Regular blood donation can remove toxic ‘forever chemicals’ from body, study finds

tankasnowgod

Your statement that blood volume will be restored in a 48 h does not sound right -
Well, it is. Whether it "sounds right" to you or not.
more likely way over 168 h just to restore # of erythrocytes and you would need extra load of B12, folate and iron for them to mature properly - adult humans have roughly 20-30 trillion RBCs at any given time, so after blood letting your body would have to restore 2 - 3 trillion RBCs not to mention everything else!
This is a different issue. They do suggest it takes about a month to restore RBCs. Hence the 8 week donation regulation.

They do suggest you get more b vitamins and iron after donating. Although, it would make sense to skip additional iron if you are donating to lower it, which is something most men and post menopausal women should do.
In the article they suggested blood donation as a treatment from PFAS - meaning treatment of a sick person. As I said in my first comment - "... a healthy person may tolerate it better and recover faster but someone with health problems will be suffering for weeks after this procedure" and the reason for that - sick person does not have what it takes to restore blood, he's already suffering from the poison, messed up metabolism, lack of vitamins, minerals, proteins and stress hormones .
The problem with the terms "Healthy" and "sick" is that they are very ill defined. Someone with hemochromatosis can be "sick" in one sense and still "healthy" enough to donate blood at the same time.

You've arbitrarily decided the people in mentioned in the article are too "sick" to handle a simple and safe procedure like phlebotomy, but also paradoxically think they are "healthy" enough to bear the brunt of a more serious procedure like dialysis. This flat out makes zero sense.

Of note, hemochromatosis patients with the highest ferritin levels (over 1000) will sometimes do blood extractions twice a week to quickly lower ferritin. That is an aggressive schedule on the "sickest" patients. It's also quite literally draining, and they do like to slow the schedule to weekly or semi-monthly as soon as they can.
And thank you for posting your interpretation of high ferritin, that made me smile
That wasn't my interpretation, it was a realistic example. Iron intakes have soared to all time highs in the past few decades, while ways we have traditionally lost iron, like worms and bloodletting, have gone away. And again, high iron is a problem. Whether its from inhaling iron dust as a steel worker, or taking high amounts of iron supplements, or having the genetic predisposition to absorb higher levels of iron. All would benefit from lowering iron levels, and donating blood is the simplest, cheapest, and safest for the vast majority.

74one

Well, it is. Whether it "sounds right" to you or not.

This is a different issue. They do suggest it takes about a month to restore RBCs. Hence the 8 week donation regulation.

They do suggest you get more b vitamins and iron after donating. Although, it would make sense to skip additional iron if you are donating to lower it, which is something most men and post menopausal women should do.

The problem with the terms "Healthy" and "sick" is that they are very ill defined. Someone with hemochromatosis can be "sick" in one sense and still "healthy" enough to donate blood at the same time.

You've arbitrarily decided the people in mentioned in the article are too "sick" to handle a simple and safe procedure like phlebotomy, but also paradoxically think they are "healthy" enough to bear the brunt of a more serious procedure like dialysis. This flat out makes zero sense.

Of note, hemochromatosis patients with the highest ferritin levels (over 1000) will sometimes do blood extractions twice a week to quickly lower ferritin. That is an aggressive schedule on the "sickest" patients. It's also quite literally draining, and they do like to slow the schedule to weekly or semi-monthly as soon as they can.

That wasn't my interpretation, it was a realistic example. Iron intakes have soared to all time highs in the past few decades, while ways we have traditionally lost iron, like worms and bloodletting, have gone away. And again, high iron is a problem. Whether its from inhaling iron dust as a steel worker, or taking high amounts of iron supplements, or having the genetic predisposition to absorb higher levels of iron. All would benefit from lowering iron levels, and donating blood is the simplest, cheapest, and safest for the vast majority.
Nothing is "safe" when you go thru medical procedures, this reminds me recent "safe and affective" popular media mantra. I see you like this procedure and apparently it works for you, though there are better options to treat high ferritin level or detox blood

tankasnowgod

though there are better options to treat high ferritin level or detox blood
Yet you haven't named one, and yourself suggest more dangerous and complicated alternatives.

I made the decision to donate blood after reading about iron from the likes of Dr. Fachinni and the late, great iron researcher E. D. Weinberg, who studied iron for 50 years.

74one

Yet you haven't named one, and yourself suggest more dangerous and complicated alternatives.

I made the decision to donate blood after reading about iron from the likes of Dr. Fachinni and the late, great iron researcher E. D. Weinberg, who studied iron for 50 years.
I gave a list alternatives in one of the previous replies to this tread

supercoolguy

If you want to clean your blood/system. This may be of interest. (wonder if it would catch iron, since it catches microbes like endotoxin)

I see Ferritin listed in the Diagram.

The Adsorber

Funny thing! it helped "last hope" CV19 paitents recover. Since its not FDA/USA approved they had to sign a waiver. It worked great but did you ever hear about That?? Nope.

mrchibbs

My comment was a reaction to the study that implies regular blood donations as a some kind treatment to purify blood from toxins - all they need is just figure out a schedule. I donated my blood when I was young and stupid, and I regret doing this - nothing good coming out from this procedure but loss of energy, stamina and delayed recovery

I benefited from it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals