Rejected Trying To Donate Blood

frant26

I just tried donating blood here in Mexico but was rejected because I had "multiple partners in the last 5 years" and I had practiced oral sex on women without female condoms.

Besides the personal health benefits I was happy to help others with my (what I consider healthy) blood.

"You are not going to donate today" – the doctor told me without a single thank you for my intention or time. Worse, she suggested I was trying to donate to "get free HIV tests".

So, f **** helping people. Next time I am going to lie, let them draw the blood and tell them to throw it away after the fact. At least someone gets the benefit.

People who have normal sex lives without a stable partner – are you donating? How do you manage?

tankasnowgod

I just tried donating blood here in Mexico but was rejected because I had "multiple partners in the last 5 years" and I had practiced oral sex on women without female condoms.

Besides the personal health benefits I was happy to help others with my (what I consider healthy) blood.

"You are not going to donate today" – the doctor told me without a single thank you for my intention or time. Worse, she suggested I was trying to donate to "get free HIV tests".

So, f **** helping people. Next time I am going to lie, let them draw the blood and tell them to throw it away after the fact. At least someone gets the benefit.

People who have normal sex lives without a stable partner – are you donating? How do you manage?

Mexico may have different regulations than the USA, but there are no specific questions about multiple partners or types of sex on the questionaires here in the USA. The biggest issues are men who have had sex with other men, and people who receive money for sex. Ultimately, they are trying to screen out STDs, with the biggest issue being HIV. They test each blood sample for several communicable diseases before any transfusion.

It may not even be a government issue, it could be the policy of whatever donation center you went to. I have heard stories of the Red Cross denying donations for all sorts of bizarre reasons that are not part of the official government guidelines. They also had a longstanding policy to not accept blood from those with hemochromatosis, but there is no reason whatsoever to decline donations from people with that condition, as the blood doesn't contain any more iron than those without it. Never had any issues with the hospitals that I go to donate at.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals