Replacing Butter With Vegetable Oils Does Not Cut Heart Disease Risk (2016)

Drareg

These are news articles not really the studies,the problem is journalism is majority in the gutter and lazy these days. Low energy all round. We even have celebrity journalists in abundance now.
This should be posted in the conspiracy threads or religious.

The first article from the Atlantic journo claims saturated fat increases cholesterol --
"Butter is high in saturated fat, see, and saturated fat raises your cholesterol. High cholesterol increases your risk for heart disease, which is the leading cause of death in the United States. Such is the logical chain from butter to death"
Such is the "logical chain" a fine example of semantics getting used to lie,commit fraud,from the journo's angle she needs to pay the rent and she will eat children if necessary covered in butter.

Is the article worth reading after that? Not really but one more example is doing a study on the elderly by switching out their fat consumption,the problem is its elderly in a nursing home which implies they might be in there for health reasons already,it's even more likely that people consume more PUFA and are less cautious about PUFA fat use because of articles(lies)like this,the saturated probably use less because of the scare mongering and have adapted to lower fat diets and are unlikely to drastically change quantity of fat consumption now that it's PUFA.
That aside they are probably all pickled with drugs from that periods pharma zeitgeist and this is far more salient.

The stupidity of these arguments that not eating butter or the okinawans eating a special starch are the sole reason for perceived health is redundant without more context.

I don't get it.

pboy

i don't get all the pufa studies that show benefits then basically a few people say the ratio of 6 to 3 matters then ray peat says no theyre all bad. Own experience says high ratio oils aren't good or ideal but with normal fat in food that's mostly saturated as long as life is moving and nutrients there I don't notice them...whether theyre helping or hurting or just being burned for energy not sure, but either way seed oils I think in general aren't really ideal. For sure what I notice is fat to sugar ratio in general can be slowing if too much, and pufa/mufa to sat ratio can be slowing but other than that not 100% sure whats happening with them. I don't tend to think theyre necessary in high amounts as is perported...it would be obtainable in nature basically by eating in an unnatural way or making self prone to allergies for the most part, or off ratios...unless maybe you ate mountains of green vegetables as the bulk of diet. Its kind of an elusive things..its like some people like 'comfort' meals that promote serotonin or tone down mental nerve rate. If something like pufa's tone down nerve rate they could say its 'nourishing and calming' or something, but that also prevents optimal growth rate and functionality. So someone in stressed situation or where theres a lot of pinball machine nervous thoughts that cant be resolved or they don't know or are unwilling to try to resolve at the time, a pufa oil might kind of 'quiet' or sedate that at the potential cost of other things like healing, growth, breath, ect and over time might then become an issue. I get the idea that's why people say some things are good that might be metabolically speaking non ideal cause theyre in situations in life that are stressful or they don't really like or aren't up to the task to face so they kind of just quiet signals...and that's their own choice basically...id basically never intentionaly do that id rather know the truth and face it than purposefully surpress it but if you looka t society and the fact they just go to doctors, psychologists, ect and take medicines its pretty apparent people either don't want to look for root causes and resolve them or don't believe that's possible so anything that 'feels good' they think is good...but it might lead to long term consequences. I think Peat says omega 3 is showsn benefit cause it slows or surpresses the immune system, which slows healing but might lessen pain or stress signals. In either case, if you were to see large piles of scrap fish that smelled terrible and someone was to squeeze the juice/oil out of them and hand it to you would you eat it and think its good for your brain and necessary? I think theres a good reason they are hidden in capsule form instead of sold as a liquid oil. And I don't mean to call them scrap fish...its probably just an industry term but really its foul and dare I say haneous. Its that fine line where like yea but people had to survive in various climates and all that but then in a pure objective sense its pretty terrible and unnecessary currently so I go with that

Tarmander

I think theres a good reason they are hidden in capsule form instead of sold as a liquid oil.

There are actually a lot of liquid fish oils these days, usually lemon or orange flavored. But they have to distill the crap out of that oil to get it there.

