Reliable Gelatin Powders

JamesGatz

Bone broth is great but time consuming to make and and tiring to eat enough of it. Is there anything that could replace gelatin as a safe source of protein that doesn't contain tryptophan?
I feel the same way - making it myself is so much time taken and I have to travel a bit to even make it from scratch especially during the winter - there's a huge supermarket just down the street with a huge selection of bone broths that I would rather use everyday I just need to experiment to see which ones are safe for me rather than spend hours to make my own - I wish this was a lot easier - getting this clean protein in is a hassle

LUH 3417

Both Great Lakes orange and green can have a horrible arginine : lysine ratio. I went a little over board and was pounding down both as my main protein source over a weeks time. I thought I was developing shingles or MS - weird tingling all over, felt like I was walking really weird, cold sore on my lip. I’m not sure why Peat recommend gelatin if it’s so high in arginine compared to lysine. Doesn’t arginine increase NO and serotonin?