Regulating Sugar/thyroid

Stunning4keke

how does one go about regulating sugar/hence regulating thyroid i would imagine. but how does one regulate their sugar in the body?

thank you!

pboy

based on my experience, just a good spread out of it throughout the day is the best way, but I've heard people say they do better on meals. I try not to exceed about 200 cals from sugar/ protein an any one sitting or one hour, not because of insulin or fat gain or anything, but simply because of their water retaining, hygrscopic effect, too much at once makes me have that too full watery feeling in the gut until some of it gets burned and sweat / peed out. However, approaching low blood sugar is one of the worst things for stress, so if I start getting that less energetic, thinking about food feeling, I make sure to get some type of sugar / protein in as soon as possible

They thyroid appreciates you always having a steady supply of energy, but at the same time the body doesn't want to have to be carrying any extra water or weight than it needs at any given one time....so that's the basis for my approach. Keep in mind too that fat is nearly weightless, and doesn't require water to move, process, or store...so its absolutely excellent as thyroid support

jaguar43

I personally don't look at regulating my body, I try to see my body as going in a direction. The medical establishment has the idea that everything is needed in a balance way, but personally I believe that their are moments where you need a high amount of a specific nutrient or condition in order to overcome a stress reaction. An example is diabetics, where one type has to much insulin, and the other has to little. But their is a lot of evidence showing that the causes of both types of diabetics are closely related ( pufa, cortisol, ffa, stress, low food intake, hibernation). I think you best bet is to see what you perceive you need for your body and go from their.

J

j.

What I do is this: I try to eat mainly dairy, fruits, meats, and eggs. If I eat these things and avoid PUFA and soy, I try to make sure that I eat at least 80 grams of protein. Other than that, I let my appetite and desires regulate which specific foods I eat and how much.

OP
Stunning4keke

Stunning4keke

thanks you guys! so i am very new to all of this and quite overwhelmed. how do i learn how much is 80 grams of protein so i can start at least 'regulation my protein intake'?
and since i've suffered with that supposedly candida symptom most of my life, or vaginal yeast for sure i have been afraid to eat any sugar.

what can i do about that? and how should i incorporate sugar? i am even afraid to drink the orange juice although i'm doing it.
and how does one use the powdered casgara sagrada? in water or a tea? also, does cascara sagrada cause a "dependency' for the colon.
thanks again, Stunning!

Edward

jag2594 said:
I personally don't look at regulating my body, I try to see my body as going in a direction. The medical establishment has the idea that everything is needed in a balance way, but personally I believe that their are moments where you need a high amount of a specific nutrient or condition in order to overcome a stress reaction. An example is diabetics, where one type has to much insulin, and the other has to little. But their is a lot of evidence showing that the causes of both types of diabetics are closely related ( pufa, cortisol, ffa, stress, low food intake, hibernation). I think you best bet is to see what you perceive you need for your body and go from their.

Dr. Peat has mentioned a couple times about the idea of "theoretical nutrition". He said it was best to listen and eat when you are hungry.

I'd have to agree with you both.

J

j.

Stunning4keke said:
thanks you guys! so i am very new to all of this and quite overwhelmed. how do i learn how much is 80 grams of protein so i can start at least 'regulation my protein intake'?

Go to wolframalpha.com and type for example 1 liter milk, protein. I think it will say that one liter of milk has about 43 grams of protein. An egg has 6 or 7. 50 grams of cheese I think has about 10 grams of protein. Chocolate powder also has protein.

pboy

Cheese (1oz, 1 cube, 1 string cheese, 1 slice) = 7g
Milk (1 Cup, 8oz) = 8g
Chocolate (bar, 1oz) = 3g
Chocolate (Powder, 1oz, 2 tbsp) = 5.4g
1 Egg (large) = 6g
Orange Juice (1 Cup, 8oz) = 2g
Potato (1 medium, about a cup chopped) = 4g
Carrot (1 medium) = 0.6g

Most meat is about 18 - 25 g per a palm sized, 3.5oz serving

You can use google, theres various nutrition data websites that give exact amounts for exact servings. Or read the labels on the food themselves, usually they're labeled pretty well