Repurposing Mebendozole As An Anti-cancer Agent And Anti-diabetes Drug

papaya

I used mebendozole to reload my metabolism a couple of times. I found it's ability to reverse insulin resistance accidentally, I use it occasionally as antihelmitic drug as I live in third world with low hygienic standarts. First time I used it reversed my blood sugar issues completely in a matter of 2 days. Quick search "mebendozole insulin resistance" gives a proof.

Improvement of metabolic control in diabetic patients during mebendazole administration: preliminary studies
https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/BF00253502.pdf

Fasting plasma glucose concentrations in Type 1 diabetic patients were significantly reduced by I month of mebendazole therapy (12.83 +1.11 versus 6.56_+ 0.56 mmol/l; p< 0.05). These changes occurred despite reduced insulin doses in five out of six Type 1 diabetic patients (83_+ 32 versus 34_+ 8 units/day; NS). In the Type2 diabetic patients, similar decreases in fasting plasma glucose concentrations were observed (10.22_+ 0.56 versus 7.56 + 0.67 mmol/1; p < 0.05). Insulin doses were also reduced in four out of four Type 2 diabetic patients (69 + 23 versus 45 + 12 units/day; NS). Further, chlorpropamide was stopped in one and reduced in two Type 2 diabetic patients. Improvements in fasting plasma glucose concentrations cannot be attributed to weight reduction since four out of six Type 1 diabetic patients gained weight (78 + 12 versus 82 + 13 kg; NS) and two out of six Type 2 diabetic patients gained weight (107 _+ 9 versus 108 ___ 9 kg; NS).

In one presumed Type 1 diabetic patient, the fasting plasma glucose concentration approached normality, and his insulin doses were gradually and persistently decreased throughout a 5-month period after discontinuation of mebendazole. At that time insulin therapy was withdrawn and chlorpropamide therapy was started.

There are some other studies about hypoglycemic effects of mebendazole.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...nd_insulin_secretion_from_isolated_rat_islets
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ycemic_Potential_of_Benzimidazole_Derivatives

Mebendozole causes microtubules degeneration. And this is a way it works in glucose regulation disturbances.

The anthelmintic drug mebendazole induces mitotic arrest and apoptosis by depolymerizing tubulin in non-small cell lung cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

And microtubules act as a "a cellular “rheostat” to precisely control insulin secretion and suggest that disturbance of this control may contribute to beta cell dysfunction and type 2 diabetes. Targeting the microtubule regulation of insulin secretion may offer new ways to treat diabetes."
https://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/fulltext/S1534-5807(15)00554-7

Microtubuletes are potential anticancer drugs targets. So here mebendozole comes as low toxic and dirt cheap anticancer agent.

The anthelmintic drug mebendazole induces mitotic arrest and apoptosis by depolymerizing tubulin in non-small cell lung cancer cells.
The anthelmintic drug mebendazole induces mitotic arrest and apoptosis by depolymerizing tubulin in non-small cell lung cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

And it looks like mebendozole is able to lower intercellular stress responce.

Microtubules and Their Role in Cellular Stress in Cancer
Microtubules are highly dynamic structures, which consist of α- and β-tubulin heterodimers, and are involved in cell movement, intracellular trafficking, and mitosis. In the context of cancer, the tubulin family of proteins is recognized as the target of the tubulin-binding chemotherapeutics, which suppress the dynamics of the mitotic spindle to cause mitotic arrest and cell death. Importantly, changes in microtubule stability and the expression of different tubulin isotypes as well as altered post-translational modifications have been reported for a range of cancers. These changes have been correlated with poor prognosis and chemotherapy resistance in solid and hematological cancers. However, the mechanisms underlying these observations have remained poorly understood. Emerging evidence suggests that tubulins and microtubule-associated proteins may play a role in a range of cellular stress responses, thus conferring survival advantage to cancer cells. This review will focus on the importance of the microtubule–protein network in regulating critical cellular processes in response to stress. Understanding the role of microtubules in this context may offer novel therapeutic approaches for the treatment of cancer.
Microtubules and Their Role in Cellular Stress in Cancer

Here comes more interesting conclusion that mebendozole is a KICKSTART for metabolic processes by turning off glycolysis.

