Regular fluttering sensation in upper left abdomen?

Callmestar

Another health issue/thread unfortunately...

I've posted other threads here about health problems and have had some great advice which I am implementing in terms of Peat style diet and thyroid etc. I seem to have stumbled across another problem which is now also causing me issues and waking me up at night.

I've been feeling this near constant fluttery feeling in the upper left/centre abdomen below the heart. Initially I was concerned it was the heart but the symptoms don't correlate with my heart rate or blood pressure which appear ok. I'm convinced it's likely something to do with my stomach. Possibly Gastritis. That's where the near constant fluttery / bubbling sensation is coming from. I've also had some mild reflux.

I noticed when I was on a Keto diet for a few weeks it went away so again likely stomach related.

What are the best options to treat this? Ideally I wouldn't take antacids and mess with my digestion but are they my best option?

Advice appreciated as always.

OP
C

Callmestar

Or if anyone thinks this could be something other than a stomach issue, please share. The other organs round about the location of the fluttering sensation are the pancreas and spleen. Not sure if these could be causing the symptoms?

My digestion is typically ok, other than I appear to be getting reflux more recently.

Diokine

The pancreas secretes bicarbonate at differing rates throughout the day, and under continued stress you will see an increase in the central nervous patterns that maintain these secretions. This continued stress irritates the pancreas and makes it more difficult for it to regulate osmotically. Left unopposed, this process can lead to episodes of metabolic acidosis. I believe this sequence is extremely common in individuals experiencing chronic nervous and metabolic stress. A 1/4tsp of baking soda taken something like every two hours might be diagnostic and could help relieve some of the stress on the pancreas.

The Role of Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) Channels in Pancreatitis

OP
C

Callmestar

The pancreas secretes bicarbonate at differing rates throughout the day, and under continued stress you will see an increase in the central nervous patterns that maintain these secretions. This continued stress irritates the pancreas and makes it more difficult for it to regulate osmotically. Left unopposed, this process can lead to episodes of metabolic acidosis. I believe this sequence is extremely common in individuals experiencing chronic nervous and metabolic stress. A 1/4tsp of baking soda taken something like every two hours might be diagnostic and could help relieve some of the stress on the pancreas.

The Role of Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) Channels in Pancreatitis

Thanks. Very interesting. I will try some Bicarbonate to see if it reduces the symptoms. By any chance do you think this sort of Pancreas issue could causing feelings of dehydration? As that is my main problem outside of this strange abdomen fluttering.