Report any side effects from vitamin K2 here

Have you had any side effects from K2 MK4 or MK7?

I am thinking I may have some and wondered if anyone else has. Thank you.

JamesGatz

Chest Pain/Panic Attacks/Crazy histamine reaction on my skin and made me feel like a zombie - (blunted personality and emotions) - with that being said i get none of these effects from aged cheese but various supplements seem to trigger something

NodeCerebri

The drops of K complex in mct oil work great for me. But when I take the powderized form of MK7 in capsules (clean) every time I try it I get horrible headaches and elevated blood pressure.

tankasnowgod

Strong erections!

Yes, I have been dealing with this "side effect" ever since I started K2.

I've taken K2 for years (probably a decade now), in doses anywhere from 1-45mg a day, and never noticed any negatives. Although, I have always taken it with Vitamin D, and usually Vitamin A as well.

@Lokzo posted a study about Calcium deficiency raising estrogen in another thread, and looking through the study, I found it interesting that K2 was able to prevent loss of BMD on low calcium diet, but did raise PTH-

@ecstatichamster Is it possible you aren't getting enough calcium and/or Vitamin D along with K2? If the side effects seem like elevated PTH, maybe that's the issue.

miquelangeles

When I was in poor health, MK7 used to cause palpitations especially when taking more than 100mcg.
Thorne MK4 caused hair loss when used topically, especially in the areas where applied.

MK7 - negative effect on mood and cognition, "darker" disposition - similar to mild 5-AR inhibition - seems lessened when used in conjunction with MK4
MK4 - flattened mood, more "uncaring", excessive hair loss when used without Magnesium & MK7. Bloating (stimulates T which excessively converts to E2, in my case at least)

Vesi

When i use K2-MK4, i spread it to my navel. I do it rarely, maybe once every 3-4 weeks. Last time i did it, on the next day i noticed how my forearm (arm that i used to spread it) was extremely weak. I'm not sure, but i think that this has happened previously when doing it. Going to see if it happens again in the future.

edit: btw, RPF should have this exact thread for every supplement that is usually used by us.

OP
ecstatichamster
The drops of K complex in mct oil work great for me. But when I take the powderized form of MK7 in capsules (clean) every time I try it I get horrible headaches and elevated blood pressure.
Are you saying topical K2 is better for you, or MK4 is better than MK7?

Eberhardt

I have nothing but bad experiences with vitamin K - only in supplement form though. K1, K2, Mk4 and 7 - topical and orally, with or without plenty of calcium- with and without lower bodytemprature, morning and evening, with or without food I get extremely sore and stiff thoracic area, especially in the back, headaches and insomnia as well as some unclear but foggy and unpleasent mental/emotional experiences - I have never felt anything like this from the relevant cheeses (though I havent felt any beneifti from them either)

Edit: and oh yes heart palpitation within a coule of hours at least, sometimes 45 minutes (cant remember if it is dependant on form)

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
I am hesitant in making any correlations, but I would say topical K2 is better for me, yes. Did you experience the same?

my issues seem correlated with K2 MK4, whether topical or orally dosed, but at doses considered high by most people, maybe 15 or 20mg per day in one dose.

fr@

When I was in poor health, MK7 used to cause palpitations especially when taking more than 100mcg.
Thorne MK4 caused hair loss when used topically, especially in the areas where applied.
It's both for me, it's just that MK-7 takes like 3 days or so before I get issues.
But with MK-4 it's just under 45 minutes, then I'd start getting: a bit dizzy, fatigued, random heart palpitations.
Also I'd be experiencing an increased rate of hair loss, which would be noticeable later in the day and also on the following day.

Btw, I'm using Carlson's MK-7 Drops & Thorne's MK-4 Drops.
Back then I take them both orally, but now it's just MK-7 that I put under the tongue.
As with Thorne, back then I take their original formula; but now I've been using my diluted version (it's basically just more MCT oil).

So far, the low dose works for me.
But I was inspired of what you said, that in poor health it'll cause issues.
So I guess it's a moment of truth for me, once I've upped the dose again... haha.

Pavel

MK4 applied trans scrotoly - insomnia, heart palpitation, fatigue, brain fog. Feels like too much GABA inhibition.

youngsinatra

I only took K2-7 and typically dosed it around 200 - 400 mcg. I used a K2-7 dissolved in MCT-oil and used it sublingually.

I haven‘t felt much at 200 mcg, but at 400 mcg I sometimes felt heart palpitations and craved more calcium-rich stuff, which often made the palpitations go away.