Reliable Gelatin Powders

Luis aguilar

Hey guys also wanted to ask if any of you know if all gelatins are pretty much the same or if certain brands are def better for a long run consumption?
And any brand suggestions
Thank you :)

Peater

Great Lakes was supposed to be the best, I can't get it in the UK any more, only hydrolysed collagen which seems too processed for my liking.

ilovecows

I'd be on the look out for grass fed/pasture raised. Not sure about the processing side of things. Remember you could always make your own gelatinous meaty bone broth! :yum: I'm in Australia and buy my gelatin pwoder from a local company called NutraOrganics. I tolerate and digest it extremely well, much better than a store bought one I tried years ago. Highly recommended for any other aussies. they also sell collagen powders though I've never used those. They have flavoring and additives iirc.

Jeff Masters

I requested the heavey metals certificacte from the guys at Collagenx.com.au (another australian company) and they seem to have all certifications and guranteed safety of the products also providing me with glyphosate free certification. There collagen has no addatives or excipients. They also do gelatin which I started with then moving into collagen once my diegestion improved, as the collagen is far easier to use. I now use 10 gram collagen and low dose aspirin everyday along with some ideal labs for over all health maintenance. I like the camphosol which assists when any imbalance in gut occurs along with charcoal.

yerrag

I don't trust the powders. What is your assurance they don't have heavy metals and endotoxins?

You think the government and its agencies watch your back? Think again.

Just buy the only gelatin that is free from heavy metals from bone marrow, and free from endotoxins from hides.

Beef tendon or pork tendons. Then cook it yourself.

I just steam it into jello. Cool. Solidify in the ref. And then cut into chunks.

I make a sauce and eat it with the sauce as like an appetizer.

Certainly, not everyone can do this. But if you can, it's better.

yerrag

Dr. Wong recommends Knox gelatin to people and was asked why not the more expensive gelatin. He says he doesn't trust the sourcing. Sorry, I don't have the time stamp but it's not a very long listen:

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/9tmXKcSR63cR/

Edit:

Time stamp at 15:30

Last edited:

yerrag

Too much endotoxin in gelatin powders across the board. I'd suggest bone broth for gelatin. :2cents:
It's better for sure, but I'm concerned about heavy metals that accumulate in bone marrow. Still better though.

I suppose since glutathione helps remove heavy metals, and gelatin increasing glutathione prouction, it would still at the very least minimize the accumulation of heavy metals.

Jeff Masters

I get mine from Collagenx in Australia and asked about heavey metals, glyphosate and sustainability. They sent me certification that they contain no heavey metals or glyphosate and have what seems a very good sustainability statement. I am also very happy with the product which I have now been uses for the last 3 years along with their collagen which doesn't effect my sensative digestion.

yerrag

I get mine from Collagenx in Australia and asked about heavey metals, glyphosate and sustainability. They sent me certification that they contain no heavey metals or glyphosate and have what seems a very good sustainability statement. I am also very happy with the product which I have now been uses for the last 3 years along with their collagen which doesn't effect my sensative digestion.
It is their word.

Why do you trust them if the government can't be trusted to enforce the law for us? Any scumbag knows how to take advantage of the corruption in the government and the gullibility of the public.

Sadly, blind trust is all we have and I hope that trust is reciprocated by honesty, and that scumbags are a small minority.

But I think that is wishful thinking.

Jeff Masters

Hi Yucca, I have tried glycine on its own for several months but didn't appear to have the same benefits as collagen or gelatin.

Yerrag I agree with your appraisal, it is hard to trust any big organizations with vested interest. The governments of the world are perpetuating this motion as we speak, to the point I cannot believe how brazen they have become!
How ever I needed collagen and gelatin for digestion and joints and I am receiving great benefits with no side effects except my hair, nails and skin have improved at the age of 62. This after 3 years of taking at least 10grams every day.

JamesGatz

Following, Only gelatin powder I seem to not react REALLY bad to is Now Foods Gelatin - just emailed them for their lab analysis and will post here. It sucks cause I still get histamine from now foods (feel it in my legs) so I can't do larger doses. I really wanted the powder to work to avoid making my own broth, but it seems like that it may be the only real solution. Great Lakes orange can is ok - It's a lot better than the green can for sure - that green can absolutely obliterates my digestive system.

yerrag

Hi Yucca, I have tried glycine on its own for several months but didn't appear to have the same benefits as collagen or gelatin.

Yerrag I agree with your appraisal, it is hard to trust any big organizations with vested interest. The governments of the world are perpetuating this motion as we speak, to the point I cannot believe how brazen they have become!
How ever I needed collagen and gelatin for digestion and joints and I am receiving great benefits with no side effects except my hair, nails and skin have improved at the age of 62. This after 3 years of taking at least 10grams every day.
I'm glad it is working well for you as really, we need gelatin to also supply a key part of our primary antioxidant system, as the body makes glutathione when it needs it, and the freshness and timeliness of having an antioxidant from the body's own stores of precursors is much better than supplementing say 3x a day, which does not seem to provide adequate glutathione 24x7.

Aside from the collagen made from it, the availability of adequate internal antioxidants is what keeps oxidative stresses from eating into our tissues.

Green Dot

Following, Only gelatin powder I seem to not react REALLY bad to is Now Foods Gelatin - just emailed them for their lab analysis and will post here. It sucks cause I still get histamine from now foods (feel it in my legs) so I can't do larger doses. I really wanted the powder to work to avoid making my own broth, but it seems like that it may be the only real solution. Great Lakes orange can is ok - It's a lot better than the green can for sure - that green can absolutely obliterates my digestive system.
Do you happen to have Now’s results? I’ve read that their gelatin contains silica.

JamesGatz

Do you happen to have Now’s results? I’ve read that their gelatin contains silica.
They gave me an odd answer - that they don't give out lab reports for any of their products but that they ensure quality is always up to par with their sources - I've been eating it for awhile now that's interesting about the silica part I will try and experiment with different bone broths then - to be honest I haven't had much of a problem with digestion from NOW but from Great Lakes ? That stuff is the stuff of nightmares for my digestion and it's supposed to be pretty clean from what I've read

L

Lord Cola

Bone broth is great but time consuming to make and and tiring to eat enough of it. Is there anything that could replace gelatin as a safe source of protein that doesn't contain tryptophan?