Drareg

i don't get all the pufa studies that show benefits then basically a few people say the ratio of 6 to 3 matters then ray peat says no theyre all bad. Own experience says high ratio oils aren't good or ideal but with normal fat in food that's mostly saturated as long as life is moving and nutrients there I don't notice them...whether theyre helping or hurting or just being burned for energy not sure, but either way seed oils I think in general aren't really ideal. For sure what I notice is fat to sugar ratio in general can be slowing if too much, and pufa/mufa to sat ratio can be slowing but other than that not 100% sure whats happening with them. I don't tend to think theyre necessary in high amounts as is perported...it would be obtainable in nature basically by eating in an unnatural way or making self prone to allergies for the most part, or off ratios...unless maybe you ate mountains of green vegetables as the bulk of diet. Its kind of an elusive things..its like some people like 'comfort' meals that promote serotonin or tone down mental nerve rate. If something like pufa's tone down nerve rate they could say its 'nourishing and calming' or something, but that also prevents optimal growth rate and functionality. So someone in stressed situation or where theres a lot of pinball machine nervous thoughts that cant be resolved or they don't know or are unwilling to try to resolve at the time, a pufa oil might kind of 'quiet' or sedate that at the potential cost of other things like healing, growth, breath, ect and over time might then become an issue. I get the idea that's why people say some things are good that might be metabolically speaking non ideal cause theyre in situations in life that are stressful or they don't really like or aren't up to the task to face so they kind of just quiet signals...and that's their own choice basically...id basically never intentionaly do that id rather know the truth and face it than purposefully surpress it but if you looka t society and the fact they just go to doctors, psychologists, ect and take medicines its pretty apparent people either don't want to look for root causes and resolve them or don't believe that's possible so anything that 'feels good' they think is good...but it might lead to long term consequences. I think Peat says omega 3 is showsn benefit cause it slows or surpresses the immune system, which slows healing but might lessen pain or stress signals. In either case, if you were to see large piles of scrap fish that smelled terrible and someone was to squeeze the juice/oil out of them and hand it to you would you eat it and think its good for your brain and necessary? I think theres a good reason they are hidden in capsule form instead of sold as a liquid oil. And I don't mean to call them scrap fish...its probably just an industry term but really its foul and dare I say haneous. Its that fine line where like yea but people had to survive in various climates and all that but then in a pure objective sense its pretty terrible and unnecessary currently so I go with that

I think people are coming to the root causes,they refuse to take anything that isn't pleasure,Peat spoke about personality disorders and how they probably can't be reversed after a certain age,these disorders I believe are all about the pleasure principal,like in Freuds project before he scrapped it.
Peat also mentioned Nicole Foss? She mentioned unmet expectations being one of the biggest threats we face,in the past pain and pleasure were acknowledged in pop culture/populism,in contemporary times the refusal to edperience any level of pain or discomfort,this drives people to psychopathology,rigidity, any thing to preserve their inner projection of what the define as pleasure.
Add tony Robbins and the other charlatans pumping culture full of platitudes and positivity rhetoric and it's ready to blow,these guys in their positivity speeches talk about no pain no gain at times,but for this brief period of pain it pays off and you have pleasure in abundance they say,strangely everyone listens to them for pleasure,we can talk about pain because that's pleasurable but no interest in experiencing it,this is how Robbins and the others make their money from regurgitating from books,stand on a stage and tell other what to do,like a spoiled child at abirthday party who wants to be "in charge". Not exactly painful.
When Robbins had them walk on hot coals for some real physical pain look what happened! He got sued.
Add a poor womb environment,childhood and it comes quicker.

I'm curious if kids just starting on solid foods would naturally prefer salmon or low fat fish like cod for example and in general would they prefer saturated to PUFA.
For me seed oils taste terrible,many self labelled gourmets or foodies force themselves to like these oils IMO by claiming they are nutty,rapeseed oil has taken off in the gourmet world,they also flavour the oil with mushroom to citrus and many more flavours. Peat spoke about the power of culture for rotten meat(aged)!

Drareg

Do you have information on aged cheeses if they are also bad?

Thank You

I think he mentioned the culture around certain aged cheeses also,he did say the higher calcium content of cheese offsets the bad side of fermentation.
I think it's in an article on his website.

A.R

I think he mentioned the culture around certain aged cheeses also,he did say the higher calcium content of cheese offsets the bad side of fermentation.
I think it's in an article on his website.

Thank You

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals