Request: No Starch / Grain - Carb Heavy Meals

koreus

I can't digest starch or grains very well so I'm struggling to find recipes that allow me to consume enough carbs.

At the moment I'm just eating obscene amounts of fruit but it's not really sustainable and a bit harsh on the teeth.

Any suggestions for recipes?

Ania

I have been on diet consisting of eggs, meats, seafood and tons of fruits for 3 and a half years now. I find it very sustainable and actually I never have been better. Besides, I have no choice, I am intolerant to most foods. So for me there is no turning back. Perhaps this forced me to realize how sustainable this kind of diet can be. My digestive track is in excellent condition first time in my life.

dukesbobby777

I have been on diet consisting of eggs, meats, seafood and tons of fruits for 3 and a half years now. I find it very sustainable and actually I never have been better. Besides, I have no choice, I am intolerant to most foods. So for me there is no turning back. Perhaps this forced me to realize how sustainable this kind of diet can be. My digestive track is in excellent condition first time in my life.

Did it take you a while to adapt to all of the fruit? I used to eat a lot of fruit and it was great for eating in between meals (modulating blood sugar). Since Peating though, I bought into the fruit juice philosophy (convenience factor; minimizing hard to digest fibers/textures, etc), and since then, going back to fruit usually results in gut issues.

In terms of fruits that I tolerate I would say apples, blueberries and grapes. I find oranges in the store just very hit and miss. You can spend the extra money and think you are getting fantastic oranges, but you try to eat them and realise they are tasteless, and not good oranges.

Do you have to be careful with food combining? For instance, eating eggs and then ensuring that you don’t eat a bunch of apples at the same time? Or does it not matter? Perhaps the elimination of gluten and dairy improves food combining flexibility. I used to do no dairy at all and I don’t remember having gut issues. I’m not digging down on dairy. It just might be something that I will try again in the future (a diet simular to yours).

lvysaur

What I noticed is that when my vitamin D went up my tolerance for starch went way up (and I had zero desire for sugar)

My vitamin D coincidentally went up after eating very undercooked/pink liver, didn't budge when I supplemented 30,000 IU or when I was eating pan-fried liver.

Ania

Did it take you a while to adapt to all of the fruit? I used to eat a lot of fruit and it was great for eating in between meals (modulating blood sugar). Since Peating though, I bought into the fruit juice philosophy (convenience factor; minimizing hard to digest fibers/textures, etc), and since then, going back to fruit usually results in gut issues.

In terms of fruits that I tolerate I would say apples, blueberries and grapes. I find oranges in the store just very hit and miss. You can spend the extra money and think you are getting fantastic oranges, but you try to eat them and realise they are tasteless, and not good oranges.

Do you have to be careful with food combining? For instance, eating eggs and then ensuring that you don’t eat a bunch of apples at the same time? Or does it not matter? Perhaps the elimination of gluten and dairy improves food combining flexibility. I used to do no dairy at all and I don’t remember having gut issues. I’m not digging down on dairy. It just might be something that I will try again in the future (a diet simular to yours).
I do not want to mess here with the OP's main subject.
If you are interested, here is my thread where there are many details
Rheumatoid Arthritis Managed With Fruit And Protein Diet
You can ask me anything in this thread if the answer is not there already.

Zpol

I like this for breakfast (great with coffee)...

Banana Bread SCD

I recommend placing parchment paper on the bottom of each pan and lightly oiling the sides.

You can use maple syrup in place of honey if you're not following SCD. I find this recipe a bit on the sweet side, so I reduce the maple syrup or honey. Some testers completely omitted the 2 tablespoons of sweetener and said it was still sweet enough for them.

If you're avoiding sweeteners, this bread bakes up great without any maple syrup or honey or other sweetener, with one change: I would reduce the salt to about 1/4 teaspoon. Also, I've had great success using coconut sugar in place of honey or maple syrup.

If your batter seems too fluid, add about a teaspoon of coconut flour. Let the loaf cool completely before slicing since the moisture reduces as it cools so the loaf will become firmer over time.

Ingredients

6 extra-ripe peeled bananas
6 large eggs
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coconut flour
2 heaping teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp (heaping) nutmeg
Optional: 1/2 cup Chocolate chips or raisins or Blueberries

Instructions

Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).

