Remove Your Braces And Retainers!

I told my dentist to remove my braces a year ago, shortly after I found out about mewing. She clearly wasn't happy to hear that I wanted them off my mouth, but whatever, I was really happy to get them removed. One of the first things I did was feel my teeth with my tongue, and it was a really nice feeling. It had been 6 years since I hadn't felt my teeth in their entirety, since those metal things were attached to them all the time.

Cleaning your teeth well with braces is much harder. Many times, things such as meat get stuck in the wire of the braces and i would have to wait until the next visit to the dentist to effectively clean it up. And my teeth were pretty yellow when the braces were there, so I would say that, in my case, they were really contributing to bacterial growth and plaque.

Perhaps braces also contributed to my intolerance to fiber as well.

gaze

After reading this thread, i thought it's a good time to make an effort to get my bonded retainer removed. over the years the glue has worn down, so the bare metal has been in my mouth which is probsbly giving me some metals especially when i drink OJ and acidic stuff. so i just got my swiss army knife and and basically detached one end of it then just yanked the entire thing off. it was way easier then I'd thought it would be, i shoulda done it earlier. now i'm gonna have to go get the glue and stuff scraped off. I've never cared about my teeth being straight, especially now that i'm much older. so the actual purpose of the retainer doesn't concern me

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I always wondered why I felt off the next day after sleeping in my removable retainer. I probably only wear it 3-4 times a year.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals