Removing starch cleared mp my skin/dandruff

IVILA

Wanted to write a testimonial of removing starch from my diet.

I used to eat potatoes and rice cyclically (3 days a week) of each. Although potatoes gave me a thermogenic effect, I had severe dandruff and eczema, dry, flakey. red and inflamed skin around both my eyes. As soon as I removed potatoes and rice completely which are mainly starch, I saw a significant decrease in my symptoms over a matter of days. I would say about 80% of my symptoms are gone just by having these foods removed.

I am compensating my carb intake by eating a lot of fruit however, it doesn't seem to give me a ton of energy as potatoes/rice would. Meanwhile, I am using Pau'd Arco extract however I don't see a major difference by using this. Not sure when to incorporate potatoes and rice back into my diet. Going to stick to this plan for a few months for complete recovery.

Roni123@

removing the starch made me see the world more calm and beautiful, it made me appreciate beauty in small details when I drink coffee, but very hungry and energy fluctuation

Sphagnum

I’ve had similar experiences with starch, and have a suggestion for you.

I also tried to compensate with more fruit, but my energy was low and I would eventually have cravings that only starch could satiate.

What I learned here on the forum was that most starchy foods, particularly grains and potatoes, have a mix of two main starch types, amylose and amylopectin. It was suggested by another member (tyw) to stick with low amylose starches.

The two best low-amylose starch foods I’ve found are glutinous rice, aka sweet rice aka sticky rice, as well as small waxy potatoes. I can eat a large amount of either of these and have no issues, while still getting satiated.

So long as I stay away from higher amylose starches, and stick to the low varieties, I reap the benefits without the irritation to scalp and skin.

supercoolguy

Starch is the strongest serotonin boosting food for me. Absolutely destroys my libido and mood.
Im haveing a hard time getting away from it. I do keep servings about a palm size of Shredded White Skinned Potato/White Rice with Butter-COil Blend. Once per day as a accompaniment to a Protein. One Negative reaction I have had.... Consuming that Protein & Starch combination after exercise. Gave me crippling fatigue in 10-15min.

Outside of a potential blood sugar crash & burn, Im not sure what symptoms to look for.

OP
IVILA

IVILA

Starch is the strongest serotonin boosting food for me. Absolutely destroys my libido and mood.
Im haveing a hard time getting away from it. I do keep servings about a palm size of Shredded White Skinned Potato/White Rice with Butter-COil Blend. Once per day as a accompaniment to a Protein. One Negative reaction I have had.... Consuming that Protein & Starch combination after exercise. Gave me crippling fatigue in 10-15min.

Outside of a potential blood sugar crash & burn, Im not sure what symptoms to look for.
I mean I've heard of many people having issues with them. I think that since most people's gut health isn't in a great place it's best to avoid them if they are causing them issues. I'm starting to religiously use antimicrobials like oregano and cinnamon oil to reduce endotoxin/bacterial count. Hopefully it helps to keep gut sterile with a daily carrot salad. TUDCA is also a good one.

FrostedShores

I've recently started incorporating starch (potatoes and rice) into my diet, and the eczema on my hands has flared up as a result. I do notice an increase in energy when eating starch, but the skin issues aren't worth it. Might try sticky rice and small waxy potatoes and see if I get better results.

I mean I've heard of many people having issues with them. I think that since most people's gut health isn't in a great place it's best to avoid them if they are causing them issues. I'm starting to religiously use antimicrobials like oregano and cinnamon oil to reduce endotoxin/bacterial count. Hopefully it helps to keep gut sterile with a daily carrot salad. TUDCA is also a good one.
Has oregano and cinnamon oil been helpful? I'm interested in any updates.

jet9

I’ve had similar experiences with starch, and have a suggestion for you.

I also tried to compensate with more fruit, but my energy was low and I would eventually have cravings that only starch could satiate.

What I learned here on the forum was that most starchy foods, particularly grains and potatoes, have a mix of two main starch types, amylose and amylopectin. It was suggested by another member (tyw) to stick with low amylose starches.

The two best low-amylose starch foods I’ve found are glutinous rice, aka sweet rice aka sticky rice, as well as small waxy potatoes. I can eat a large amount of either of these and have no issues, while still getting satiated.

So long as I stay away from higher amylose starches, and stick to the low varieties, I reap the benefits without the irritation to scalp and skin.
Is Jasmine rice low or high amylose?