Report any side effects from vitamin K2 here

tankasnowgod

Interesting. Was it a blood test that made you decide to lower your iron?
Yep, full iron panel with Ferritin. I suspected it for a while, but the test confirmed it. Ferritin was 444, which is high, even outside of the lab range. Although most of what I read on iron showed there was benefits keeping it lower, near deficiency, like under 90, so even "high normal" might be too high. So, it was a pretty easy decision for me.

Dr. B

Yep, full iron panel with Ferritin. I suspected it for a while, but the test confirmed it. Ferritin was 444, which is high, even outside of the lab range. Although most of what I read on iron showed there was benefits keeping it lower, near deficiency, like under 90, so even "high normal" might be too high. So, it was a pretty easy decision for me.
what kinds of benefits from keeping it lower near deficiency?higher metabolism?

Can

I used to supplement vitamin D because I was found deficient in it, and had one vitamin D3 bottle with vitamin K2, and one without. The one with vitamin K2 made me feel off, nervous and panicky even at one drop (which is like 25 mcgs of vitamin K2). Also gave me insecurity in the heart/chest area (no better way to describe it) - it made me uncomfortable even at low doses. The one without the added vitamin K2 didn't elicit any of those symptoms. I don't take either of the supplements anymore.

cs3000

Seems to give me what feels like a sharp drop in blood sugar maybe 15 min after taking, even if I have eaten a ton of sugar and food. Kinda light headed ness, fatigue and a bit dizzy type of thing. This happens from quite small doses as well, couple of drops of kuinone on skin.

Does K build up over time?
+1 for this

i've been noticing the same from k2 mk-4 at 1.25mg, I take it with food. lightheaded tired as **** drowsy on a boat feeling

another report mentions sleepiness Quinone K2 MK4 Makes Me Sleepy/fatigued

also K1 gives me anxiety for sure. I tried 2 different brands. stuck with it for a while but it didn't change so had to drop it today

I'd like to know the mechanisms why so we could tolerate these better. Anyone got any ideas on this?

Dr. B

+1 for this

i've been noticing the same from k2 mk-4 at 1.25mg, I take it with food. lightheaded tired as **** drowsy on a boat feeling

another report mentions sleepiness Quinone K2 MK4 Makes Me Sleepy/fatigued

also K1 gives me anxiety for sure. I tried 2 different brands. stuck with it for a while but it didn't change so had to drop it today

I'd like to know the mechanisms why so we could tolerate these better. Anyone got any ideas on this?
not sure but grass fed whole milk is supposedly 45 mcg of K2 per 16oz. so a half gallon will give 180mcg daily which is a good amount. it has to be whole and the more yellow color the milk the more K2 it has. I would stop the supplements and do the milk with organic cane sugar added. the most id advise on a supplement is like 20mg policosanol, and 1000 IU vitamin D3 daily, or alternate 2000 IU and 1000 IU D3 every other day.

high dose K2 like 1.5mg or more, causes hair shedding, dry eyes. it does something.

cs3000

there's a lot of focus on lowering estrogen & cortisol but being too low can be detrimental too - wonder if the people who get negative response from K2 have this? anything to suggest K2 lowers estrogen or cortisol? cortisol is supposed to raise blood sugar so that would explain the low blood sugar type of feeling some people report
also thanks i would but i haven't tolerated milk proteins well (& max carboxylation happens in high amounts)

theoogabear

Someone in another thread said K2 MK4 made their liver enlarge. I'm going through that right now. I also feel very anhedonic, and tired. Any reason why? I have NAFLD, but I don't get this reaction from say B3, aspirin, and Vitamin E.