Replace starch with sugars?

I eat around 300-350 g of carbs a day, about 100-150 of that will come from starch and the rest is from sugar (150-200g)from fruits, honey, milk, cane sugar, juice, etc.

I don’t feel any bad affects from the starches I consume normally, which are: russet potatoes, sourdough bread, Hasa Marina, and occasional sweet potato and plantains

Would it beneficial to replace most of that starch with sugars?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I eat around 300-350 g of carbs a day, about 100-150 of that will come from starch and the rest is from sugar (150-200g)from fruits, honey, milk, cane sugar, juice, etc.

I don’t feel any bad affects from the starches I consume normally, which are: russet potatoes, sourdough bread, Hasa Marina, and occasional sweet potato and plantains

Would it beneficial to replace most of that starch with sugars?
You can try it out, but if your current diet doesn't give you problems and you feel good, why change?

Perry Staltic

If you're into the serotonin thing, be aware that plantains have the highest serotonin content of fruits.

Sefton10

As always there's pros and cons. In my experience:

Starch free - Feel lighter and more agile, great for weight loss and staying lean. But, need to eat more often, more expensive if using high quality fruit, often means a lot of liquid (which is easier in summer) if hitting the milk and juice.

Starch - Better satiety, warmer, cheaper, easier to get calories in, better sleep, need to eat less often. But, feel heavier/more sluggish, hold more water weight, easier to overeat in a meal and run into a post-meal slump, depending on the food can be gut irritating too (but so can fruit).

I've added starches back in recently after several months without and it feels more in tune given we're heading into winter here. Ultimately I think a balance between the two is the best bet, the extremes always lead down a dead end eventually.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals