Relieve PSSD down with this mineral

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the reply @Hans . I supplemented with T4 and T3 together, my TSH went down, but the symptoms didn't resolve. I have low temperatures, no libido, hair loss. I took escitalopram. Now I'm on T4 alone. Should I go back to adding some T3 in your opinion? And could adding magnesium help me with this condition? I accept any advice, thanks!
Escitalopram does desensitize 5-HT1A autoreceptors in certain areas of the brain, so focusing on sensitizing it could be beneficial. Magnesium and zinc might help, as both sensitize 5-HT1A.
Salt, protein and aspirin can help to boost temps.
Dopamine agonists will help with libido.
How much thyroid were you using?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sorry, I actually meant to say I did feel the T4, it was just very negative. I get the exact same symptoms from TyroMix, which makes me think my liver is able to convert the T4, but there's something going on in my body that it doesn't like the T3...
You're probably lacking some essential nutrient/s that's needed for energy production. So putting pedal to the metal will only flood your system and not make it go faster. Perhaps you can look into vitamin B1, magnesium and other B-vitamins and minerals.

You're probably lacking some essential nutrient/s that's needed for energy production. So putting pedal to the metal will only flood your system and not make it go faster. Perhaps you can look into vitamin B1, magnesium and other B-vitamins and minerals.
I don't think so, as I take great care to ensure I'm eating all the right foods, and I've tried b1 and magnesium, but thank you for the suggestion anyway!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I don't think so, as I take great care to ensure I'm eating all the right foods, and I've tried b1 and magnesium, but thank you for the suggestion anyway!
What negative symptoms do you get from the T4?

CalmAmygdala

Before St John's Wort, you suffered from anhedonia and other blunted emotions and numbness. Many people I work with (who have PSSD) have anxiety, which is basically the opposite of what you had before St John's Wort.
St John's Wort's ability to promote fear and anxiety is through 5-HT2A upregulation. Plus, many people with already high 5-HT2A activity will not necessarily benefit from St John's Wort but rather from something such as magnesium to lower excess 5-HT2A activity.

As a side note, not all SSRI drugs down-regulate 5-HT1A sensitivity.
Would trazodone be sufficient to block the 5ht2a upregulation and consequential fear/anxiety from SJW? What other things might be useful to help cancel out SJW's 5ht2a upregulation? I'm taking SJW right now and getting nice improvements in PSSD, but I definitely notice and uptick in fear despite being on 50 mg trazodone.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Would trazodone be sufficient to block the 5ht2a upregulation and consequential fear/anxiety from SJW? What other things might be useful to help cancel out SJW's 5ht2a upregulation? I'm taking SJW right now and getting nice improvements in PSSD, but I definitely notice and uptick in fear despite being on 50 mg trazodone.
Feverfew, ginkgo, bacopa, Kratom, polygala, berberine and brewers yeast can antagonize 5-HT2A and/or reduce its sensitivity. Perhaps you can try one of those, perhaps polygala.

CalmAmygdala

Feverfew, ginkgo, bacopa, Kratom, polygala, berberine and brewers yeast can antagonize 5-HT2A and/or reduce its sensitivity. Perhaps you can try one of those, perhaps polygala.
Thanks those are all great suggestions. I’ve been doing some research and it looks like hypericin in SJW’s major action is inhibiting dopamine B hydroxylase. What do think about possibly using California Poppy instead of SJW for PSSD bc of its DBH inhibiting properties?

Jon2547

What may not be well known is that St John's Wort can be very harmful to the eyes. I tried it a few times several years ago and each time it increased the photosensitivity in my eyes so that I would have had cataracts in a very short time had I continued to use it.

Just because it is all natural does not mean it is safe to use.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks those are all great suggestions. I’ve been doing some research and it looks like hypericin in SJW’s major action is inhibiting dopamine B hydroxylase. What do think about possibly using California Poppy instead of SJW for PSSD bc of its DBH inhibiting properties?
Yes that's a good idea. If you try it out, keep us posted on what difference you feel.

Astolfo

I find magnesium actually worsens PSSD (in my case at least).

The famous "MESO" who pioneered the 5-HT1A desensitisation theory actually said it can hurt 1A receptor functioning.

That, along with the so famous allopregnanolone theory, has existed long before him. He's nothing but a scammer who's charging people money, just for telling them things already known that give symptomatic relief. He contributed nothing to the pssd research as far as I could see until I leaved that forum a year ago.

CalmAmygdala

what blows me away is how SJW seems to address PSSD so profoundly and so specifically, more so than any other substance i have tried. I was experiencing considerable anxiety and thought it was SJW due to its 5ht2a upregulating properties so i dropped it.... The anxiety continued, but within 3 days my PSSD symptoms had come back full throttle. Took one today and within 10 minutes my anxiety DECREASED and even my physique changed, all of a sudden my muscles felt tight and hard and i felt that familiar alpha feeling come back. I wonder if 5ht1a is somehow intricately tied to androgen receptor function.... i was also kind of blown away at the reduction in anxiety... i'm attributing that to its DHB inhibiting properties, which would reduce NE

I received my California poppy today in the mail but im hesitant to try it.... SJW seems to be like a tack hammer in regards to its specificity in really getting at a core component of whatever is going on in PSSD... not sure if its the DBH inhibition or the 5th1a upregulation...t

I dropped trazodone last night which makes my last dose wednesday night.... I think it may have been what was aggravating my anxiety, perhaps via its 5ht2c acitvity, which can increase NE frontally

CalmAmygdala

I swear PSSD feels like death. You just want to crawl under a rock, submerge yourself, and die.

Your **** becomes small, white, and cold, like a useless, lifeless, vestigial organ that serves no purpose and would probably be better surgically removed. Whenever I am in this state my psychological and emotional state follow in suit, just severe depresion, anhedonia, anxiety, hopelessness. I could find out I just made a ton of money in crypto and it wouldn't matter at all. I can actually vouch for this because I have made a decent amount in the midst of PSSD and it wasn't even a blip on the emotional radar. My heart goes out to all who suffer from this savage syndrome.

I stopped tianeptine and am apparently going through pretty substantial withdrawals. I only took 50 mg a day for 30 days (sulfate - 25 mg 2x daily). Didnt experience any real euphoria or addictive potential. I read that one could get some long term changes in neurochemistry from a 30 day cycle that might improve serotonin signalling/receptor function and maybe even have some nootropic benefit.

I've been taking it to ease my recent taper off paroxetine and possibly augment some of the symptoms of PSSD.

Today is my first day off and it feels like a mix of severe PSSD with opiate withdrawal like features: severe depresion, anhedonia, lethargy, hopelessness, **** completely shut down, restless leg syndrome, body aches, anxiety, loss of appetite. Wanted to share with everyone my experience with tianeptine in case it might help someone.

I'd tread very carefully. I will say that I do believe I gained some kind of nootropic benefit from it but these withdrawals indicate to me it was far from worth it.

Sorry if Ive hijacked this thread Hans. I'll be happy to start a new one if you'd like me to. Just wanted to share because its PSSD related and I figure others with PSSD will be reading this thread. Just want to add to the online vault of PSSD experiences out there.

I've been takinf mag glycinate and/or citrate for years now so cant say one way or the other where its helped with my PSSD. I'm sure it hasnt hurt

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals