Request Help With Thyroid Panel And NDT Dosage

Wayne J

Request help with interpreting these results. I am doing well cooked veggies as well, probably adding more carbs than I should, but sticking with coconut oil for cooking, a little olive for just raw carrot with apple cider vinegar, salt, a bit of mct. Am trying to see if getting proper thyroid will help melt the weight away albeit slowly but steady while keeping carbs fairly low. Trying to combat Type 2 diabetes. Got off metformin due to side effects and developing some neuropathy. Substituting Berberine, that seems to be working fair. Not as good as the metformin, the BG might get as high as 144 fasting overnight, less if I exercise the night before and gets down in the 90's during the day after LC meals and exercise. Looking for a way to keep 'dawn phenomenon' down.
Just moved dosage of Nature Throid from .5 grain to .75 grain per doctor. So I think the higher fasting and after meal blood glucose might be higher due to that? Thanks again.

T3, free 3.02 (2.18 - 3.98) pg/ml
t4, free .94 (0.76 - 1.46) ng/dl
TSH 3.530 (.400-5.140) uIU/ml

Thyroid Antibodies
Thyroid peridoxidase (TPO) H 20.3 (0.0 - 9.0) IU/mL

Thyroglobulin ABS <0.9 (0.0 - 4.0) IU/ml

A value of 4.0 or less indicates a negative result for thyroglbulin antibodies
Assay performed Coulter Access Dx1 method

tara

I'm no expert, so this is just speculations for you to consider if you want.

I think I've read elsewhere of other people doing low carb diets finding they get elevated fasting BG readings too. I wonder if that's a catabolising result of elevated morning cortisol.

TSH at 3.5ish looks somewhat high, though within what many drs call normal.

Are you monitoring your body temps and heartrate to give you a DIY way of assessing your base metabolism and the effects of changes you make? Note that it often takes 5-10 mins for a thermometer to come up to body temp to give an accurate reading.

Have you had a go at assessing what nutrition you are getting, eg with cronometer or similar?

Have you been reading Dr. Peat's articles, perhaps beginning with the ones on sugar and thyroid?
raypeat.com

OP
W

Wayne J

thank you for the input - new to this...

Maybe the LC is doing that. Will have to give a try to a moderate snack in the evening. Have been fasting from dinner 6 pm to 7 am glucose test.

The doc who is 'into' using NDT 'nature throid' bumped me from .5 grain to .75 grain
They provide 38 mcg levothyroxine (T4) and 9 mcg liothyronine (T3) for each 65 mg (1 Grain) of the labeled content of thyroid.
So he bumped me to the .75 grain as my temps were showing 97.0-97.4, and pulse 68-72 in the 'first wakeup' test.
Temp now 97.7-97.9 pulse 78-82. Using the instant temp thermometer, but resetting 4 times before recording the last so the thermometer warms up.

re: cronometer - am not sure what that is.

Will look up Dr. Peats articles on sugar and thyroid. Thanks very much.

Weight was very slowly coming down - maybe 1/2 lb a week with original dose. Started down about .5 lb a day with new dose.

My previous test - with the same ranges above were:

T3, free 2.60 - he said was low normal.
T4, free .91
TSH 2.52 - lower than now.

Antibodies - High at 12.9 - but that is lower than when I started nature throid
ABS <.9 Same as before.

Thanks for the input

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom