Reply Time For Ray To Reply

Lizb

I've emailed him before and got a reply within 24 hours. I've waited two weeks this time. Keep waiting or rewrite so it reads differently?

dreamcatcher

He either answers straight away or the next day or never. Emails have to be kept short. If you're seeking validation, he won't reply.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

Cool! Was ig reply to the restated question?
Is it possible for you to post the exchange in the Ray Peat Email Exchange thread? Thanks!
I rewrote the email condensing it right down; as few words as possible. Cut out all the things he could already assume for himself.

mrchibbs

People need to understand how many emails this (83 y.old) man gets. There probably aren’t enough hours in the day for him to answer all the emails. But I find if the question is genuine and to the point, and hasn’t been asked a million times before, he’s very helpful.

And sometimes the questions can be retarded (not saying that about you, I’m sure your question was interesting and pertinent) but I remember someone emailing Ray about whether or not they could substitute almond milk for regular milk lol

managing

Agree with above. If he doesn't reply, restate it, or just reply to your original message with a very simple question. I definitely feel that he likes a question that can be answered directly and briefly.

dreamcatcher

People need to understand how many emails this (83 y.old) man gets. There probably aren’t enough hours in the day for him to answer all the emails. But I find if the question is genuine and to the point, and hasn’t been asked a million times before, he’s very helpful.

And sometimes the questions can be retarded (not saying that about you, I’m sure your question was interesting and pertinent) but I remember someone emailing Ray about whether or not they could substitute almond milk for regular milk lol
He said, he gets a few daily.