droplets stopped by it would fall off within 1 meter anyway.

boris

It‘s likely bull****, but hard to judge what kind of bull**** since it‘s not published yet.

This is from april
Airborne or Droplet Precautions for Health Workers Treating Coronavirus Disease 2019?
„Seven of 10 studies are based on modeling, and among them the extent of horizontal spread of droplets vary between 2 and 8 meters (≈6–26 feet) [14–20], highlighting the different findings between them, which can be partially attributed to the methodologies used. Specifically, 4 of these studies rely on computational fluid dynamics approaches that do not accurately account for the multiphase particle-flow interaction physics [14, 15, 18, 20], and 3 of them model cough as a turbulent jet (continuous ejection with conservation of momentum flux) instead of a turbulent puff (short sudden ejection with conservation of momentum) [15, 18, 20].“

„Two studies used analogous water tank experiments to validate the mathematical modeling developed and reported distances up to 1.4 meters (≈4.5 feet) and 2.5 meters (≈8.2 feet) [17, 22]. One of these 2 studies modeled coughs as turbulent jets (continuous emission) [22] despite published contrary evidence showing that the physics of violent exhalations is captured by puffs, sudden high momentum emission of moist and hot air [17].“

„In 5 studies, experiments were performed on human subjects... 2 used still photographs [23] and particle counters [21] and the distance reported among these 2 vary from 1 to 3 meters (≈3–10 feet).„

Can coronavirus spread 4 metres?
„Aerosols containing viruses like SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, are more likely to be generated through hospital procedures such as intubation and manual ventilation.

This may go some way to explaining the results of the four metres study, which took place in a hospital. Let’s take a look at the research.“

„How should we interpret the results?
We should consider the results from this study with caution. The study tests for the presence of the virus on surfaces and in the air, but doesn’t indicate if the virus was living and infectious.

The authors didn’t describe the nature of medical procedures undertaken in these wards, particularly if any might be likely to generate aerosols.

The virus sample detected four metres away was described as a “weak positive”. Both “intense positive” and “weak positive” samples were grouped together as positive samples in the results without defining what a “positive sample” was or explaining the distinction between the two outcomes.

The study had a small sample size and importantly, researchers didn’t use any statistical tests to determine the significance of their findings. So the results have limited utility in the real world.

What does this all mean?
The study adds to the evidence SARS-CoV-2 can be detected on surfaces.

But the finding that the virus could spread four metres is less convincing. Even if we disregard the study’s limitations, evidence of SARS-CoV-2 in the air isn’t evidence it’s infectious in that form“

OP
E

Experienced

No you aren't. You are posting articles and blog posts. The first tip that it isn't a study is that your link contained ads.
Sorry but I'm not in any partnership with any links Medicalxpress is very known for studies etc.

tankasnowgod

Sorry but I'm not in any partnership with any links Medicalxpress is very known for studies etc.

So a website that doesn't even feature a proper spelling of the word "express" is somehow "known" for studies? Known by whom?

Again, the link you posted in not a scientific study. It appears to be a link to a press release ABOUT a study that's going to be published. You should absolutely know the difference between the two. If you truly were posting a study, it would link to journal of Clinical Infectious Diseases, which is where the Press Release you linked to says the study is to be published.

OP
E

Experienced

So a website that doesn't even feature a proper spelling of the word "express" is somehow "known" for studies? Known by whom?

Again, the link you posted in not a scientific study. It appears to be a link to a press release ABOUT a study that's going to be published. You should absolutely know the difference between the two. If you truly were posting a study, it would link to journal of Clinical Infectious Diseases, which is where the Press Release you linked to says the study is to be published.
I reported the thread. Let's get it away for good. I Don't have time for drama just keep our connections positive

Status
Not open for further replies.