Requirements Of Each Individual Amino Acid?

Cirion

There is plenty of research out there suggesting some optimal protein intakes.

But what about specific amino acids? There are RDA's of course for each AA that you can track on chronometer for example but what are the RDA"s based upon?

LiveWire

I’d say go for complete proteins while avoiding the ones known to be high in pro-inflammatory AAs or balancing them with collagen/glycine. You’ll go nuts focusing on the amounts of all individual AAs. And I doubt there is any credible research on this specific issue.

My first post!

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I pretty much agree, I'm just playing with lower protein intakes though because I am finding I do well on low protein, but I want to be sure I don't go TOO low.

TeaRex14

I don't have a solid answer to that, I do think the RDA is likely screwed up though, as with most things. I don't use cronometer much, but according to it I consistently never meet cysteine requirements yet I feel great. I would say minimizing exposure to tryptophan, methionine, and cysteine is the best call. Gelatin, collagen, casein, pea, and potato proteins are definitely the best types. Personally my focus is on getting enough gelatin, taurine, and lysine. I feel great prioritizing those AAs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals