Remineralising Teeth

kyle

I'm wondering if the sodium bicarbonate is what is improving calcium ions in the saliva, not the phosphate. Seems phosphate in most cases oppose calcium's correct role and co2.

Another important effect of carbon dioxide is in the regulation of both calcium and phosphate, by increasing the absorption and retention of calcium (Canzanello, et al., 1995), and by increasing the excretion of phosphate. Increased carbon dioxide (as dissolved gas) and bicarbonate (as sodium bicarbonate) both increase the excretion of phosphate in the urine, even in the absence of the parathyroid hormone. Below the normal level of serum bicarbonate, reabsorption of phosphate by the kidneys is greatly increased (Jehle, et al., 1999). Acetazolamide increases the body's retention of carbon dioxide, and increases the amount of phosphate excreted in the urine.

Phosphate, activation, and aging.

At any rate, I doubt many people have a phosphate deficiency eating an American diet. TSP has been phased out as a cleaner because it would kill water ecosystems IIRC.

@GorillaHead I'd be curious if xylitol/baking soda rinse would be just as effective? At any rate, if any phosphate is absorbed, it seems bicarbonate would be directly increasing in excretion somewhere along the way. Maybe you're just spitting most of it out. But since baking soda will react and increase ph and maybe increase serum calcium if its absorbed. The theory about xylitol was it had similar effects on raising ph.

The effect of sodium bicarbonate oral rinse on salivary pH and oral microflora: A prospective cohort study

They focus on it's role in ph but it's role in increasing calcium might be just as significant. @ecstatichamster 's point about mouth breathing is relevant as well.

GorillaHead

No problem. I just added aspirin to my homemade mixture of baking soda, calcium carbonate, and xylitol. I think the aspirin may be a little drying. Have you had any negative effects from it?
Mossy any whitening results from your mixture. I am wondering if calcium makes a big difference And or the aspirin

Mossy

Mossy any whitening results from your mixture. I am wondering if calcium makes a big difference And or the aspirin
I can’t report any whitening from this mixture. It seems to be a good mouth wash, for homemade, for general cleaning. I only used aspirin for about a week, but it was too drying and did not leave my mouth feeling well. I will likely add TSP soon.

Inaut

I’ve been using tsp/bs mouth rinses for about 4 days now. Nothing to report aside from teeth feeling less sensitive to cold and certain foods. So far so good

GorillaHead

I'm wondering if the sodium bicarbonate is what is improving calcium ions in the saliva, not the phosphate. Seems phosphate in most cases oppose calcium's correct role and co2.

Phosphate, activation, and aging.

At any rate, I doubt many people have a phosphate deficiency eating an American diet. TSP has been phased out as a cleaner because it would kill water ecosystems IIRC.

@GorillaHead I'd be curious if xylitol/baking soda rinse would be just as effective? At any rate, if any phosphate is absorbed, it seems bicarbonate would be directly increasing in excretion somewhere along the way. Maybe you're just spitting most of it out. But since baking soda will react and increase ph and maybe increase serum calcium if its absorbed. The theory about xylitol was it had similar effects on raising ph.

The effect of sodium bicarbonate oral rinse on salivary pH and oral microflora: A prospective cohort study

They focus on it's role in ph but it's role in increasing calcium might be just as significant. @ecstatichamster 's point about mouth breathing is relevant as well.

I am starting to think the mix with TSP is making my teeth more yellow. And the fact that you said tsp displaces calcium it makes absolutely no sense to use it

Inaut

Made me think @GorillaHead ...

It did make my teeth feel less sensitive though. That’s a plus ... I just realized that I had some dicalcium phosphate kicking around.

I feel it’s safer to test out at the moment... baking soda/sea salt/dcp and xylitol for brushing. Probably just going to use the salts for a tooth soak and the xylitol for the brushing

sladerunner69

This is simply an alkalinity rinse. I think you would get better results simply by rinsing with baking soda a couple times a day, or particularly after sugary/acidic meals.

GorillaHead

Made me think @GorillaHead ...

It did make my teeth feel less sensitive though. That’s a plus ... I just realized that I had some dicalcium phosphate kicking around.

I feel it’s safer to test out at the moment... baking soda/sea salt/dcp and xylitol for brushing. Probably just going to use the salts for a tooth soak and the xylitol for the brushing
This is simply an alkalinity rinse. I think you would get better results simply by rinsing with baking soda a couple times a day, or particularly after sugary/acidic meals.

Okay I am redoing the solution.

I have baking soda. Calcium carbonate. Theobromine and arganine in my solution. I believe this will be the real deal. Rinsing 2-3 times a day. I took photos will document. Photos taken everyday. 2 weeks I expect to see something noticeable

Inaut

I’ve added some bentonite clay to my mouth rinse mixture by way of @danishispsychic’s suggestion. I’ll test it out. Teeth definitely feel clean. Oh yea, I also brush teeth with xylitol after a parsley drink. The bits of parsley are in my teeth so maybe it’s helpful too....

johnwester130

sladerunner69

Okay argarine maybe making my teeth super sensitive any ideas why?
this is just thinking out loud, but perhaps the arginine is increasing the bacteria colonization of your gut. The nitric oxide increase from arginine may have that effect. Peat claims that tooth decay is largely connected to the status of the gut.

most alternative mouthwashes use calcium carbonate and it works too

Thanks. As some others here, I don't really trust the whole phosphate thing. I use another self-mixed mouthwash now with a bit calcium carbonate. Mixed it 2 days ago and it seems the calcium carbonate doesn't fully disolve (or maybe it's some of the other powders). It is ok if I shake it before using though. Btw: I haven't even looked deeper into tri-calcium phosphate, since I read somewhere it doesn't disolve well in water neither...

My current mouthwash contains:
- distilled water
- baking soda
- xylitol
- Birkengold tooth powder (contains as per label: calcium carbonate, xylitol, mentha piperita leaf powder, zingiber officinale root powder, eugenia caryophyllus flower bud powder, eugenol, limonene)

The latter is an Austrian product. Don't know it yet, currently trying it for the first time. It is meant for brushing, but I just put a bit into my mouthwash...
Zahnkreide (Zahnpulver) mit Xylit 100 g - Birkengold - Birkengold - Natürlich ohne Zucker

I want to add that I actually don't have big problems with demineralisation. Just trying around for a good mouthwash to keep my teeth healthy, since I recently increased my fruit juice intake.

johnwester130

Thanks. As some others here, I don't really trust the whole phosphate thing. I use another self-mixed mouthwash now with a bit calcium carbonate. Mixed it 2 days ago and it seems the calcium carbonate doesn't fully disolve (or maybe it's some of the other powders). It is ok if I shake it before using though. Btw: I haven't even looked deeper into tri-calcium phosphate, since I read somewhere it doesn't disolve well in water neither...

- distilled water
- baking soda
- xylitol
- Birkengold tooth powder (contains as per label: calcium carbonate, xylitol, mentha piperita leaf powder, zingiber officinale root powder, eugenia caryophyllus flower bud powder, eugenol, limonene)

The latter is an Austrian product. Don't know it yet, currently trying it for the first time. It is meant for brushing, but I just put a bit into my mouthwash...
Zahnkreide (Zahnpulver) mit Xylit 100 g - Birkengold - Birkengold - Natürlich ohne Zucker

I want to add that I actually don't have big problems with demineralisation. Just trying around for a good mouthwash to keep my teeth healthy, since I recently increased my fruit juice intake.

uncle harrys mouthwash seems very good

TheSir

- distilled water
- baking soda
- xylitol

TSP dissolves in water well. I tried putting some of it on my tongue while having baking soda solution in my mouth, it dissolved instantly.

nvm you were talking about TCP

GorillaHead

Guys guys! Hollyshit.

So I was doing tons of research on how to remineralize enamel. Ultimately goal was to make my teeth whiter without hydrogen peroxide. I did have some white spots on my teeth.

I came upon a thread on longecity and this guy talked about recaldent and only one toothpaste has it. And then I saw some published research with photos that showed it’s effects.

I kid u not. After one brush session the white spots on my teeth were gone instantly like wow!

Called MI paste. Bought it on eBay. Apparently it’s professional use only.

But wow. Can’t wait to document photos by the end of this week. Hoping it makes my teeth white for sure.

Those white spots were there all until I brushed with Mi paste plus.

Attachments

• 0068C81E-FA18-416D-BDE3-A2C970385337.jpeg
    0068C81E-FA18-416D-BDE3-A2C970385337.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals