Remineralising Teeth

GorillaHead

I imagine there is systemic absorption. A very big no no for me.

There is fluoride in water. Way way worse.

Using toothpaste and the spitting out will have very little affect on the system absorption you worry about. Not to mention periodic iodine use can displace that systemic absorption.

There is fluoride in water. Way way worse.

Using toothpaste and the spitting out will have very little affect on the system absorption you worry about. Not to mention periodic iodine use can displace that systemic absorption.

I filter it out of my water.

I disagree with the harmlessness. Painting my teeth very occasionally with fluoride I would consider but rinsing with it is a really bad idea.

Iodine isn’t something I mess with either on a regular basis.

GorillaHead

I filter it out of my water.

I disagree with the harmlessness. Painting my teeth very occasionally with fluoride I would consider but rinsing with it is a really bad idea.

Iodine isn’t something I mess with either on a regular basis.
Mi toothpaste isn’t a rinse.

I would paint my teeth with a fluoride solution very occasionally if I felt it was a good idea to use fluoride, which I do not. But the emphasis would be on contact with teeth.

Sorry, I didn’t really read up on it, just saw they make a paste with fluoride. I don’t use regular toothpaste, and especially avoid fluoride-containing ones, because of systemic absorption concerns.

If I had bad tooth surfaces, I would use fluoride.

For regular routine use, I would not, and I don’t have bad teeth surfaces. I have strong teeth. Just looking to keep them that way and resist the effects of acids in the diet.

I made a new batch

Trisodium phosphate
Calcium carbonate
Sodium bicarbonate
L-arginine

I shall see how this does for a week or so.

It’s hard to say how the last batch performed. This time I expect less hot and cold sensitivity and will gauge it that way. My teeth are pretty good on the surface.

Inaut

i have a question.... since calcium phosphate is insoluble in water, what does one think about dissolving it it in a little vinegar, then adding a little baking soda to neutralize any remaining acidity, then diluting it in water for a mouth rinse to help remineralize the teeth? just did a brief google search on how farmers make calcium phosphate soluble for agricultural application and thought it might be worth asking the smart people round these parts....?

Mossy

Mossy

——-

Sheik

I found this doing a search but have no experience with it:
Hydroxyapatite Powder High Purity Less Price Fast Delivery - Nanoshel

I do see that amazon sells several toothpastes with it included.

With regard to nano particles, I’ve heard there is a potential for concern, in how your body absorbs the particles when consumed and also working with the powders and breathing them in.
Thank you, this is good to know. I'm thinking I'll mix some powder with distilled water and use that. I found some sellers on Alibaba. One told me they would sell me 1kg of powder for $250 USD (shipping included). They offer different particle sizes. I've seen sizes of 20nm, 40nm, and 60nm suggested for tooth remineralization. I'm still looking for info on that.

pepsi

I heard Dr Ray Peat mention in one of his interviews that rinsing with calcium phosphate is good for small erosions in teeth.

I put some in my mouth before bed and make sure it coats my teeth and leave it to dissolve.

The bottom edge of my 2 front teeth were slightly transparent, but that has improved since I started this protocol.

Last edited:

Inaut

@pepsi I tried something similar for a while but didn’t notice much benefit. If I understood correctly, some sort of electricity was need to cause the CP to adhere to the teeth...?

pepsi

@pepsi I tried something similar for a while but didn’t notice much benefit. If I understood correctly, some sort of electricity was need to cause the CP to adhere to the teeth...?

I wouldn't know about that. I just remember in one interview Dr Peat said that
rinsing with calcium phosphate will help small erosions on teeth, I dont remember that he said anything about electricity being needed.
I found calcium phosphate on amazon and read other good reviews.
I remember the transparent spot on my 2 front upper teeth was concerning to me,
but now when I look, it doesn't look as concerning, so I think the calcium phosphate is helping.
Ill take a picture today and another in a week to really gauge the results.

Roselynne

I wouldn't know about that. I just remember in one interview Dr Peat said that
rinsing with calcium phosphate will help small erosions on teeth, I dont remember that he said anything about electricity being needed.
I found calcium phosphate on amazon and read other good reviews.
I remember the transparent spot on my 2 front upper teeth was concerning to me,
but now when I look, it doesn't look as concerning, so I think the calcium phosphate is helping.
Ill take a picture today and another in a week to really gauge the results.
Do mind sharing which brand you used?