Prepare two 9 x 5 pans.

Mash the bananas using a mixer or by hand in a large bowl. Mix until completely mashed and smooth.

Add the eggs, honey, and vanilla to the mashed bananas and mix well (I use the whisk attachment for my stick blender, beaters probably work too).
Add the baking soda, salt, and coconut flour to the wet batter and blend well.

Split the batter among the two pans. Add the chocolate chips or raisins or blueberries to the batter (split between the pans) and push them into the batter with a fork.

Bake for approx 45 min or until the top begins to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean (might take up to an hour).

NOTE: this freezes well. I usually double the recipe and split between three pans instead of two and make one loaf with each of the three optional ingredients (which I usually add extra of). Then I use the egg shells to make egg shell powder.

tankasnowgod

A lot of times, when cooking ground beef for dinner, I will add either pineapple or mango like I used to add diced potatoes. I might also use onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers. But obviously the pineapple or mango would be the main source of carbs.

You could try getting all your carbs from your liquids, and having them along with carnivore-style solid foods, but low-fat ones.

So for example: 3 - 6 lean carnivore mini-meals (eggs, beef, fish, shellfish, liver, cheese, etc), balanced with a large glass of orange juice or sugared coffee or milk or soda with the meal.

ddjd

this is exactly the approach i am trying now and already feeling so much better

LucyL

Banana Bread SCD

I recommend placing parchment paper on the bottom of each pan and lightly oiling the sides.

You can use maple syrup in place of honey if you're not following SCD. I find this recipe a bit on the sweet side, so I reduce the maple syrup or honey. Some testers completely omitted the 2 tablespoons of sweetener and said it was still sweet enough for them.

If you're avoiding sweeteners, this bread bakes up great without any maple syrup or honey or other sweetener, with one change: I would reduce the salt to about 1/4 teaspoon. Also, I've had great success using coconut sugar in place of honey or maple syrup.

If your batter seems too fluid, add about a teaspoon of coconut flour. Let the loaf cool completely before slicing since the moisture reduces as it cools so the loaf will become firmer over time.

Ingredients

6 large eggs
4 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/8 tsp (heaping) nutmeg

Instructions

Prepare two 9 x 5 pans.

Mash the bananas using a mixer or by hand in a large bowl. Mix until completely mashed and smooth.

Add the eggs, honey, and vanilla to the mashed bananas and mix well (I use the whisk attachment for my stick blender, beaters probably work too).

Split the batter among the two pans. Add the chocolate chips or raisins or blueberries to the batter (split between the pans) and push them into the batter with a fork.

Bake for approx 45 min or until the top begins to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean (might take up to an hour).

NOTE: this freezes well. I usually double the recipe and split between three pans instead of two and make one loaf with each of the three optional ingredients (which I usually add extra of). Then I use the egg shells to make egg shell powder.

That sounds good! A lot of times for breakfast, I'll just mash up a ripe banana, mix it with an egg, maybe add a little cinnamon and fry it like a pancake. Good with butter and maple syrup!

Peatful

Banana Bread SCD

Ingredients

6 large eggs
4 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/8 tsp (heaping) nutmeg

Instructions

Prepare two 9 x 5 pans.

Mine is in the oven now -
Thank you!

I can't digest starch or grains very well so I'm struggling to find recipes that allow me to consume enough carbs.

At the moment I'm just eating obscene amounts of fruit but it's not really sustainable and a bit harsh on the teeth.

Any suggestions for recipes?

Attachments

• 9831D493-29EE-4986-A9C5-72399D802884.jpeg
    9831D493-29EE-4986-A9C5-72399D802884.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 59830EEA-1D0E-4BAB-985B-4084F3ECD03F.jpeg
    59830EEA-1D0E-4BAB-985B-4084F3ECD03F.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DDB8895C-7AAF-4E70-BAE4-880881D8F220.jpeg
    DDB8895C-7AAF-4E70-BAE4-880881D8F220.jpeg
    594.5 KB · Views: 31
  • C27F2633-2E83-427D-A11E-6A2DB86CC69A.jpeg