Role of microtubules in the regulation of metabolism in isolated cerebral microvessels

We used 13C-labeled substrates and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to examine carbohydrate metabolism in vascular smooth muscle of freshly isolated pig cerebral microvessels (PCMV). PCMV utilized [2-13C]glucose mainly for glycolysis, producing [2-13C]lactate. Simultaneously, PCMV utilized the glycolytic intermediate [1-13C]fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) mainly for gluconeogenesis, producing [1-13C]glucose with only minor [3-13C]lactate production. The dissimilarity in metabolism of [2-13C]FBP derived from [2-13C]glucose breakdown and metabolism of exogenous [1-13C]FBP demonstrates that carbohydrate metabolism is compartmented in PCMV. Because glycolytic enzymes interact with microtubules, we disrupted microtubules with vinblastine. Vinblastine treatment significantly decreased [2-13C]lactate peak intensity (87.8 6 3.7% of control). The microtubule-stabilizing agent taxol also reduced [2-13C]lactate peak intensity (90.0 6 2.4% of control). Treatment with both agents further decreased [2-13C]lactate production (73.3 6 4.0% of control). Neither vinblastine, taxol, or the combined drugs affected [1-13C]glucose peak intensity (gluconeogenesis) or disrupted the compartmentation of carbohydrate metabolism. The similar effects of taxol and vinblastine, drugs that have opposite effects on microtubule assembly, suggest that they produce their effects on glycolytic rate by competing with glycolytic enzymes for binding, not by affecting the overall assembly state of the microtubule network. Glycolysis, but not gluconeogenesis, may be regulated in part by glycolytic enzyme-microtubule interactions.
We hypothesized that interactions between glycolytic enzymes and microtubules represent one structural basis for compartmentation of carbohydrate metabolism in VSM of pig cerebral microvessels (PCMV). To test this hypothesis, we examined the effects of both microtubule disruption and stabilization on glycolysis and gluconeogenesis in VSM of PCMV. Our results suggest that the binding of glycolytic enzymes to tubulin, rather than the integrity of the microtubule network, plays a significant role in the regulation of glycolytic flux. However, binding of gluconeogenic enzymes to tubulin does not contribute to the regulation of gluconeogenic flux. Thus these pathways may have spatially separate locations within the cytoplasm. The association of glycolytic enzymes with microtubules appears to have functional significance in terms of the regulation of pathway flux.
https://www.physiology.org/doi/pdf/10.1152/ajpcell.1999.277.6.c1250

Mebendozole is already under investigation as replacement for vincristine
Repurposing Mebendazole as a Replacement for Vincristine for the Treatment of Brain Tumors.
Repurposing Mebendazole as a Replacement for Vincristine for the Treatment of Brain Tumors. - PubMed - NCBI

I bet mebendozole will disappear soon from OTC section. Now it is dirt cheap OTC at least in third-world countries.
so interesting. what is the best way to use it as a preventative & to get rid of possible parasites? a 500 mg pill once a month or every few months?

OP
methylenewhite
so interesting. what is the best way to use it as a preventative & to get rid of possible parasites? a 500 mg pill once a month or every few months?
Depends on where you are. There are various protocols for different species of parasites.

OP
methylenewhite
i'm not even sure if i have them, i just kinda assume we all do so i'd want to do it as just a general cleanse.
In Russian instructions for mebendozole it says up to 2x200mg for 3 days and repeat after 3 weeks. I did 3x200mg for 3 days and repeated after 3 weeks. I don't recommend dose this high, I'm not a doctor, consult health care professional before taking any medication.

Max23

I have a bad muscle disease, when I am still they go tense, start to hurt and weaken. Only mebendazole enables me to sit longer, improves muscle fatigue. Anyone have any idea what effect it could have on muscle stamina and why? It must affect the muscle metabolism somehow?

OP
methylenewhite
It is an insulin secretogouge and insulin sensitizer. Investigate your blood sugar and insulin levels probably worth a try.

Check your lactate in blood levels. Should be super cheap even if you pay out of pocket.

Max23

I have done those, they have been normal. Only one low is lactate dehydrogenase, if it can even be low. I have frequently white stool, indicating pancreatic problems. I wonder if mebendazole secretogouges other pancreatic hormones or enzymes. Do you know anything else to try, that might have similar effects?

maillol

I used mebendozole to reload my metabolism a couple of times. I found it's ability to reverse insulin resistance accidentally, I use it occasionally as antihelmitic drug as I live in third world with low hygienic standarts. First time I used it reversed my blood sugar issues completely in a matter of 2 days. Quick search "mebendozole insulin resistance" gives a proof.

When you say you've used it to reload a couple of times, how long did you get the benefit for? Did your metabolism only benefit while the drug was in your system or did it have a permanent effect?

OP
methylenewhite
When you say you've used it to reload a couple of times, how long did you get the benefit for? Did your metabolism only benefit while the drug was in your system or did it have a permanent effect?
It has long lasting effects.

maillol

Interesting. Last year when I had insomnia I had a similar accidental discovery with mebendazole where I found it returned my sleep to normal but the effect would only last for a few days after taking a single dose.

This sent me down a rabbit hole of testing for parasites and finding nothing.

This glucose metabolism improvement may explain it.

OP
methylenewhite
Interesting. Last year when I had insomnia I had a similar accidental discovery with mebendazole where I found it returned my sleep to normal but the effect would only last for a few days after taking a single dose.

This sent me down a rabbit hole of testing for parasites and finding nothing.

This glucose metabolism improvement may explain it.

Single dose probably explains short term effects. 3x200mg per day 3 days is another story.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals