Remedies when catched a cold ?

InChristAlone

Fresh crushed garlic, wait about 15 mins for the allicin to really form.

InChristAlone

Fresh is better than alimed allicin ?

Crush it and wait 15 minutes ?
I've never tried the supplement, seems pretty cheap and easy to just get some garlic.

SOMO

+1 for garlic.

Gargle with raw honey, let it coat the back of your throat, don't just swallow it.

Oregano oil or just steep oregano spice in warm water until the flavor is extracted and drink it.

burtlancast

magnesium chloride always a must

mixture of ginger + lemon juice + honey

inhalations of hydrogen peroxyde and iodine

aliml

Milk Honey Garlic Butter remedy for cold & flu​

INGREDIENTS​

• 1 glass of milk (200ml)
  • 2 tbsp of raw honey
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 tsp of butter (unsalted)

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Place butter in milk and warm it all up just until butter melts. When done set aside so the milk comes back to room temperature.
  2. Mince the clove of garlic and leave to sit aside for 5 minutes (This will allow to develop the antibacterial compound called Allicin.)
  3. When milk reached room temperature add the minced clove of garlic and honey, stir well and drink straight away.

OP
M

Motif

Thanks!

What could be used for nasal rinses?

Could iodine salt be used for inhaling too?
I don’t eat that, but would it be good for that purpose?

Jam

Rinse nose and gargle with saline + diluted Lugol's. Stick an opened bottle of 5% Lugol's under your nose and take deep breaths through the nose and back out through the mouth multiple times. Betadine can be substituted for Lugol's for gargling. Additionally, Pau D'Arco tea, eucalyptus oil and thyme. Warm milk and honey. Topical Vicks Vaporub (or homemade with Camphor, Eucalyptus, Menthol, Turpentine, Thymol)

Last edited:

zwez

I find green tea to be potent in its ability to thwart symptoms at the onset of a cold, although i dislike using it daily, especially the psychoactive action of l-theanine, which i don't enjoy.

golder

I find green tea to be potent in its ability to thwart symptoms at the onset of a cold, although i dislike using it daily, especially the psychoactive action of l-theanine, which i don't enjoy.
the 'psychoactive' effect of theanine (even in large doses, let alone the few mg's in a cup of green tea), has to single handedly have the most mild psychoactive effects of any of the 200+ supplements I've tried over 30 years and also had zero effect in mitigating the effects of an onset of a cold. It's fascinating how the same thing can be almost the opposite for someone else.

Atonewithme

Forum Supporter
What does really help ?
Lysine has been my go to for years. I take a large does 2x day at the first sign of a sore throat for 2-3 days and taper down. Usually stops it in it’s tracks if I catch it in time.

OP
M

Motif

Lysine has been my go to for years. I take a large does 2x day at the first sign of a sore throat for 2-3 days and taper down. Usually stops it in it’s tracks if I catch it in time.
Thanks

Sefton10

Rinse nose and gargle with saline + diluted Lugol's. Stick an opened bottle of 5% Lugol's under your nose and take deep breaths through the nose and back out through the mouth multiple times. Betadine can be substituted for Lugol's for gargling. Additionally, Pau D'Arco tea, eucalyptus oil and thyme. Warm milk and honey. Topical Vicks Vaporub (or homemade with Camphor, Eucalyptus, Menthol, Turpentine, Thymol)
Jam I've been using a couple of drops of Lugol's in a daily sinus rinse with salt and Xylitol lately, do you see any issues with long term use?

Jam

Jam I've been using a couple of drops of Lugol's in a daily sinus rinse with salt and Xylitol lately, do you see any issues with long term use?
Negative. Go forth young Jedi!

Sefton10

Negative. Go forth young Jedi!
Grazie. I can't find the article but I'd seen a prominent mainstream doctor mocking people for using iodine rinses as part of COVID prevention (not why I'm using it), she was claiming something along the lines of it would kill good bacteria in the nasal passage. I've been finding it really beneficial.

Jam

Grazie. I can't find the article but I'd seen a prominent mainstream doctor mocking people for using iodine rinses as part of COVID prevention (not why I'm using it), she was claiming something along the lines of it would kill good bacteria in the nasal passage. I've been finding it really beneficial.
Iodine doesn't kill good bacteria. Add Lugol's to any food you want to preserve, and it will take much longer to spoil. However, take a liter of raw milk and add a few drops of Lugol's. The milk will not spoil, with or without the Lugol's, if it is proper raw milk that has been handled correctly. But it will still turn sour and start fermenting (in a good way) due to endogenous "good" bacteria that are not eliminated by the iodine. I have made sour cream and cheese with raw milk with added Lugol's.

Ben.

Take a laxative (or anything that helps you empty yourself) and / or activated charcoal to check if the "cold" or "flu" is not more than a current issue within the digestive track.

This has fixed some "sicknesses" instantanously for me at times.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals