Request: A Guide to Meats

J

j.

I would like to consume the ideal amount of the minerals Peat recommends, like copper, zinc, and others, and I think choosing the right meats can be helpful to achieve this goal.

The only cut I eat regularly, once a week, is liver. What are the properties of other cuts from a Peatarian perspective? What are the benefits of consuming shrimp and oysters, and how do they differ? What about other cuts like beef tongue and brain, and chicken heart?

nwo2012

j. said:
I would like to consume the ideal amount of the minerals Peat recommends, like copper, zinc, and others, and I think choosing the right meats can be helpful to achieve this goal.

The only cut I eat regularly, once a week, is liver. What are the properties of other cuts from a Peatarian perspective? What are the benefits of consuming shrimp and oysters, and how do they differ? What about other cuts like beef tongue and brain, and chicken heart?

Oysters are best source of zinc and copper. All seafood for your selenium and iodine.

Brain will give you some pregnenolone.
Hearts I eat just for the taste. Heres detailed analysis:
http://skipthepie.org/poultry-products/ ... asses-raw/

OP
J

j.

I asked Ray Peat whether beef tongue is better or worse than the typical muscle meat. His response:

Ray Peat said:
I haven't seen the amino acid analysis, but I think it's similar.

OP
J

j.

According to a website, beef tongue has 8 times the amount of vitamin k beef liver has. Source:

Beef tongue
Beef liver

The sites linked above also have an amino acids analysis for these two cuts, but I don't know how to interpret that.